Gopher Softball 2019

So just so you all know I have a humorous side about all this, I screamed at the tv as Hope hit it "I NEVER DOUBTED YOU".

We came up big with it all on the line. They deserve the warm dinner and night off. That alone way increases our chances tomorrow/Monday. Georgia has to play again and it is going to be cold...
Agreed and love the side note! Obviously thrilled they came through! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Hoping for rain to cut off game 5 but might be fine, only way we don't move on is losing game 7 by Monday and really just time for one tomorrow night

Drake have a good #2? Need Newman fresh vs Georgia

While NDSU and Drake are good teams, they would likely be the path of least resistance. I understand the goal is to advance to the next round, but another victory over Georgia would probably be more valuable in terms of confidence for this Gopher squad. Hopefully, they are ready for whomever they face.

I got so caught up on Brandner's walk-off I forgot to give a shout out to the Gophs quiet rock star Partain (she's so damn good) for getting the tieing hit and Lindner and Chell for getting on base before that. Clutch.

Whew what an ending! Brandner is a stud. The team chased way too many bad pitches today (esp. up and in fastballs), while letting some very good ones go through (esp. looking strike 3's). In the end, they had enough heart to pull it out.

One of Georgia's top hitters Lacey Fincher looking like she's done for the series after getting her arm bent back while making a tag at 1st. Big blow for the Dawgs.

Last edited:

One of Georgia's top hitters Lacey Fincher looking like she's done for the series after getting her arm bent back while making a tag at 1st. Big blow for the Dawgs.

Which is why winning today was so important. It's raining, cold and miserable. And things like that happen. That was just after she could have hurt herself the inning before sliding on the wet batters box circle...

As of now, the forecast for 3PM:
41°
N 17 mph
and only a 40% chance of showers-which apparently for us qualifies as 'gorgeous' :confused:

As of now, the forecast for 3PM:
41°
N 17 mph
and only a 40% chance of showers-which apparently for us qualifies as 'gorgeous' :confused:

Still need at least a half hour of good weather to finish Georgia Drake

Monday looked like it wasn't much rain last time I looked. I assume if not today, they can get the rest in tomorrow.

Cold and wet is good for us. Except for Makenna Partain who looked like she was contracting pneumonia yesterday...

They're going to start a game a 9PM? Seems like they should move it to Monday instead, but I guess it's better for us if they do.

Monday people have to work and it’s kind of late for most to make arrangement to get off. Hope they get it in. We really need to come out and take charge in the first inning. Let’s go Kenna

Wisconsin just ended Oklahoma's 41-game win streak. The Big Ten still has 4 teams that have a shot at advancing to the super regionals.

Monday people have to work and it’s kind of late for most to make arrangement to get off. Hope they get it in. We really need to come out and take charge in the first inning. Let’s go Kenna

I'll be there, cold and damp be damned! Dressing for the occasion and ready to cheer. A couple hours less sleep? That's OK. Better than vegging out watching Sunday night TV! Games of Thrones is easily DVRd.

Edit ** Just saw literally 3 minutes ago that the games tonight are suspended.

Top Bottom