Gopher Softball 2019

I see that Michigan released their 2019 schedule the other day and I was disappointed (but not surprised) to discover that, once again, the Gophers and Michigan will not meet in the regular season. 4th year in a row I think. At least the third. I know the BIG has this whole east/west scheduling thing, but...

I see that Michigan released their 2019 schedule the other day and I was disappointed (but not surprised) to discover that, once again, the Gophers and Michigan will not meet in the regular season. 4th year in a row I think. At least the third. I know the BIG has this whole east/west scheduling thing, but...
There is a conspiracy theory out there that the Wolverines are trying to avoid playing the Gophers and Carol Hutchins is behind it. Personally, I don't think so.

But I do have to wonder if the league has decided the top two programs in the conference don't need to meet for some reason. It's been quite awhile since the two teams have played each other in the regular season. In any case, it's kinda bizarre.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

National signing day - looking forward to seeing the full list of signees for next year.

Also looking forward to the 2019 schedule. Hope that gets released soon.

National signing day - looking forward to seeing the full list of signees for next year.

Also looking forward to the 2019 schedule. Hope that gets released soon.
Thought the nonconference was out already l. But maybe not? I honestly dont know.

Thought the nonconference was out already l. But maybe not? I honestly dont know.

The 2019 Gopher softball schedule was released recently, but in rather skeletal form. Google: Gophers Softball.

The 2019 Gopher softball schedule was released recently, but in rather skeletal form. Google: Gophers Softball.

I still can only find the fall schedule. I have been able to piece together much of their schedule because so many of their opponents have released theirs. Three games against Texas sure got a lot harder, but great for RPI purposes.

So far I have seen two signees announced on twitter - Olivia Peterson from Indiana, and Sydney Strelow from Wisconsin.

I still can only find the fall schedule. I have been able to piece together much of their schedule because so many of their opponents have released theirs. Three games against Texas sure got a lot harder, but great for RPI purposes.

So far I have seen two signees announced on twitter - Olivia Peterson from Indiana, and Sydney Strelow from Wisconsin.

Not too long ago, Gophers softball released their schedule for 2019. It seemed a bit less than well-detailed, but it listed the playing dates and opponents. Now that I think of it, it was probably sent out only to season ticket holders from last year or families of current players.

Yesterday I read on another site about the 25 highest-rated recruiting classes in the D1 softball. Michigan was praised to high heaven on the listing. Minnesota's recruitment class was not even mentioned. How is that to be interpreted? Is Michigan, plus 24 other programs, way up on MN?

If the Canadian pitcher turns out to be the next Sara G., we'll be just fine!

I am sure those top 25 recruiting classes all had at least 6 signees. Tough to compare when the Gophers only signed 3. Must be a product of having only 4 seniors this year and perhaps wanting to trim the roster a bit. Hard to know for sure.

Is Michigan, plus 24 other programs, way up on MN?[/QUOTE]

Simple answer = yes.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unless there is some kind of extenuating circumstances, this is a bush level move...

I am guessing this dates all the way back to the coaching staff change.

Quite possible. If that's the case, she should've left during the summer. Dragging it out until now is a crappy thing to do.

Searched around, but not able to get a clue on where she might be headed. Oklahoma maybe? Gasso just got news the other day that lefthanded Juarez from ASU is transferring in.
I honestly don't care. Just want her gone ASAP.

My guess would be Oregon. Due to recent transfers, Oregon does not have a true catcher on its roster, and they have all kinds of scholarship money to burn. And by the way, they still have two All-American type pitchers on the roster.

Stanford would be very difficult. I know KL has great grades at the U., but she would need to have had the academic credentials to get accepted into Stanford coming out of high school in order to transfer there now. Not impossible, but from what I understand transfers there are VERY rare.

I am guessing this dates all the way back to the coaching staff change.

Definitely a contributing factor. Allister was universally loved and respected. I see that her recent recruiting class at Stanford was rated 12th best in the country, and Minnesota's was nowhere to be found in the top 50. As for coach Jamie, she clashed with her assistant coach last year and isn't exactly universally loved by the players.

My guess would be Oregon. Due to recent transfers, Oregon does not have a true catcher on its roster, and they have all kinds of scholarship money to burn. And by the way, they still have two All-American type pitchers on the roster.

Stanford would be very difficult. I know KL has great grades at the U., but she would need to have had the academic credentials to get accepted into Stanford coming out of high school in order to transfer there now. Not impossible, but from what I understand transfers there are VERY rare.

Ok, you got Oregon, I'm going to stay with Oklahoma. Probably be some school we never thought about. One would think, PAC 12, SEC, Oklahoma or FSU.

Definitely a contributing factor. Allister was universally loved and respected. I see that her recent recruiting class at Stanford was rated 12th best in the country, and Minnesota's was nowhere to be found in the top 50. As for coach Jamie, she clashed with her assistant coach last year and isn't exactly universally loved by the players.

If there is widespread dissension in the ranks, it'll eventually show in their performance imo, especially with the very challenging schedule Trachsel has put together for the season.

Ok, you got Oregon, I'm going to stay with Oklahoma. Probably be some school we never thought about. One would think, PAC 12, SEC, Oklahoma or FSU.

I think we can safely assume that it will be a national title contender. I mean I don't think she going to transfer from the U and end up at a mid major. :)

Does anyone know how this process works? I assume that now she's a "free agent" and any coach can contact her? Does she get 5 official visits? When does she have to decide? Does she finish the current semester at the U?

This is surreal. Let's hope there is no domino effect.

I think we can safely assume that it will be a national title contender. I mean I don't think she going to transfer from the U and end up at a mid major. :)

Does anyone know how this process works? I assume that now she's a "free agent" and any coach can contact her? Does she get 5 official visits? When does she have to decide? Does she finish the current semester at the U?

This is surreal. Let's hope there is no domino effect.

This new system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days. Once the student-athlete’s name is in the database, other coaches are free to contact that individual.

www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-...er-rule-eliminates-permission-contact-process

Top Bottom