Nassar victims to reportedly receive $500 million in settlements from Michigan St

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Detroit Free Press:

Michigan State University has settled hundreds of lawsuits filed against it by the survivors of MSU doctor Larry Nassar's sexual assaults.

The settlement will cost the school $500 million. The school will pay $425 million now and hold $75 million in reserve in case other Nassar victims come forward.

MSU will now work on how it will pay the settlement, MSU spokeswoman Emily Guerrant told the Free Press.

Survivor attorney Jamie White said this is a chance for the women to begin to move forward.

“I don’t think they can ever be made whole, but this is a step in the right direction,” he said.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...ichigan-state-larry-nassar-victims/615077002/

Go Gophers!!

I wonder how much the explosives to level the place and start over would cost?

If all the scandals at MSU only cost them money and some administrators, that is a remarkable “save,” the kind that would never happen here. Specifically, I can’t believe Izzo and Dantonio have survived in this climate, given each of them had their own issues surface. If they were at mn the media and general public would’ve forced them out a long time ago.

Honestly this situation reminds me of Penn State ... pay some penalties, say sorry, and the big money programs are allowed to keep chugging along. Makes me sick.

If all the scandals at MSU only cost them money and some administrators, that is a remarkable “save,” the kind that would never happen here. Specifically, I can’t believe Izzo and Dantonio have survived in this climate, given each of them had their own issues surface. If they were at mn the media and general public would’ve forced them out a long time ago.

Honestly this situation reminds me of Penn State ... pay some penalties, say sorry, and the big money programs are allowed to keep chugging along. Makes me sick.

Yep. I honestly thought they'd both, or at least Izzo, would be gone by now. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom