Gopher Softball 2019

On the recent 9 game road trip, Fiser pitched 38 innings, Smith pitched 21.1, and Bailey pitched .2. Anyone have any inside info regarding the status of Lowary, Bailey, and Brandt?

Please don’t question my intellectual honesty because I won’t provide all the facts. To cover myself I will provide limited information like they do on a NFL weekly roster update. That way everyone can make their own conclusions on when they will pitch next.

Lowary - Doubtful
Brandt - Questionable
Bailey - Coach’s decision

Set your fantasy lineups as you see fit. ��

Please don’t question my intellectual honesty because I won’t provide all the facts. To cover myself I will provide limited information like they do on a NFL weekly roster update. That way everyone can make their own conclusions on when they will pitch next.

Lowary - Doubtful
Brandt - Questionable

That made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Jensen might be questionable
Burns would probably be a coach's decision

Just glanced at the Gopher's defensive stats. Burns has had only 3 stolen bases against her in 21 games. That's freakingly ridiculous. Team's don't even attempt to steal on her.

Edit add: As a comparison, Dejah Mulipola (the best catcher in NCAA) allowed 7 in 31 games which is still incredible.

Last edited:

Lowary - Doubtful
Brandt - Questionable

I like that. Are they injured?

Just glanced at the Gopher's defensive stats. Burns has had only 3 stolen bases against her in 21 games. That's freakingly ridiculous. Team's don't even attempt to steal on her.

Edit add: As a comparison, Dejah Mulipola (the best catcher in NCAA) allowed 7 in 31 games which is still incredible.

She's been very very impressive behind the plate. Big time arm and very accurate for the most part. Like you, I've also noticed that teams don't even bother trying to steal on her.

Miller hasn't been bad either, so it seems the Gophers have to very dependable backstops this season.

And yet Burns did not play at all during the recent 9 game road trip. Miller caught 8 of those games and White caught the other.

She's been very very impressive behind the plate. Big time arm and very accurate for the most part. Like you, I've also noticed that teams don't even bother trying to steal on her.

Miller hasn't been bad either, so it seems the Gophers have to very dependable backstops this season.

I’m looking forward to seeing The 3B and SS continue their stellar defense on the left side.

Good point. Miller has been very solid defensively and pulling her batting average up to .300 with more playing time definitely helps get some juice from the back half of the order too. Trending in the right direction.

I’m looking forward to seeing The 3B and SS continue their stellar defense on the left side.

Agreed. I am hoping that with more plate appearances we can get some more offensive production out of the left side but for now I am very happy with the defense on that side.

Once the lineup gets posted we will have a better idea of who is healthy. Quite a few girls are dinged up.

Nice win today against Purdue. 4 hits is a little bit concerning. I hope the ladies hit the ball better this weekend.

Lowary - Doubtful
Brandt - Questionable

I have your back...

Nice win today against Purdue. 4 hits is a little bit concerning. I hope the ladies hit the ball better this weekend.

Purdue walked 8 Gopher batters. There was almost no need to hit against Purdue's starting pitcher Moody. The Gophs did have a tough time with the next pitcher Damon's offspeed stuff the last 3 innings.

Purdue walked 8 Gopher batters. There was almost no need to hit against Purdue's starting pitcher Moody. The Gophs did have a tough time with the next pitcher Damon's offspeed stuff the last 3 innings.

My thoughts exactly. Didn't need as many hits to score yesterday because the Boilermakers were very generous with the walks.

My general thoughts on yesterday's opener:

Fiser is so good, I can say she didn't quite have her top game and still only allowed 1 run on 3 hits (with 2 walks, 2 HPB). She's a joy to watch. Obviously one of the best Gophers ever.

Partain is a rock star at the plate right now. She's so in tune that everythings looks smooth and easy. Perfectly placed drag bunt. Taking pitches out of the zone. 3 for 3 on base. Taking extra bases (even though she got caught on Houlihan's line-drive blast to right-center that magically fell out of the sky for an out).

The Gophers physically make Purdue look like a community college team. I don't mean this to be condescending. The difference is real.

Impressed with Purdue's scrappiness and attitude. The dugout stayed very loud the whole game. About half the Purdue batters seriously crowd the plate with toes literally in the chalk and leaning over the plate to get hit. I guess if you don't think you can get a hit off of Fiser, then try to get hit-by-pitch. Jamie complained, but only one batter got called back after getting hit.

Everyone not named Partain struggled with Purdue's relief pitcher Damon (granted, Houlihan hit a blast that looked like a for-sure double or HR that got caught). Damon seemed to be throwing a different speed than they're used to and mixed it up nicely.

Very solid defensively. Kemetmueller and Arneson are playing at a high level defensively. Houlihan had a couple nice ranging catches in right.

Weather was decent for March. Comfortable when the sun was out. Chilly when not.

The sight lines from the general admission seats suck donkey butt. Double handrails perfectly obstruct the batters box. Anyone standing at the top of the side lower chair-back aisles obstructs the plate. I've always sat in the lower chair-back sections in the past but procastinated too long this year in getting season tickets. I won't make that mistake again.

Hopefully today gets moved to a dh tomorrow. Are there still GA seats scattered or is it all season tickets now?

Hopefully today gets moved to a dh tomorrow. Are there still GA seats scattered or is it all season tickets now?

Not sure how many single-game tickets they leave open if that's your question.The box office told me all season tickets are sold out including general admission season tickets.

Wind of 18mph predicted at 1PM. At 35° or 36° that is a Bummer!

Gopher Sports.com now listing the start time at 2pm. ANYBODY HEAR ANYTHING OFFICIAL ON TIME CHANGE.

Web site just changed to game rescheduled to doubleheader for Sunday.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom