Highest Cumulative GPA Ever for Football Team!

Taji34

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also Spring 2018 tied for highest term GPA (with Spring 2017)!

Very cool (provided we aren't doing the UNC fake class thing)

How can the cumulative GPA average be greater than the highest term GPA?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also Spring 2018 tied for highest term GPA (with Spring 2017)!
As long as it's not a UNC GPA, I say congratulations. [emoji41]

How can the cumulative GPA average be greater than the highest term GPA?

They are specifically talking about the "Spring" terms of 2018 vs 2017. The cumulative GPA would seem to include the Fall & Summer terms & they may have caused the cumulative GPA to be higher.

They are specifically talking about the "Spring" terms of 2018 vs 2017. The cumulative GPA would seem to include the Fall & Summer terms & they may have caused the cumulative GPA to be higher.

Says highest term GPA...

It’s like Year Zero. It’s a new math thing.

It’s not very complicated. Spring 2018 tied Spring 2017 for highest term GPA ever. However the Fall 17 GPA was higher than Fall ‘16, so this the cumulative GPA (for the year) was the highest ever.

Its all rubber stamp in this day and age.
An A now is like a C twenty years ago.

It’s not very complicated. Spring 2018 tied Spring 2017 for highest term GPA ever. However the Fall 17 GPA was higher than Fall ‘16, so this the cumulative GPA (for the year) was the highest ever.

OK, then it's not "HIGHEST TERM GPA EVER". It's "HIGHEST SPRING TERM GPA EVER".

As I have learned over the years here accuracy and precision matter on GopherHole.

Doing well in the classroom. Far cry from the past.

Didn't Mason have one of his guys get shot in downtown Minneapolis (when he should have been on campus studying?) :rolleyes:

Didn't Mason have one of his guys get shot in downtown Minneapolis (when he should have been on campus studying?) :rolleyes:

He was in his dorm sleep. He came down to keep the peace.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090502aaa.html

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092203aaa.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/sep/02/sports/sp-fbcreport2

ESPN Article:

"They had life mapped out. Brandon often talked about returning to Detroit someday and working as a high school counselor. He was a problem solver, the kind of guy who always wanted to make things right when others couldn't or wouldn't.

But that concerned Dorothy, too. She worried about Brandon's eagerness to solve conflicts. She talked to him about it before he returned to school last year
."

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/id/1604891

There's a chance I might be reading this incorrectly (and I really hope I am), but if you're trying to make a joke out of that senseless tragedy, then your post is the single most offensive, inappropriate post I've ever read on Gopherhole. The emoji doesn't excuse it or make it "better."

There's a chance I might be reading this incorrectly (and I really hope I am), but if you're trying to make a joke out of that senseless tragedy, then your post is the single most offensive, inappropriate post I've ever read on Gopherhole. The emoji doesn't excuse it or make it "better."

Yes, you are right, I shouldn't have made light of that tragic situation. If remember correctly, it was a bunch of football players downtown around bar closing that got in to trouble. I think some of them were underage too. (that was more my point - players in places they shouldn't have been)

Yes, you are right, I shouldn't have made light of that tragic situation. If remember correctly, it was a bunch of football players downtown around bar closing that got in to trouble. I think some of them were underage too. (that was more my point - players in places they shouldn't have been)

You blew it on this one. Brandon was trying to get his teammates to leave (by ALL accounts) the players that were down there ran. He tried to reason with the shooter and died. By ALL accounts a good young man that died senselessly. Ben Utecht's dad officiated the public memorial Service. Very powerful service. Not sure there was a dry eye in the place.

I get angry thinking about it. A young guy, that came here with hopes to learn counselling and possibly Law Enforcement with hopes of making a difference in the world, gets gunned down.

T

Thank goodness the culture has changed and PJ's finally has all of HIS players on the roster!

I don't wish to make light of what coach Fleck is trying to do. I do get bothered when it is portrayed like nobody before him tried to instill character. Many fine young men have donned the Maroon and Gold before Coach Fleck took the reigns and will afterward. The late Dr. John Williams is just one of many, many examples.

I could go on and on about this, but I won't. I am happy that the 2018-19 Gophers are getting it done in the classroom!

Cheers!

You blew it on this one. Brandon was trying to get his teammates to leave (by ALL accounts) the players that were down there ran. He tried to reason with the shooter and died. By ALL accounts a good young man that died senselessly. Ben Utecht's dad officiated the public memorial Service. Very powerful service. Not sure there was a dry eye in the place.

I get angry thinking about it. A young guy, that came here with hopes to learn counselling and possibly Law Enforcement with hopes of making a difference in the world, gets gunned down.

T

I'm not sure why somebody getting shot, without any qualifying context like a drug deal gang activity, robbery, etc, would automatically be some indictment on their character. Do all of the people gunned down in Vegas have questionable character and discipline, because they probably should board themselves up and hypobericly isolate themselves from society?

Also, when did this thing start where it should illegal for people to go out and enjoy themselves and enjoy the rewards of their life's work to that point? This is the United States of America. Most of the people that get bent out of shape about a kid going to a party instead of "staying home studying," probably spent Thurs-Sun more drunk than a sailor in port. I know plenty of high-character individuals, who I would trust with my children's lives in their hands, from the military, my work in government, fire department etc, that like to get drunk and smoke a little pot on the weekends....when they're not sacrificing their lives to save the lives and protect the liberties of the cranky old Quakers that like to lecture others on character, but wouldn't cross the street to pee on someone if they were on fire.

I'm not sure why somebody getting shot, without any qualifying context like a drug deal gang activity, robbery, etc, would automatically be some indictment on their character. Do all of the people gunned down in Vegas have questionable character and discipline, because they probably should board themselves up and hypobericly isolate themselves from society?

Also, when did this thing start where it should illegal for people to go out and enjoy themselves and enjoy the rewards of their life's work to that point? This is the United States of America. Most of the people that get bent out of shape about a kid going to a party instead of "staying home studying," probably spent Thurs-Sun more drunk than a sailor in port. I know plenty of high-character individuals, who I would trust with my children's lives in their hands, from the military, my work in government, fire department etc, that like to get drunk and smoke a little pot on the weekends....when they're not sacrificing their lives to save the lives and protect the liberties of the cranky old Quakers that like to lecture others on character, but wouldn't cross the street to pee on someone if they were on fire.

I agree with you. I just thought it was off base to imply that Brandon was out partying, because from all accounts, he wasn't. He was called after the initial incident with a teammate (stolen chain). From all accounts, he came to the aid of teammates.

Doing well in the classroom. Far cry from the past.

Depends on what you consider to be "the past." From all accounts, academics were very lax under Brewster, but Kill turned that around.

From a 2017 Strib article: A turning point came in 2009, when the Gophers football team was penalized three scholarships because its APR score (915) fell below the NCAA minimum of 925 and at least three players who left the program were academically ineligible.Kill led the charge. Hired in December 2010, He recalled recently that 21 players were on academic probation and another four were in danger of being ruled ineligible. Kill cleaned up that crisis through rigid discipline. Players who skirted their academic responsibilities earned early-morning runs. Those who skipped class or showed up late for study hall had to wear shirts to practice that read: "Minnesota Loafers. I let my teammates down.".........
The football team has experienced the most dramatic turnaround after historically ranking near the bottom of the Big Ten in graduation rates. The program has raised its GSR score 30 percentage points in the past 11 years, and the team's latest single-year APR score of 991 ranked in the top 10 nationally.

So the academic turnaround began in 2010 - eight years ago. By all means, Fleck deserves credit for continuing the trend, but it started under Kill.

Depends on what you consider to be "the past." From all accounts, academics were very lax under Brewster, but Kill turned that around.

As usual, you have it wrong. It has been stated in GopherHole dozens of times that Brewster improved the academics of the football team significantly beyond what they were under Mason. They only began to slide after he was fired. The facts are there for you to look up if you are at all interested in truth and accuracy. Almost nothing that gets posted in GopherHole about Brewster is accurate. You are one of the biggest culprits.

Two of Fleck's WMU recruits were arrested for breaking into an apartment and stealing marijuana at gun point from the inhabitants.

Two others were arrested for shoplifting.

Half of the recruits he signed 2013-16 were not on team last fall.

They probably didn't count towards team GPA.

Two of Fleck's WMU recruits were arrested for breaking into an apartment and stealing marijuana at gun point from the inhabitants.

Two others were arrested for shoplifting.

Half of the recruits he signed 2013-16 were not on team last fall.

They probably didn't count towards team GPA.

Maybe they got smart and left WMU like Fleck did. After all you left the WMU message board for the Gophers.

Personaly I think you just have a crush on Gopher fans.

Go outside and play now.

Top Bottom