Gopher Softball 2019

Maybe some "wide eyes" on the big stage. I mean this is the real deal and the first time here for everyone including the coaches. You know you are in the WCWS when you play Washington in the "losers" bracket. UCLA is the real deal and ranked #2 for a reason. We need to play our A game for seven innings in all facets of the game at this point in the season. Saturday is a new day.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Washington in the losers bracket...lol!

Florida State won it all last year from the losers bracket. They mostly rode one pitcher, but they got a 1 run performance from their #2 in the second game Saturday against top seeded Oregon, and then they scored 12 runs in the second game Sunday to give their #2 and #3 pitchers some breathing room.

If the Gophers can send Washington home, that would be a nice way to spend their first WCWS.

Florida also in losers bracket so won't be able to knock them out. Had $40 us as a longshot and $50 Florida expecting a run rule so ouch. On the bright side if we beat Washington should get OK state

Samantha Show 2 hr and a gorgeous tomahawk bat flip, plus Replanter got pissy about it in post-game interview

Need Oklahoma and Arizona wins today to really have any chance of making it to Monday

I was not really surprised the Gophers did not play their best yesterday. Considering everything I thought they hung in there pretty good.

But I am extremely curious how they come back and perform tomorrow. The Gophers had a big fish on the line after the super regionals and if they can win against Washington that would really set that damn hook on the season and make it a HUGE success. Beating Washington is a tall order but I do think the Gophs have a fair shot at pulling it off.

For Wash:
Gabbie Plain 1.14 ERA, .73 WHIP, 23-2 W-L, 172.2 IP, 89 hits, 33 R, 28 ER, 37 BB, 229 SO, 10HR, .146 BA vs
Amber Fiser 1.23 ERA, .89 WHIP, 31-8 W-L, 256 IP, 156 hits, 61 R, 45 ER, 71 BB, 345 SO, 9 HR, .171 BA

GO GOPHERS :cool:

Taylor barely legal each pitch with her right foot on the pitching lane

Big brain fart from AZ catcher to probably end the game. Why would you pick ball up from the plate and not just keep your glove low for a tag

You know what really makes me sad. After 12:30 game today, there will only be one SEC team left. And by the end of the day, the greatest conference in the milky way might be shut out of the softball world series. How could such a thing happen?

Hard to see any of the 6 teams being able to beat OK or UCLA twice tomorrow

If the Gophs can extend their season by a few more games, Arneson might be leading off by the time it's all over :eek:

GO GOPHERS :clap:

If the Gophs can extend their season by a few more games, Arneson might be leading off by the time it's all over :eek:

GO GOPHERS :clap:

I'd support that.

Allie
Makenna
Hope
Natalie
Maddie
Katie
Emma
Carlie
Ali

Logan did pretty well for OSU yesterday as junk ball pitcher, could be a better strategy to use Carlie as the #2 pitcher and then sub in Chell at flex to take LF

Error walk and wild pitch, can't beat ourselves like that

Mistake after mistake after mistake. They've already put themselves behind the 8-ball.

Amber missing spots? She's been off this week. At Epcot so just tracking from Twitter but if it gets ugly then don't even need to find a bar

Amber missing spots? She's been off this week. At Epcot so just tracking from Twitter but if it gets ugly then don't even need to find a bar
Umpire strike zone the size of a pea. WA batters being patient so far. Gopher batters were too aggressive 1st inning.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I thought we lost the umpire after giving up a home run and an error to the 2nd and 3rd batters.

I thought we lost the umpire after giving up a home run and an error to the 2nd and 3rd batters.

Yep, he's decided to squeeze the zone on Amber. Plain is getting corner calls, Amber is not.

But when you come out and perform as poorly as they did in the first, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Brander looking absolutely helpless and lost against Plain today. Ive never seen her take such aimless/poor quality swings before. She's swinging about 4-5 inches under the ball every time.

Brander looking absolutely helpless and lost against Plain today. Ive never seen her take such aimless/poor quality swings before. She's swinging about 4-5 inches under the ball every time.

And Partain's had two "at-bats" where she didn't really have at-bats. Two straight swings at pitches that were clearly outside resulting in weak come-backers. Not a good showing.

Top Bottom