Busier than ever since taking Gophers job, Lynx guard Lindsay Whalen feels rejuvenate

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

It’s a little past 7:30 a.m. on a nondescript morning in the middle of May, and a tired Lindsay Whalen is about to start another double shift.

She takes a few minutes to scarf down breakfast at home before rushing to her office at the University of Minnesota. The newly hired head coach of the women’s basketball program spends the next couple of hours chatting with her coaching staff, finishing up some administrative work and planning the rest of the week.

Then it’s off Mayo Clinic Square, a 15-minute drive giving Whalen a brief, but much-needed, mental reprieve. As the longtime starting point guard for the Lynx, she must switch gears for an hour-long practice in preparation for Sunday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Sparks.

Not long after practice wraps up, Whalen takes about 10 minutes to chat with the Pioneer Press, plopping down on a cushioned chair to get some extra rest before continuing with the rest of her day.

“There’s no NBA game tonight, so that’ll be good for me,” Whalen said with a laugh. “I’ll be able to get to bed early. Then I’ll get up tomorrow and do it all over again.”

Such is life for Whalen, 36, since she was hired by her alma mater to succeed Marlene Stollings, who left for the same position at Texas Tech.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/18/lindsay-whalen-juggles-playing-for-lynx-with-coaching-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom