JJ Watt, I forgive you for going to Wisconsin

Watt does a lot for the community, much more than I have or ever will. I just wish he did it a bit more quietly. There are a lot of athletes doing great things out there, not everyone needs to tweet about it and make sure it's a story. I understand the nuance to that criticism and would withhold judgement if it happened occassionally. It SEEMS every time JJ does something, we all know about it.

You are a very observant person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't at all like what you refer to as "hollow thoughts and prayer comments." He is offering tangible relief for a real cost that these families will be incurring as a result of the tragedy. Of course they would rather have their kids back, but it's not like he just said "I'll be thinking of you."

I probably came down a little hard on JJ, there are a lot of mixed emotions on the subject. It just struck me as strange that someone would say they would pay for the funeral costs. And on top of it, everyone was praising what a great guy he was for do that. I just took it like “don’t worry, I will pay for the funeral”, instead of “let me help you by paying for the funeral”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom