Gopher Softball 2019

Am I the only one not understanding the strike zone in this game?[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Arneson with a HUGE clutch hit.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Holy cow! They called it!

edit: Now they're calling it every couple of pitches!

Last edited:

Holy cow! They called it!

They almost had to. Gorsuch's gigantic crow hop makes me wonder who's training that girl. My gosh it's a gigantic leap. Once the umps started calling it, she stopped replanting (the most egregious part that gives the pitcher the most advantage - a la Barnhill) but the leap was still very obvious.

They almost had to. Gorsuch's gigantic crow hop makes me wonder who's training that girl. My gosh it's a gigantic leap. Once the umps started calling it, she stopped replanting (the most egregious part that gives the pitcher the most advantage - a la Barnhill) but the leap was still very obvious.

Agreed. She was obviously off the ground on a few of those. Amazed that Torina or somebody on her staff hasn't tried to work her through that. I think they said she got called on it three times during regionals. Pretty inexcusable at this stage you would think.

Good lord, is this normal for Gorsuch?

I don't recall seeing the Gophers pop up this many balls in a game. LSU must be doing a good job changing speeds.

5-3 final.

Congrats to Amber on win No. 30!

It'll be interesting to see who pitches tomorrow. Amber threw A LOT of pitches today.

Win No. 45 was pretty big! Hoping No. 46 comes tomorrow!

WHAT A GREAT WIN!

LSU with so many good at bats, making Amber Fiser and the Gophers earn everything they got. And earn it the Gophers did :clap:

MADDIE! MADDIE!

How about a victory again tomorrow!

5-3 final.

Congrats to Amber on win No. 30!

It'll be interesting to see who pitches tomorrow. Amber threw A LOT of pitches today.

Win No. 45 was pretty big! Hoping No. 46 comes tomorrow!

I can't imagine Amber pitches tomorrow. You have to hope the offense can win the game and if not Amber on Sunday...

This team has been finding different ways to win and that will have to be the case tomorrow. Has she ever gone back
to back after 140 plus pitches ?

I can't imagine Amber pitches tomorrow. You have to hope the offense can win the game and if not Amber on Sunday...

It's definitely a possibility. But I would also guess Smith is itching to get in there against her former team and with a 1-0 lead in the series, maybe you give her the start, let her pitch at the least the first few and then if you're ahead, let Amber finish it.

Regardless, I'm just thrilled to have a lead in the series.

All hands will be on deck for LSU tomorrow, but I'm not sure how good their pitching really is. Based on what I've read online, Tigers fans were counting on Sunseri to carry them through the weekend and Gophers hit her pretty darn well today.

In any case, win No. 45 was pretty darn special!

It's definitely a possibility. But I would also guess Smith is itching to get in there against her former team and with a 1-0 lead in the series, maybe you give her the start, let her pitch at the least the first few and then if you're ahead, let Amber finish it.

Regardless, I'm just thrilled to have a lead in the series.

All hands will be on deck for LSU tomorrow, but I'm not sure how good their pitching really is. Based on what I've read online, Tigers fans were counting on Sunseri to carry them through the weekend and Gophers hit her pretty darn well today.

In any case, win No. 45 was pretty darn special!

If we had to sneak out a 12-10 win tomorrow, I'd be just fine with that. But I think if we had lost, we'd have to pitch Amber again. But we won, so I think we'll take our chances on Smith...

Really impressed with LSU's batters. Very patient. Very good off at fouling off pitches. Their #9 batter must have coaxed 30+ pitches out of Amber.

Amber on a down day is better than LSU's staff (a.k.a. crow hopper central) which surprises me. I hope the Gophers can keep it up offensively with timely hits.

I hope Syd is healthy. Hannah Bailey was warming up when Amber was having a very long inning mid-game.

The Gophies are on the cusp of proving the NCAA committee correct this year. After experiencing the excitement this team has generated at home this year, the debacle that was the NCAA's screwing of the 2017 Goph team is looming large. That team should have been a super regional team. It also leaves me a little jaded with Allister for scheduling such a weak non-conference slate that year.

Maddie, Maddie, Maddie!

In Allisters defense with the schedule. You didn’t know you wer3 going to be that good. That was an amazing freshman class that really did well. Partain, Fiser, Lindeman and others.

In Allisters defense with the schedule. You didn’t know you wer3 going to be that good. That was an amazing freshman class that really did well. Partain, Fiser, Lindeman and others.
Tend to agree. I don't think she realized how good the overall talent was in 2017. With that said, the NCAA (in their ham-handed statement), did say the team didn't have enough quality wins due to their schedule. But, it's all water under the bridge now.

Tend to agree. I don't think she realized how good the overall talent was in 2017. With that said, the NCAA (in their ham-handed statement), did say the team didn't have enough quality wins due to their schedule. But, it's all water under the bridge now.

Just remember, a team who goes 1-30 against top-rated competition is clearly better than a team who goes 6-2. :rolleyes: No, we should never, ever, let that one down, it was a total travesty; and to get beat on the road to an SEC team by horrible, biased umping of all things just made it that much worse. None of those players or coaches deserved any of that. /end rant

But back to 2019 - man that was a fun game today, though the LSU hitters were scary in that they simply would not go down, and there were no easy outs. Good thing some of the bats were game today (especially Houlihan), because Fiser was clearly over-amped and missing on pitches that she normally seems to make. If Amber can settle down next time out, that would certainly help the Gophers' chances at beating a clearly offensively-talented LSU team.

Last edited:

Just remember, a team who goes 1-30 against top-rated competition is clearly better than a team who goes 6-2. :rolleyes: No, we should never, ever, let that one down, it was a total travesty; and to get beat on the road to an SEC team by horrible, biased umping of all things just made it that much worse. None of those players or coaches deserved any of that. /end rant

But back to 2019 - man that was a fun game today, though the LSU hitters were scary in that they simply would not go down, and there were no easy outs. Good thing some of the bats were game today (especially Houlihan), because Fiser was clearly over-amped and missing on pitches that she normally seems to make. If Amber can settle down next time out, that would certainly help the Gophers' chances at beating a clearly offensively-talented LSU team.

I left earlier to watch my beloved Cats, but so glad to hear they started calling the hops! I wasn't worried about the Lady Gophs, they're doing great!

I was watching Ole Miss/Cats game earlier and was watching hops again by the Ole Miss pitcher, only later to learn 13 were called on her against Georgia a cpl weeks ago!

Hmmm....

Well, the best should prevail regardless, but let's take this one game at a time! Congrats on game 1!

Is this on tv? I have charter and not seeing anything.

Amber gets the start. Based on social media commentary throughout the day, I'm not surprised.

If these first three innings are any indication, the ladies might not score today. Befuddled to the point they can barely make contact, much less any useful contact. Ugly start.

Top Bottom