Ten swing games in 2018 for Big Ten football (#3. Minnesota at Maryland)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Hallman:

#3. Minnesota at Maryland

Talk about two teams that need to get off on the right foot in conference play. The Gophers regressed from 9-4 to 5-7 in the transition from Tracy Claeys to PJ Fleck. Of course, that is a part of the rebuilding process, but Minnesota would certainly like to be back in a bowl game after it fell short last year. Both Minnesota and Maryland went 2-7 in conference play, which meant last place in the eastern division for the Terps. With a much, much brighter outlook at quarterback, Maryland seeks a rebound in D.J. Durkin’s third season. It was a one-score road win for the Terps last year with Ty Johnson and DJ Moore as the stars of the show.

https://247sports.com/ContentGaller...8-for-Big-Ten-football-118243255/#118243255_3

Go Gophers!!

I feel like we've got another swing game with Fresno before that game.

I place a heavier emphasis on conference games than non-conference, but Fresno ain't a team to sneeze at. We need every possible win this year. It will boost team support and most of all recruiting. Need that upward trend now. Beating Alabama again in a bowl would be tremendous. :)

I place a heavier emphasis on conference games than non-conference, but Fresno ain't a team to sneeze at. We need every possible win this year. It will boost team support and most of all recruiting. Need that upward trend now. Beating Alabama again in a bowl would be tremendous. :)

Quoting the article:

Whether you call it a "swing game" a "must-win" or something completely different, there are matchups that set the course for a season or simply mean more than just another game.

With that in mind, I wouldn't call Fresno St. a "swing game". I can see that game going the wrong way and yet the Gophers end up with a decent year. Maryland seems like if they drop that they end up in a world of hurt in the B1G.

Top Bottom