QB Recruiting

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder what the overall transfer numbers are for QB's at the FBS level.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Supposedly Tua has said he would have transferred too if he didn't play in the National Championship game.

They must not be bedazzling stars after all. That is just one more reason to go to a team that is already loaded. You ask every five star kid, and they probably all think they'll get the starting nod.

Not.

Or they are going to schools that recruited 4 and 5 stars in front and behind them and they lost the competition. This is probably best for them. They aren’t going to transfer up to Alabama. Might as well take a swing at it and then get to a program with more needs and a chance to start.

Or they are going to schools that recruited 4 and 5 stars in front and behind them and they lost the competition. This is probably best for them. They aren’t going to transfer up to Alabama. Might as well take a swing at it and then get to a program with more needs and a chance to start.

+1 nailed it
playing time

Yup.

Hunter Johnson is from Indiana and is reportedly looking at Purdue and Northwestern (so we’ve got that to look forward to)...Shea Patterson of course transferred to Michigan...Eason to Washington and the great Chris Petersen (may be natty contenders this year)...Kyler Murray went to Oklahoma (incidentally I believe he preceded Green as (co) QB at his high school in TX)...Blake Barnett will be at his third school USF following stints at AL and AZ St.

Yup, it's logical, makes sense.

Guys like Saban will bitch about loyalty.... while loyalty only costs 11.25 million a year....

Yup, it's logical, makes sense.

Guys like Saban will bitch about loyalty.... while loyalty only costs 11.25 million a year....
Prices might go up, if one of the results of legalized sports books is to have college athletes get paid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Prices might go up, if one of the results of legalized sports books is to have college athletes get paid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The only thing I see spurring the NCAA into paying athletes is when the NBA and NFL inevitably start allowing kids to enter the draft right out of high school, along with the overseas leagues becoming more viable financially for players.

When they have 50% of the top 100 recruits, consisting of 20 of the top 25 recruits (just throwing numbers out) skipping college, which is a total joke anyway--see UNC, they'll be forced to pay up.

Until then we'll continue to hear all of the asinine slavery comparisons weekly.

Yeah. You are correct especially as of late. I thought this was interesting because he just took in the Ole Miss Transfer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. You are correct especially as of late. I thought this was interesting because he just took in the Ole Miss Transfer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it interesting that our friends South of us -according to the Des Moines Register only have three scholarship QB available. Wow!! I guess the sky isn’t falling.

Just don't understand how NDSU has gotten 3 straight QB's and (possibly a 4th with Trey Lance of Marshall 2019) and Gophers can't get 1 good QB on the field.

I was at wisconsin game at camp randall 2 years ago for the Mitch Leidner meltdown and just walked away shaking my head.

Can the Eden Prairie kid play?

Just don't understand how NDSU has gotten 3 straight QB's and (possibly a 4th with Trey Lance of Marshall 2019) and Gophers can't get 1 good QB on the field.

I was at wisconsin game at camp randall 2 years ago for the Mitch Leidner meltdown and just walked away shaking my head.

Can the Eden Prairie kid play?

1. The kill regime sucked at qb development.
2. We thought the same thing about 2 yrs ago.
3. No one else recruited Easton stick or wentz.
4. Trey lance is a qb? I thought he was moved to db no matter where he played (maybe mn wanted him at db)
5. Kramer is a steady player. The Texas kid is likely the best qb prospect MN has ever brought in. Plus, Morgan and annexstad have already shown more competence at qb than anyone in years.

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Wentz has Mac offer. Easton Agreed
4. Trey Lance 6 4 200 will be QB
5. oh shoot... I forgot about the Texas kid... he does look greasy!!

Best of luck to your Fighting Sioux this year. Show Indiana State who owns the Missouri Valley. Take that Larry Bird

1. The kill regime sucked at qb development.
2. We thought the same thing about 2 yrs ago.
3. No one else recruited Easton stick or wentz.
4. Trey lance is a qb? I thought he was moved to db no matter where he played (maybe mn wanted him at db)
5. Kramer is a steady player. The Texas kid is likely the best qb prospect MN has ever brought in. Plus, Morgan and annexstad have already shown more competence at qb than anyone in years.

1) Minnesota clearly hasnt see its mission as being player development program for QBs; Needs to change in a hurry.
2) Minnesota hasn’t had a consistent offensive identity since Mason; jury is still out on PJs identity after year zero; Needs to change in a hurry because you can’t recruit well if you don’t have a identity. What does he want in aQB?
3) NDSU recruits to a pro style-power running offense and has a former nfl QB developing QBs to a specific system. It will be 3 straight with a pro opportunity when Stick leaves; developing QBs is just as important as recruiting them.
4) Don’t be surprised if Lance develops too, as he was targeted to a specific system.

I think QBs are seeing the value of going to a college like SDSU as a grad transfer, or to a Wyoming or a NDSU after seeing the successes of the likes of Wentz, Allen, and to a certain extend Streveler.

MN was nowhere in a position that is attractive to a QB aspiring to get noticed at the next level.

The Gophers are trying to change all that. On paper, we haven't seen the group of QBs we'll have on the roster in ages. Morgan, Annestad, Kramer, Jacob - we'll be just fine. I just hope and pray that Fleck, Ciarrocca, and Simon stocking up on quality QBs & WRs (appears to be, but won't know until they start playing).

Patience is truly a virtue.

The Gophers did not offer Trey Lance. Who knows why? I can only speculate. He may not be high on the Gophers evaluation list for quarterback. The thing is, going to NDSU is most likely a good fit for him.

Randy Hedberg is as good a QB coach you can get - https://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1239&path=football

NDSU has developed a stable and fundamentally sound system dating back to the Craig Bohl era and continues under Chris Klieman. Klieman's record is phenomenal. He went 54-6 since taking over Bohl in 2014. http://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1234

We can say all we want about Bison Football. You cannot ignore that they are a success story nationally. They draw a majority of their players from Minnesota, but also from other neighboring states. That is good for the MN kids who will never get a shot at the only D1 Football school in the state.

So, if you are a low 3-Star or a 2-Star player you'd consider the Dakota schools if you want to play D1 Football. AND if you aspire to have a shot at the pros as a QB, NDSU is a very attractive landing spot.

The Gophers did not offer Trey Lance. Who knows why? I can only speculate. He may not be high on the Gophers evaluation list for quarterback. The thing is, going to NDSU is most likely a good fit for him.

Randy Hedberg is as good a QB coach you can get - https://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1239&path=football

NDSU has developed a stable and fundamentally sound system dating back to the Craig Bohl era and continues under Chris Klieman. Klieman's record is phenomenal. He went 54-6 since taking over Bohl in 2014. http://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1234

We can say all we want about Bison Football. You cannot ignore that they are a success story nationally. They draw a majority of their players from Minnesota, but also from other neighboring states. That is good for the MN kids who will never get a shot at the only D1 Football school in the state.

So, if you are a low 3-Star or a 2-Star player you'd consider the Dakota schools if you want to play D1 Football. AND if you aspire to have a shot at the pros as a QB, NDSU is a very attractive landing spot.

This is fine and all, but we can't afford to play down to below our competition. Other than figuring out how to retain Minnesota players that could play in the BigTen, I see little value here. We need to forge our own identity. An identity that will be successful in the BigTen.

No slight to NDSU, but we are not in each others conferences. Beating NDSU is NOT our goal. Respect them, but I want us to focus on success within the BigTen.

We are on the doorstep. My hope is that this staff will be able to help the team kick the door down!

This is fine and all, but we can't afford to play down to below our competition. Other than figuring out how to retain Minnesota players that could play in the BigTen, I see little value here. We need to forge our own identity. An identity that will be successful in the BigTen.

No slight to NDSU, but we are not in each others conferences. Beating NDSU is NOT our goal. Respect them, but I want us to focus on success within the BigTen.

We are on the doorstep. My hope is that this staff will be able to help the team kick the door down!

I just wish I knew why NDSU fans come here? Do Gopher fans go to the NDSU boards?

I have hard time respecting NDSU due to trolls and level of delusion.

1) Minnesota clearly hasnt see its mission as being player development program for QBs; Needs to change in a hurry.
2) Minnesota hasn’t had a consistent offensive identity since Mason; jury is still out on PJs identity after year zero; Needs to change in a hurry because you can’t recruit well if you don’t have a identity. What does he want in aQB?
3) NDSU recruits to a pro style-power running offense and has a former nfl QB developing QBs to a specific system. It will be 3 straight with a pro opportunity when Stick leaves; developing QBs is just as important as recruiting them.
4) Don’t be surprised if Lance develops too, as he was targeted to a specific system.

Are you including CFL as pro? Easton Stick won't sniff the NFL

Are you including CFL as pro? Easton Stick won't sniff the NFL

Stick is getting some buzz as an NFL caliber guy. With the success of Wentz, I would bet that Stick gets drafted.

Top Bottom