Gopher Softball 2019

Well I hope they start amber again she did great. If they don’t the coaching staff should be fired. I thought it was cowerdly of them not to start the nation recognized pitcher against the FSU team. That was just bush league. If you think you are the best play the best. All the talk for 2 year crying about how we got screwed on hosting. Well step up and play the top team. If they don’t start Amber I think it is really telling what kind of a pitcher they think she is.

They did start Amber again. Go away Cal Troll.

For the life of me, I do not understand Traschel's decision to send Bradner home. Both pitchers appear a little less effective tonight, So we will see which team can get the bats going first.

Fiser got screwed by the ump again.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Fiser got screwed by the ump again.

Terrible call can't miss that one. Would've expected Trachsel to go out and let the ump have an earful. Have to go out and at least get a warning and show your team you have their back.

Terrible call can't miss that one. Would've expected Trachsel to go out and let the ump have an earful. Have to go out and at least get a warning and show your team you have their back.

Couldn't really tell from the TV, but it looked like Trachsel was walking towards the ump and barking about it. Even so, the damage had already been done to Fiser mentally by then.

I'm beginning to think the Gophers should NEVER agree to a true road game in SEC country. If you can't get a fair shake from umpires, what's the point?

Couldn't really tell from the TV, but it looked like Trachsel was walking towards the ump and barking about it. Even so, the damage had already been done to Fiser mentally by then.

I'm beginning to think the Gophers should NEVER agree to a true road game in SEC country. If you can't get a fair shake from umpires, what's the point?
I thought it looked like she just stood by the dugout and said a few words. Honestly most coaches probably get tossed in that situation and it would be well worth it. You could see the look on Fiser's face after the call and then especially after the single to tie it she just looked out of it.

I was just about ready to say the same thing. Why do we agree to go to Alabama and play them? That pitch was straight across the plate almost waist high. That call was nothing but an INSULT to this Gopher team and especially our Ace pitcher, Fiser. Yes it emotionally took the life out of her. I am so over the SEC.

I was just about ready to say the same thing. Why do we agree to go to Alabama and play them? That pitch was straight across the plate almost waist high. That call was nothing but an INSULT to this Gopher team and especially our Ace pitcher, Fiser. Yes it emotionally took the life out of her. I am so over the SEC.

Insult is a good way to describe it. I wish I was able to DVR the game so I could spread a picture of the pitch across social media as an example of Alabama home umpiring (just to make me feel good). I hope that team gets screwed over the same way in Florida or Tennessee.

That's a tough decision that early in the game with the # of substitions limited...but yeah.

Trachsel should have pinch run with Hope on 2nd. With runs that tough against Bama pull out all the stops. But then once Hope was left in the game she should not have been sent home on the short single to LF. Two coaching errors. Then leaving Fiser in after 5 runs scored. Third coaching error.

Last edited:

Any video/gif of the call?
Someone might have it. The pitch was easily over the plate and the ump called a ball for a walk. Even the SEC network announcers said they thought it was a strike.

I truly have no inside information, but after last season I was wondering if Fiser would decide to come back and pitch another season for the Gophers. After the start she is having this season, I am going to start wondering that all over again for the 2020 season. Yes she needs the bats to back her pitching game up, but she also needs a Head Coach to be making better decisions that what she is. These girls have been through a lot with all the coaching changes in the last two years. I really feel for them.

Final after 5. Sucks that it'd be a win if they got through the inning cleanly

I truly have no inside information, but after last season I was wondering if Fiser would decide to come back and pitch another season for the Gophers. After the start she is having this season, I am going to start wondering that all over again for the 2020 season. Yes she needs the bats to back her pitching game up, but she also needs a Head Coach to be making better decisions that what she is. These girls have been through a lot with all the coaching changes in the last two years. I really feel for them.

I didn't see tonight's game but I've watched the other ones. Clearly it's a rigged game against the SEC on it own turf. Still, the real culprit is the Gophers' anemic, to non-existent offense. They should be shamed for putting Fiser in the line of fire to pitch her heart out and then not give her any runs. Fiser's games have been winnable with run support, despite the lousy umpiring. Just as Groenewegen's games were winnable in 2017 with just some crucial hits here and there. The hitters are/were just too passive. The lack of run support is embarrassing.

I didn't see tonight's game but I've watched the other ones. Clearly it's a rigged game against the SEC on it own turf. Still, the real culprit is the Gophers' anemic, to non-existent offense. They should be shamed for putting Fiser in the line of fire to pitch her heart out and then not give her any runs. Fiser's games have been winnable with run support, despite the lousy umpiring. Just as Groenewegen's games were winnable in 2017 with just some crucial hits here and there. The hitters are/were just too passive. The lack of run support is embarrassing.
You must be new to sports like softball or baseball. Every game is winnable with run support

Last edited:

You must be new to sports like softball or baseball. Every game is winnable with run support
Well no. I have seen some HS teams that can score 8-10 and still lose regularly. You need good pitching AND run support! :)

Anyone know if the Gophers get paid for playing at places like Alabama, Texas or Florida in true road games? I can at least understand scheduling at hell hole Alabama if the team gets paid. If not paid, I'd much rather see the Gophers play in good neutral site tournaments like the Mary Nutter, Clearwater (last week), etc.

Last edited:

I beg your pardon! I have played and studied the sport my whole life. What I'm suggesting, since I apparently need to spell things out for you, is that I draw the conclusion that the Gophers (except for Groenewegen in the recent past and Fiser now) aren't talented enough to hold their own against top teams on the national level. Their hitters look helpless against top-ten pitching. I would like nothing more than to see that change, but am not holding my breath.

I knew I wasn't dreaming about the call.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Definitely a strike, but hitting coaches probably shouldn't be sharing videos that could get fines

Freshmen doing great on offense, but going to really need a capable recruit/transfer pitcher for after Amber graduates

I'm encouraged to see the blossoming of freshmen DenHartog and Burns at the plate and showing power. I feel that getting some protection for Brandner and production from the middle/bottom part of the lineup against good teams could be huge.

Then there's Brandner. Hitting a HR every 8 at-bats and RBI every 2 at-bats including including some clutch hitting...amazing. Love her swing and swagger.

As frustrated as I've been in games against top 10 teams on the road (with a day to cool off after the Bama screwing and meltdown)...it seems like this lineup is starting to gel and headed in the right direction.

As frustrated as I've been in games against top 10 teams on the road (with a day to cool off after the Bama screwing and meltdown)...it seems like this lineup is starting to gel and headed in the right direction. [From Panthadad2]

That result you suggest would certainly be a huge plus!!! A question about strength of schedule: If you play tons of strong, ranked teams but lose every single game against them, does that count as a plus? Or are all those losses a washout in the eyes of the NCAA? It would seem you'd need to beat at least a few of those ranked teams.

As frustrated as I've been in games against top 10 teams on the road (with a day to cool off after the Bama screwing and meltdown)...it seems like this lineup is starting to gel and headed in the right direction. [From Panthadad2]

That result you suggest would certainly be a huge plus!!! A question about strength of schedule: If you play tons of strong, ranked teams but lose every single game against them, does that count as a plus? Or are all those losses a washout in the eyes of the NCAA? It would seem you'd need to beat at least a few of those ranked teams.

I'd imagine about a washout. But if they've got a few more left gotta get at least 2 quality wins, otherwise at best they'd be considered the 3rd of the 4 teams in any region without a real chance of making supers.

Top Bottom