Gopher Softball 2019

MADDIE! MADDIE! MADDIE! MADDIE!

So what's the plan, start Sydney and go as long as they can with her, and then have Fiser finish it off?

I dont see that at all. I think Fiser was pulled so that she would have time to rest before starting the second game.

MADDIE! MADDIE! MADDIE! MADDIE!

So what's the plan, start Sydney and go as long as they can with her, and then have Fiser finish it off?

I dont see that at all. I think Fiser was pulled so that she would have time to rest before starting the second game.

Let's place our bets! I'm guessing Syd starts with Amber in relief if needed.

Partial atonement for Burns on that double play, but why didn't she throw the ball for the triple play :confused:

Partial atonement for Burns on that double play, but why didn't she throw the ball for the triple play :confused:

I was wondering the same. Was there no one covering 3rd at that moment maybe?

Two batters reached on dropped third strike? WTH? You don't see that often in college fastpitch.

bases loaded, nobody out, #3 batter up......and she comes thru

2nd and 3rd, nobody out, #4 batter up....and we go to the Penn State baseball game :eek:

aah we're back just in time for the go ahead run on the squeeze.

Coming through in a KEY moment of the game, way to go Gophs:clap:

Last edited:

Burns with a squeeze bunt to score Maddie.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

bases loaded, nobody out, #3 batter up......and she comes thru

2nd and 3rd, nobody out, #4 batter up....and we go to the Penn State baseball game :eek:

aah we're back just in time for the go ahead run on the squeeze.

Coming through in a KEY moment of the game, way to go Gophs:clap:

I scared the dog yelling at the screen when the network flipped the switch to the wrong game.

Looking at the weather forecast for this weekend. Rain and maybe snow Sat-Sun. Man, the weather gods just don't want us MN Gopher fans to enjoy our live softball! Maybe a doubleheader Friday? On the bright side (slightly), the weekdays have been great for HS softball games.

Have to think the computers (aka...RPI) are going to like those two wins.

Pretty stellar performance from the ladies on all fronts, with the possible exception of the two errors in game two. Even then, one of the errors was committed when the game was thoroughly in-hand.

Natalie DenHartog today = :D:eek::clap::cheer:

I guess we'll have to wait and see on the weather this weekend. Hopefully they can get at least two games in. Michigan firmly in the driver's seat all things considered. Must be rough not having to play the ladies or Northwestern. :banghead:

Last edited:

Have to think the computers (aka...RPI) are going to like those two wins.

Pretty stellar performance from the ladies on all fronts, with the possible exception of the two errors in game two. Even then, one of the errors was committed when the game was thoroughly in-hand.

Natalie DenHartog today = :D:eek::clap::cheer:

I guess we'll have to wait and see on the weather this weekend. Hopefully they can get at least two games in. Michigan firmly in the driver's seat all things considered. Must be rough not having to play the ladies or Northwestern. :banghead:

Yeah. I was actually pretty worried about this series for some reason. Gophs on the road against a fired up WI team; short turnaround; no room for error in the standings. Then to start, they seemed to be executing a little raggedy. But then the big bats came into play...and that's all she wrote. Nice sweep.

Yeah. I was actually pretty worried about this series for some reason. Gophs on the road against a fired up WI team; short turnaround; no room for error in the standings. Then to start, they seemed to be executing a little raggedy. But then the big bats came into play...and that's all she wrote. Nice sweep.

I agree, very nice sweep! Couldn't take those games for granted!

The forecast I see has 59° and sunny for Friday, 50° and 0% chance of rain on Sunday.
But miserable Saturday- 45°, 90% chance of rain, 13mph wind

Hopefully they can get all three games in and don't have any crazy hiccups vs the Hawkeyes :cool:

I didn't think we had much of a chance to sweep Wisconsin in Madison. I thought a split was very likely because I assumed Fiser would only pitch one game. I also thought Hestekin or Menz would pitch one great game against us. In fact, I thought a Badger sweep was much more likely than a MN sweep. A great day for the program. Truly outstanding.

Anyone have any inside info regarding the NDSU games?

Hey FloSoftball, heads up I've got a message for you....lol :cool:

https://gophersports.com/images/2019/4/25/DH_Iowa.jpg?width=1440&quality=80&format=jpg

Due to the weekend forecast, the University of Minnesota has adjusted this weekend's softball schedule. The Gophers will now play Iowa in a doubleheader on Friday starting at 4 p.m.

As of now, Saturday is still scheduled for a 1 p.m. first pitch but fans are encouraged to stay up-to-date on any schedule adjustments by following us on Twitter.

With the current schedule Sunday's ticket will be honored Friday, Saturday or at a future game depending on availability. Call the ticket office ahead of time at 612-624-8080 to exchange the ticket.

OK. Games with NDSU are now officially cancelled. Bummer.

Maybe the best softball instructional video ever.

[URL="[/URL]

The story behind the great videos:

http://www.startribune.com/meet-cor...tes-viral-video-softball-sensation/509068982/
Cori Kennedy was almost not famous.

Kennedy, a Minnesota State softball player whose “instructional” videos have made her a Twitter star with millions of views, made the first one in December as a joke to send to her five siblings.

“They were unimpressed,” she said. “They thought it was just, ‘Cori doing Cori things.’”

She forgot about it for a while, then added it to an Instagram story a couple weeks ago. A graduate assistant with MSU softball saw it, thought it was hilarious and told her she needed to put it on Twitter.
The Twitter-world agreed it was hilarious almost immediately after she posted it on April 10.

“I posted it and let my phone charge. I was watching a movie with teammates and roommates, and checked my notifications and saw it had 45,000 views,” Kennedy said. “I went to bed and woke up and it had like 600,000 views.”

“After I made the first video, I had players coming up to me saying ‘You’re the Twitter girl! We love your stuff,’” Kennedy said. “And in Sioux Falls (Wednesday), one girl got in the box and in the middle of the at bat she says, ‘I’m a huge fan, by the way.’”

Kennedy, a mass media major, has a summer job lined up doing commentary for National Pro Fastpitch – the professional women’s softball league in the United States.

Until then, Minnesota State has more softball left. The regular season ends this weekend, and the Mavericks are hoping to embark on another playoff run.

As for videos? It’s hard to duplicate viral success, but Kennedy has already done it once. Her second video, a spoof on slap hitting, has her running through various points on campus.

Great sweep at Wisconsin. No room for error against Iowa and then they need to sweep NU. Tough to do. Looking forward to watching them this weekend. I am sort of resigned to the fact that Michigan will get the regular season title barring a miracle, but I will take another tournament title.

Great sweep at Wisconsin. No room for error against Iowa and then they need to sweep NU. Tough to do. Looking forward to watching them this weekend. I am sort of resigned to the fact that Michigan will get the regular season title barring a miracle, but I will take another tournament title.

You're likely right about the Michigan scenario. Maybe it shows the general weakness of BIG ten softball --- three top teams followed by a lot of others that have no prayer of winning a weekend series from the top teams. More parity might help, but who am I to say...... One hopeful note is that the Gophers seem to be getting better at the end of the season. Hopefully 'seem' turns out to be reality..... Jessica Hart of BTN described the Gophers as "insanely talented." Quite a note of praise. Hope she knows.

You're likely right about the Michigan scenario. Maybe it shows the general weakness of BIG ten softball --- three top teams followed by a lot of others that have no prayer of winning a weekend series from the top teams. More parity might help, but who am I to say...... One hopeful note is that the Gophers seem to be getting better at the end of the season. Hopefully 'seem' turns out to be reality..... Jessica Hart of BTN described the Gophers as "insanely talented." Quite a note of praise. Hope she knows.

Michigan's schedule seems to have given them the inside track to both the regular season and tournament seeding if Michigan wins out against the remaining bottom feeders and the Gophs were to take the Northwestern series. If Northwestern were to take the MN series (hell no) with one loss and end up tied with Michigan in the standings, then I think the tie breaker goes 1) head to head (none) 2) record vs common BG10 opponents (same) 3) then RPI. NW has the higher RPI over Michigan so that would put them on top.

Those were the baseball tournament tie breakers last year. I couldn't find softball at the moment.

Are they reading the wrong forecast? It should be Saturday that is canceled not Sunday

Are they reading the wrong forecast? It should be Saturday that is canceled not Sunday

I think they are biding their time, moving Sunday to today. Keeping Saturday on the schedule in case they can play, but expecting they will have to move it to Sunday. Hence their note: "As of now, Saturday is still scheduled for a 1 p.m. first pitch but fans are encouraged to stay up-to-date on any schedule adjustments by following us on Twitter".

Erika back doing color today! And already in the first inning she is doing a good job ;)

Watched both ends of the doubleheader today. As expected, the ladies pretty much romped Iowa.

Hope homered in both games, Natalie hit another dinger in game one and Makenna walked off the Hawkeyes in game two.

Both Amber and Syd looked really good in the circle as well.

Also, as expected, tomorrow's game has been moved to Sunday. Seems Tucker was right about them biding their time until making the schedule change official.

Watched both ends of the doubleheader today. As expected, the ladies pretty much romped Iowa.

Hope homered in both games, Natalie hit another dinger in game one and Makenna walked off the Hawkeyes in game two.

Both Amber and Syd looked really good in the circle as well.

Also, as expected, tomorrow's game has been moved to Sunday. Seems Tucker was right about them biding their time until making the schedule change official.

Good day of softball. Dang these girls can hit average pitching. Good thing. We can't lose against teams like Iowa. Finish the sweep and then take the Wildcats. Defense was solid tonight. I like Kemmetmueller at 3B. She had the error on a hard ground ball but then snagged a smoking liner over her head. She made a really nice play on a slapping bunt by one of the Iowa slappers to throw her out at first. Clutch hits for Brandt and Arneson. Emma Burns will be really good.

Last edited:

Emma Burns is going to be a very good player for us. Her defense today was stellar. Had a homer in today and is looking like she is comfortable behind the plate. Some very nice freshman in this class. I hope next years freshman class will have some pleasant surprises.

Emma Burns is going to be a very good player for us. Her defense today was stellar. Had a homer in today and is looking like she is comfortable behind the plate. Some very nice freshman in this class. I hope next years freshman class will have some pleasant surprises.

Nailng that runner stealing with a pin point accurate throw from the crouch in the fifth inning.....woah baby :cool:

Northwestern is still undefeated in the Big Ten. Everyone will be wanting a sweep.

I wonder if two out of three shouldn't be considered a success going in?

Top Bottom