Roste transfers from the Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Alexandria Echo Press:

Alexandria’s Jaran Roste turned down scholarship offers out of high school to take a shot at playing quarterback in the Big Ten by joining the University of Minnesota as a walk on.

Roste spent a year with the Gophers and new head coach P.J. Fleck. He said he loved the experience and wouldn’t change a thing about that decision, but Roste decided that he is ready to move on from the Gophers and pursue another opportunity. He has been granted his release from Minnesota and will play for Bethel University starting this fall.

“It was a combination of a lot of different things,” Roste said. “Different situations with family, different situations with the football aspect of it and the faith aspect of it. I just decided it was best for me to move on and pursue this option instead.”

Roste had nothing but good things to say about his time at Minnesota. He said he has made friendships that will last a lifetime, and he accomplished a dream he had as a kid by getting into the program he grew up rooting for.

“What they’re doing over there is something I don't think Minnesota has ever seen before,” Roste said of Fleck’s coaching. “I think that’s a good thing. What he’s doing with recruiting alone is ridiculous and who he’s bringing in. That’s a credit to his coaching staff and the whole organization they have. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about that staff. I have loved my time there. Love Fleck and (offensive coordinator) Kirk Ciarrocca. They were really good to me, and I really appreciate everything they did.”

http://www.echopress.com/sports/football/4451577-roste-transfers-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Good luck to Jaran.

He followed his dream to play for a team he rooted for growing up, but also realized he wants to start as a QB.

I'm surprised no one has a thread on Adam Beck transferring.

I'm surprised no one has a thread on Adam Beck transferring.

When did that happen? We felt pretty good about Beck and Handy-Holly when they came on board, and now they're gone, even though we're not very deep in the secondary.

When did that happen? We felt pretty good about Beck and Handy-Holly when they came on board, and now they're gone, even though we're not very deep in the secondary.

I can't find anything about Beck transferring, but he's not listed on the roster at the moment.

Best of luck to him.

Best of luck to Roste. He should make great things happen at Bethel. They have football, don't they?

Steve Johnson has had a pretty good run the last 20 years or more at Bethel after taking over a wretched program.

Bethel has not been as good as St. Thomas or St Johns the last few years, but no one else had put up much a fight against either for a few years. Bethel still gets a lot of players with some skill and are well coached and are still the in the 3/4 spot in the MIAC.

As a young man, I probably would not want to be marooned at Bethel, but good luck to the QB.

Top Bottom