Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    A typical Minnesota nice approach, making claims in public but lacking the courage to give specifics to back them up.
    Dang it takes COURAGE to post something on Gopherhole. I didn't know that.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

As I was checking around yesterday, trying to find info on where Kendyl might end up at, saw that Gasso is up to around 1 million a year at Oklahoma. Really does have a remarkable record. Never had a season under 40 wins. Been to the world series 12 times. Amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_Gasso

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    As I was checking around yesterday, trying to find info on where Kendyl might end up at, saw that Gasso is up to around 1 million a year at Oklahoma. Really does have a remarkable record. Never had a season under 40 wins. Been to the world series 12 times. Amazing.

It is a very impressive record.

Coyle might have swung and missed on this one. Maybe caught flat footed.

Does Merchant, Piper and a Merchant connection end up with lindaman transferring?

Did he reach out to the top assistant at the top 20 programs in the country to ask if they wanted to be handed a top 20 program for their first head coaching job (in tough environment, not unlike Michigan, with new facilities)?

Seems small time...MN native, nice build at NDSU (Co-Head Coach), Iowa State with improvement in a year (who will never be a national power)....

Such a fun run from the super regional in '14 to #1 ranking in 17 and on.....

The new hitting coach after she fired her first hitting coach AFTER ONE YEAR was a VOLUNTEER COACH at Ole Miss for THREE YEARS! OLE Miss finished 13 out of 14 teams in the SEC in 2018! (Unrelated...Pitino has two D1 former head coaches among his two assistants....Baseball added a current D2 head coach as Dir. of Ops....Whalen added a D3 head coach and former D1 head coach).

Run, run like the wind, Kendyl!!!!!
    Last edited by Treswell; 11-21-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Texas, with the new coach fron Oregon and fresh transfers, has only 1 catcher on the roster and she's not a strong hitter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    Texas, with the new coach fron Oregon and fresh transfers, has only 1 catcher on the roster and she's not a strong hitter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Well, even if a squad has a decent hitting catcher, she is in all probability, an improvement. As an aside, I do like the fact White will now be in the same conference as Four Natty Patty.

edit; Was going to add one more thing, but not really important.
    Last edited by fan of Ray Williams; 11-21-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Well, there's no way the Gophers can replace Lindaman's bat, at least in terms of power and in conference play (Partain and Houlihan carried the team in post season play more than Lindaman if I recall correctly). However, just trying to be optimistic here because it's a big loss, it could potentially open some things up offensively from a speed perspective. It became obvious in the San Diego tournament last year (I think that was the one) that the coaches were struggling to find the right spot in the line-up for Lindaman...she got thrown out on base from lack of speed or simply left on base without scoring, so they had to pinch run for her. Grasping at straws here probably, but we'll see next season!

Blog Entries

Well, even if a squad has a decent hitting catcher, she is in all probability, an improvement. As an aside, I do like the fact White will now be in the same conference as Four Natty Patty.

edit; Was going to add one more thing, but not really important.
    question, fan. Do you mean that Kendyl may be in the same conference as Patty Gasso? I have not heard anything about a "White" migrating teams.Hope there is no report of Josey White doing so. That would really bite.

Quote Originally Posted by happygophersgolucky View Post
    question, fan. Do you mean that Kendyl may be in the same conference as Patty Gasso? I have not heard anything about a "White" migrating teams.Hope there is no report of Josey White doing so. That would really bite.

I think Fan was referring to Mike White, the former Oregon coach that just moved to Texas and brought with his all american pitcher (plus probably more in the coming month).

Blog Entries

I think Fan was referring to Mike White, the former Oregon coach that just moved to Texas and brought with his all american pitcher (plus probably more in the coming month).
    Relief. Thnx.

Isn't there a really good power hitting catcher, younger than Lindaman, that goes to another UofM up north? Possibilities?

I'm curious about how the transfer recruiting rules work.

Isn't there a really good power hitting catcher, younger than Lindaman, that goes to another UofM up north? Possibilities?

I'm curious about how the transfer recruiting rules work.
    I looked her up at UMD, a catcher from Victoria, MN. Impressive stats. Is she better than what the Gophers now have left at catcher?

Good player. My kid played travel ball with her. I think she loves UMD.

In addition, Olivia Peterson,signed this year, and Sarah Kinch, committed for next year are both catchers.

Tori Finucane signed with Maryland to be assistant coach. She was helping Sam Macken coach all summer with Starters program