Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 1,456 to 1,462 of 1462

Garcia threw 179 pitches-10 inning shutout for UCLA vs WASH
    And she hit a 3 run walk off homer in the 10th

Pretty good day's work for the kid-congratulations.

In her public statements, Houlihan is not shying away from giving credit to the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Congratulations for the season. We all wanted more, but this team accomplished a lot. Next year we get Ellie back, some bench player will make great strides and the incoming freshman class could have some good ones. Biggest question mark will be the #2 pitching spot. Will there be a transfer on the horizon or will Carly, Hanna or Rachel step up. Maybe the Canadian. Anyway, as a season ticket holder thank you for something special.
    More lineup depth would help. I think a couple of great transfers will be a definite need unless the freshmen are of national caliber. Another strong power hitter and a front-line strikeout pitcher to line up beside Fiser. The Gophers need to win the BIG regular season; there's no sense of Michigan sneaking in every year playing a weak East schedule. We all want the Gophers to keep getting better and better every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    More lineup depth would help. I think a couple of great transfers will be a definite need unless the freshmen are of national caliber. Another strong power hitter and a front-line strikeout pitcher to line up beside Fiser. The Gophers need to win the BIG regular season; there's no sense of Michigan sneaking in every year playing a weak East schedule. We all want the Gophers to keep getting better and better every year.
    I'm hoping West schools are stumping hard for one of 1) division champs...seing how softball is essentially using the football scheduling methodology now, 2) schedule methodology change having the prior year good teams play each other, or 3) championship trophy and AQ going to the tourney winner.

Another season in the books... I was very happy to see the Lady Gophs host and win the Supers, then make the trip to OKC, FINALLY! You'll now likely be expected to win most every game, & even when you face a "better" team, it won't be a shock when you win them, nor will those teams be reluctant to schedule games with you! Not only that, recruiting will be easier for you too!

Ucla did the Pac12 proud. I don't have any hard feelings for the Bruins as they didn't cause the Cats to lose their two games in OKC, perhaps a little help from the HP umpires on a few balls in those loses which lead to walks & ultimately runs, but that can probably be said about any game. AZ played Ucla 4 times this year, they split those 2-2, but the last one AZ lost hurt.

As far as a Pac12 Softball Conference Tourney, AZ, and I believe Ucla and UW as well, are not in favor of one. While conference tourneys have positive sides, there are negative sides to them as well. Having a "lesser" team earn the AQ is not a good thing imho because that can likely (more easily) cause a lower seeding for the regionals/supers which can spell doom for a team that is clearly going anyway. That's the belief of Coach Candrea anyway. Lesser teams want it for a chance to "have an incredible weekend" and get to go, but the better teams don't need them.

Looking forward to next season!

Since the PAC-12 plays a balanced schedule, a tournament doesn't make much sense. For a conference like the BIG10, a tournament makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    Since the PAC-12 plays a balanced schedule, a tournament doesn't make much sense. For a conference like the BIG10, a tournament makes more sense.
    Concur. If we played everyone our conference championship would be enough.