Will you be attending a road game in 2018?

I too have never traveled and been rewarded with Gopher vicotry

Iowa-X2
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Citrus Bowl

I'm not sure if I'm going to make a road game this year or not. We're planning to go to Europe in the spring, and our company's vacation is on a fiscal year so next spring is the same as this fall, so I've got to hoard my vacation. I've been to one road game nearly every year since 2000. I'm wouldn't mind sneaking over to IL or NE, but I've been to both (seen wins at both!) so not a lot of incentive. I'd like to get to the Horseshoe, but I just don't see how that could happen.

I've been to 2 Music City Bowls (W vs. Alabama, L vs. Virginia), THE Insight Bowl (L vs Texas Tech), Citrus Bowl (L vs Missouri), Wisconsin (0-4 :mad:), Iowa (L), Northwestern (W), Penn State 2003 (W), Indiana (L), Illinois (W), Nebraska (W), Maryland (W), USC (L), UNLV (W), TCU (L), Oregon State (W). Which puts me at 8-11 if I counted right. Not bad considering the Gophers' road record over that stretch and some of the other folks' records... :)

If I can swing it in 2019, I'd like to do both Rutgers and Fresno. If I have to choose it's going to be tough.

We are now under 100 days until the beginning of the CFB season. As excitement starts to build, do any of you have plans to attend a Gopher road game this season? Or any CFB game NOT at TCF Bank Stadium?

Here’s my road trip history (only 24 years old):

Fall 2012: Mizzou, Tennessee
Fall 2015: Iowa (Gopher Loss)
Fall 2016: Wisconsin (Gopher Loss), Nebraska (Gopher Loss)
Fall 2017: Iowa, Northwestern (Both Gopher losses)
Fall 2018 plans: @ THE Ohio State University

Can’t wait. RTB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic. I'm jealous. I'm 36 and have never been to a Gopher road game.

Will be making the trip out west to Nebraska, went to Iowa last year.

Ohio State and Nebraska in back-to-back weekends. Going to be tough but Columbus will complete my third tour around every Big Ten stadium (sans Rutgers/Maryland) and I can't pass up Lincoln.

You are a road trip champion.

Wisconsin 6x (92, 98, 00, 02, 04, 14), Iowa 5x (99, 01, 03, 07, 15), OSU 2x (00, 02), NW 3x (99, 01, also NW vs. Iowa 12), Michigan (01), MSU (02), Indiana (00), Purdue (00), PSU (03), Nebraska (12), Illinois (01), Maryland (16) all 1x....

Only Rutgers left....I have a ways to go for more complete tours though. I highly recommend Maryland if you get the chance. Spent a few days in DC before hand, took in Capitals vs. Islanders home opener same night as Gophers-Terps game in 16 for a sports double dip. It's an ok environment, but nothing super crazy. Similar to NW in that you're doing it for DC/Chicago, although I say better environment around Maryland. NW quaintness adds to that though....

As for 2018: Have room reserved in Lincoln, but not for sure going as of yet.....

Wisconsin 6x (92, 98, 00, 02, 04, 14), Iowa 5x (99, 01, 03, 07, 15), OSU 2x (00, 02), NW 3x (99, 01, also NW vs. Iowa 12), Michigan (01), MSU (02), Indiana (00), Purdue (00), PSU (03), Nebraska (12), Illinois (01), Maryland (16) all 1x....

Only Rutgers left....I have a ways to go for more complete tours though. I highly recommend Maryland if you get the chance. Spent a few days in DC before hand, took in Capitals vs. Islanders home opener same night as Gophers-Terps game in 16 for a sports double dip. It's an ok environment, but nothing super crazy. Similar to NW in that you're doing it for DC/Chicago, although I say better environment around Maryland. NW quaintness adds to that though....

As for 2018: Have room reserved in Lincoln, but not for sure going as of yet.....

I've known for awhile that Jike is the road trip champ, but you've got a pretty impressive list as well.

For me:

Wisconsin 0-6: (00, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16)
Iowa 0-5: (05, 09, 12, 15, 17)
Northwestern 1-3: (07, 09, 11, 17)
Nebraska 0-2: (12, 16)
Purdue 1-0: (08)
Michigan State 1-0: (06)
Michigan 1-0: (05)

UNLV 1-0: (12)
Colorado State 1-0: (15)

Music City Bowl 0-1: (05)
Citrus Bowl 0-1: (14)

I have been digging around ticket websites and would like to get to Nebraska to get closer to my goal of visiting all BIG 10 stadiums. I'd like to avoid those row 90 seats i the end zones though, even though prices are not bad.

Allegedly the Marching Band will in Lincoln and since the Band has not been on a road trip since Northwestern or Iowa? in the early Mason era I'd like to see that. Maybe they will be in a parade down the UNL version of University Avenue before the game (don't ask what that means-).

Maryland is tempting as well for me since a DC trip is always nice, and I have yet to see a game at Purdue which is a failure on my part, as easy as it is to get there. Northwestern and Purdue are two very easy road trips, and for some reason I have not made either.

Maryland
Nebraska
I am officially 0-9 on road games..hoping by doubling up I can break my my own personal misery streak

Been to Nebraska (early in the Kill era) and Wisconsin (the Leidner debacle). Both losses for me. Going to go to a game with my brother this year. Thinking Wisco, MD, OSU, or Nebraska to kick off our big ten stadium tour

Nebraska, maybe Ohio State, and the bowl game if we make it.

Never been to an away game but the Gophers are 2-0 outside of TCF Bank Stadium at games I'm at.

I wasn't really all that impressed by College Park, but we also did the DC thing for a couple of days (got to see my Dodgers beat the Nats in that classic NLDS Game 5 with Kershaw coming out of the bullpen in the ninth), and I visited Gettysburg the day after seeing the Gophers win so as a whole, the trip was great.

I'm 21-34 all-time at Gopher road games and 3-6 at bowl games, so nothing to write home about, but obviously if it was all about winning I'd have given up Gopher sports long ago. We have a bit of crossover in the games we've attended, and I especially noticed you were at every conference road game in 2001 - did you make it to the season opener in Toledo? I assumed all this time my traveling group of three were the only people (excluding players' parents) who were at every game that year. Either way, kudos to you.

I wasn't really all that impressed by College Park, but we also did the DC thing for a couple of days (got to see my Dodgers beat the Nats in that classic NLDS Game 5 with Kershaw coming out of the bullpen in the ninth), and I visited Gettysburg the day after seeing the Gophers win so as a whole, the trip was great.

I'm 21-34 all-time at Gopher road games and 3-6 at bowl games, so nothing to write home about, but obviously if it was all about winning I'd have given up Gopher sports long ago. We have a bit of crossover in the games we've attended, and I especially noticed you were at every conference road game in 2001 - did you make it to the season opener in Toledo? I assumed all this time my traveling group of three were the only people (excluding players' parents) who were at every game that year. Either way, kudos to you.

Amen Brotha! You said it all right there. That's why we are all hunkered down here in GopherHole sharing our joys and sorrows day in and day out. I love Gopher sports and going to games, but I also love that it keeps me connected to the campus and other aspects of our great university.

For the first time in several years this year is doubtful.

did you make it to the season opener in Toledo? I assumed all this time my traveling group of three were the only people (excluding players' parents) who were at every game that year. Either way, kudos to you.

I did hit the opener in Toledo & watched Chester Taylor & his other backmate run all around the Gophers. Having saw everyone that year, I still contend that Toledo could have finished at least top-3 in the Big Ten that year, although that was a pretty weak Big Ten year; year Illinois got throttled by LSU in the Sugar Bowl & Michigan got hammered by Tennessee in Citrus. Terrible Big Ten bowl year that year, although the conference made up for it in 2002.

I also remember thinking about hitting up Game 5 of the Dodgers-Nats, but decided to stay in. Still happy with that decision because if I remember correctly, that game didn't end until about 1AM eastern time.

Just the right time that year; out of college, single at the time, really no commitments or responsibilities so it was easy to either take a Friday off & drive to the road venue or just leave Friday after work. The Chicago area tolls were $0.40 at that time, so my buddy would count up 40 pennies from the big jar we'd bring and the auto tolls accepted them.

My record for Gopher wins isn't that impressive either, but seeing the Gophers in person win in the Horseshoe is at least something I have over the vast majority of Gopher fans.... HA

My wife and I live in Las Vegas. We already have tickets for the home opener at TCF against NM St., so I guess you can consider it a road game for us.

I went to Nebraska 2 years ago and it was by far my favorite experience for a road game. I am planning to go again this year and hopefully hit one more, possibly Illinois.

Top Bottom