Will you be attending a road game in 2018?

Gopher Gildy

Reaction score
We are now under 100 days until the beginning of the CFB season. As excitement starts to build, do any of you have plans to attend a Gopher road game this season? Or any CFB game NOT at TCF Bank Stadium?

Here’s my road trip history (only 24 years old):

Fall 2012: Mizzou, Tennessee
Fall 2015: Iowa (Gopher Loss)
Fall 2016: Wisconsin (Gopher Loss), Nebraska (Gopher Loss)
Fall 2017: Iowa, Northwestern (Both Gopher losses)
Fall 2018 plans: @ THE Ohio State University

Can’t wait. RTB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning Lincoln trip. Been to every MN/WI game at Camp Randall since 1992 except for 2016. NW once. Citrus Bowl. Oregon State last year.

Moving out west so this will be my first season without season tickets in 5 years. I'm seeing UND play against University of Washington in Seattle (excited to root against the fighting hawks). Then headed to Madison for the gopher badger game and maybe getting tickets for Iowa at home too.

Nebraska and one more to be determined.

Maryland and Illinois. Good excuse to head back to DC

Being in Indy, I always do Illinois, Purdue, and NW when the Gophers are there. So definitely Illinois again this year. Champaign is decent, but man is that stadium a dump.

Maryland this year.

After the Gophers play at Rutgers next year, I will have gotten to all the Big 10 stadiums.

Based upon our current level of non-eliteness, I can't even justify buying tickets for home games let alone away games. But...perhaps there are cheaper tickets at away sites...

Do you need a guaranteed win to go to games? There would be a lot of empty stadiums if all fans were like. That

We are now under 100 days until the beginning of the CFB season. As excitement starts to build, do any of you have plans to attend a Gopher road game this season? Or any CFB game NOT at TCF Bank Stadium?

Here’s my road trip history (only 24 years old):

Fall 2012: Mizzou, Tennessee
Fall 2015: Iowa (Gopher Loss)
Fall 2016: Wisconsin (Gopher Loss), Nebraska (Gopher Loss)
Fall 2017: Iowa, Northwestern (Both Gopher losses)
Fall 2018 plans: @ THE Ohio State University

Can’t wait. RTB!

I will not be attending any away games this year. However, I'm 47 and you and I have a lot in common. I've never seen the Gophs win on the road either. 4 losses at Iowa, 2 losses in Madison, 1 at Penn State, and 1 at the Liberty Bowl (Tennessee). That's a 0-13 record and not one repeat game. Ugh!

Sadly, I think you're streak continues.

Going to be in Madison when the streak ends.

Going to be in Madison when the streak ends.

When will that be? Cannot imagine it being anytime soon, as PJ’s RTB excitement not enough to beat Chryst’s boring competence.

When will that be? Cannot imagine it being anytime soon, as PJ’s RTB excitement not enough to beat Chryst’s boring competence.

He’s a Gopher fan, relax.

Do you need a guaranteed win to go to games? There would be a lot of empty stadiums if all fans were like. That
No, I need to justify the cost-benefit. With PJ telling me we'll suck until 2020, the analysis comes back with: The cost is currently greater than the benefit.

I'll be @Nebraska. Good to have a friend with season tickets there. It would also be fun to rub another win in his face.

He’s a Gopher fan, relax.

:) No need to relax. Just hope to see that win sometime... wish I had confidence the current coach had a chance of getting us past them. Hope he exceeds what I expect from him.

:) No need to relax. Just hope to see that win sometime... wish I had confidence the current coach had a chance of getting us past them. Hope he exceeds what I expect from him.

Wish I had confidence our fan base would not bring baggage from previous coaching relationships to their assessments of PJ so that when he does get us over that hump he’ll be able to return that loyalty by staying and keeping us in the top 15 teams for years to come.

Illinois...with an extra night for a Chicago visit! GO GOPHERS!

My job makes it very difficult to attend any Gopher games, home or away, because I generally work every Saturday.

In the good old days, I attended a few games at Wisconsin (not against the Gophers) because I lived closer to Madison than the Twin Cities. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first college FB game I ever attended in person was a Badger-Indiana game in Madison. It was an incentive from my paperboy days.

But, I have not attended any games at any other B1G stadiums.

Illinois...with an extra night for a Chicago visit! GO GOPHERS!

Exactly, that is why this is a good road trip. Evanston is the best for me but the weather there last fall was awful.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohio State and Nebraska in back-to-back weekends. Going to be tough but Columbus will complete my third tour around every Big Ten stadium (sans Rutgers/Maryland) and I can't pass up Lincoln.

Wish I had confidence our fan base would not bring baggage from previous coaching relationships to their assessments of PJ so that when he does get us over that hump he’ll be able to return that loyalty by staying and keeping us in the top 15 teams for years to come.
Clearly you're a newbie to this rodeo circuit...

I would like to go to Ohio St. I think Illinois is a mortal lock this year. A reasonable drive and probably not too hard on the pocketbook.

Guaranteed going to Madison (career record 0-6: 00, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16)

Likely going to Lincoln (career record 0-2: 12, 16)

Hopefully going to Champaign (never been!)

Top Bottom