UW-Milwaukee Grad Transfer Brock Stull Commits!!

Yeah, it's absolutely possible. Carr/Pitino have to file a waiver to the NCAA for eligibility due to his previous coach being fired. It's similar to the medical hardship/redshirt process. The NCAA also has to change that bi-law, which was one of several under discussion.

I have no idea on a timetable, but I would guess it would be resolved by the fall when school starts. Carr would want to know by then if he's eligible to play. He can still practice with the team, but he's no different than a standard transfer for now until told otherwise.

I can't recall any waiver ever for a fired coach. My bet is he is eligible if they change the rule, not because they make an exception to the existing rule. If that happens, a pretty big group of players would all get declared eligible at the same time. I would say Carr's chances of immediate eligibility are probably below 2%.:)

I can't recall any waiver ever for a fired coach. My bet is he is eligible if they change the rule, not because they make an exception to the existing rule. If that happens, a pretty big group of players would all get declared eligible at the same time. I would say Carr's chances of immediate eligibility are probably below 2%.:)

+19

Maybe we can find him an ill family member somewhere in MN he wants to be closer to?

Ranking the Top 30 Graduate Transfers

#26 Brock Stull, G Minnesota

Stull will be the sixth man on an undervalued Minnesota squad. The Gophers struggled last season, but have added multiple standouts and have gotten two players back from injury (Amir Coffey and Eric Curry). Stull adds three-point shooting, experience, and is a strong secondary creator who should play both guard positions. If sophomore Isaiah Washington struggles to make the transition to a full-time lead guard, Stull could see an even bigger role.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/06/07/ncaa-basketball-ranking-top-30-graduate-transfers/2/

Reid Travis is #1, Matt Mooney is #3, and Evan Boudreaux (Purdue), Keyshawn Woods (Ohio State), and Ryan Taylor (Northwestern) are all in the top 10.

Top Bottom