Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    Just a guess: Michigan & Minnesota.
    I like your guess...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Emily Hansen hit HR #16 (in 22 games) in the AAAA State QF today.

1 for 2 with 2 RBI & 2 walks vs Edina.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Alex Velazquez not on the latest roster. Anyone have info?

I would guess transfer...

Blog Entries

Default coaching changes/additions

Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    I would guess transfer...

Any word lately on assistant coaching changes or additions. There was some rumor about an imminent change. Hope this does not involve Piper Ritter as she has a phenomenal record coaching our pitchers. There was some discussion of getting a hitting coach.

Quote Originally Posted by happygophersgolucky View Post
    Any word lately on assistant coaching changes or additions. There was some rumor about an imminent change. Hope this does not involve Piper Ritter as she has a phenomenal record coaching our pitchers. There was some discussion of getting a hitting coach.
    Some of the players will be meeting one of the candidates for the assistant job on Friday. I would assume if they are setting up meetings with the players they have settled on at least their top choices. I doubt that there would be a pitching coach change - the players really like Coach Ritter and she has done a great job finding and developing the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeGuy View Post
    Some of the players will be meeting one of the candidates for the assistant job on Friday. I would assume if they are setting up meetings with the players they have settled on at least their top choices. I doubt that there would be a pitching coach change - the players really like Coach Ritter and she has done a great job finding and developing the talent.
    Agree. Ritter is Minnesota through and through. Losing her would be a huge blow. Trachsel has gone as far as to say Piper IS Minnesota softball.

With all that said, I doubt she leaves (and I hope I'm right on that).

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    Agree. Ritter is Minnesota through and through. Losing her would be a huge blow. Trachsel has gone as far as to say Piper IS Minnesota softball.

With all that said, I doubt she leaves (and I hope I'm right on that).
    I hope MRJ is right on that, too. On a similar note, I read about the outstanding recruits other programs are getting for next fall. Are the Gopher recruits announced so far up to a high national standard? Any info would help....

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    I hope MRJ is right on that, too. On a similar note, I read about the outstanding recruits other programs are getting for next fall. Are the Gopher recruits announced so far up to a high national standard? Any info would help....
    I'm hardly a softball recruiting guru, but I know that Emily Hansen made the USA Today HS All-American softball team for 2018. Also, I believe Josey White was/is a top-100 recruit (I have no idea whether she still is or not, but considering she hit over .800 for her high school season, I'm guessing she's still considered a very good prospect). Other than that, I really don't know much.

Hope this helps, at least a little.

Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    I like the youth movement! I hope she can get the bats back to the level of previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    I like the youth movement! I hope she can get the bats back to the level of previous years.

What was lacking between the head coach in 2018 and the hitting coach? Seen from the bleachers, it seemed there was a sort of frantic attitude between the 2 coaches. One year isn't long for a new coach to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    What was lacking between the head coach in 2018 and the hitting coach? Seen from the bleachers, it seemed there was a sort of frantic attitude between the 2 coaches. One year isn't long for a new coach to stay.
    Just spitballing here, but maybe a difference in personality/approach?

Hope Brandner from Oregon State is transferring to the Gophers! Great news to get another strong bat on the roster!