Gopher Softball 2019

Drake moved to 10, Gophers moved to noon tomorrow

The ideal situation would have been to stay on schedule, as I think the Gophers would have had some momentum after their comeback victory, yesterday. If they advance, they will also now have one less day to rest (particularly Fiser) and prepare for the next round, which I think begins on Thursday. But, we can't control the weather. They just need to overcome, and win.

The ideal situation would have been to stay on schedule, as I think the Gophers would have had some momentum after their comeback victory, yesterday. If they advance, they will also now have one less day to rest (particularly Fiser) and prepare for the next round, which I think begins on Thursday. But, we can't control the weather. They just need to overcome, and win.

At least they were able to get in what they did. From the early reports you wondered if anything was going to get played. Hopefully we can mowed them down in one game.

Disappointing, had to give our tickets away as my wife and I had previous commitments tomorrow. Go get um Gophers. I will follow the best I c@n on the internet.

Disappointing, had to give our tickets away as my wife and I had previous commitments tomorrow. Go get um Gophers. I will follow the best I c@n on the internet.

Is the game(s) relegated to the internet, again? It would be nice if it was on one of the main channels, but I'm not counting on that.

NW makes it to the super region. Hopefully big10 puts 3 in the Supers

Got a half day to drive down there, ideally just for one game

Parking is an absolute disaster with graduations too

Not sure what they can ever do about it in the long run besides tearing down a bunch of homes for parking at some point that would clearly require some funds. I agree it is tough situation to say the least.

Feels really good to knock off an SEC team. And get a shot at another one.

Beautiful day to be at the ballpark. Perfect weather in the sun.

Amber was lights out. Several pundits opined that Georgia, with their potent offense, would put up bunches of run of the Gophs. Not. A neighbor girl, who is now a D1 pitcher, last week informed me that DiCarlo was the best hitter in NCAA softball (believe it) and would light up the Gophs...she was 0-7 vs Fiser. Nuff said on that.

The Gophies and Goph fans are so lucky to have the top of this batting order with the rock star warrior in Partain getting on base, Houlihan to do whatever the situation requires, then two uber talented power hitters in Brandner and DenHartog that come through in the clutch in nationally big moments.

Carlie Brandt catching the deep fly and throwing out the runner stealing 3rd early in the game set the tone defensively. That's one of those potentially crushing moments for a team that's playing from behind.

Not sure if Lindner getting in the hot-box between 2nd and 3rd and allowing Kemetmueller to score was intentional or just quick thinking. That hurt Georgia too.

Can't wait for the LSU series!

Last edited:

well, the Lady Gophers are rolling now... keep it up!

Congrats to Arizona as well, my second favorite D1 team. Jessie Harper was about as hot as a hitter can get. Good luck vs Ole Miss, a sneaky tough team.

Michigan is the one choking today. James Madison is about to beat them twice and go to the supers. Congrats to JMU

Congrats to Arizona as well, my second favorite D1 team. Jessie Harper was about as hot as a hitter can get. Good luck vs Ole Miss, a sneaky tough team.

I am also a U of A fan. While I couldn’t make it to the games here, my nephew was at the Cats games, and will probably be at the Supers (at least that was the plan as if Mother’s Day).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what they can ever do about it in the long run besides tearing down a bunch of homes for parking at some point that would clearly require some funds. I agree it is tough situation to say the least.

Keep building up and convert one of the tailgate lots to a ramp. Bottlenecked on exits to 94 thought

Beautiful day to be at the ballpark. Perfect weather in the sun.

Not sure if Lindner getting in the hot-box between 2nd and 3rd and allowing Kemetmueller to score was intentional or just quick thinking. That hurt Georgia too.

Can't wait for the LSU series!

Weather was perfect. Was it KK10 who scored or Arneson on that hotbox? Didn't look intentional to me. Great to see the ladies hit the ball.

Weather was perfect. Was it KK10 who scored or Arneson on that hotbox? Didn't look intentional to me. Great to see the ladies hit the ball.

My bad. Allie scored on the hotbox. KK10 scored the 2nd run via aggressive baserunning on Miller's single.

Top Bottom