Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by thatjanelpick View Post
    A loss for MI: Raoul reports Deja Church is transferring.
    Transfer portal https://wbbblog.com/2018/10/28/women...mpression=true lists no destination yet.

No basis for any rumors but might be nice if she was Minnesota-bound. After all, she did play in high school with the Bellos and she was co-nominee for Miss Michigan Basketball with Pitts and her original commit was to Minnesota (before switching to Michigan). Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by tripledouble View Post
    Barnes has lost some key players to transfer. I recall that Kysre Gondrezick transferred to West Virginia after a very successful freshman campaign.
    She’s pretty flighty. Left WVU too.

Deja Church is headed to DePaul.

https://www.timessentinel.com/sports...95af2b863.html

Michigan adds Maddie Nolan to its incoming class. Nolan reopened her recruitment after Megan Duffy left Miami of Ohio.
    The Zionsville standout had signed with Miami (Ohio) in the fall, but after a coaching change in mid-April, decided to ask for her release and reopen her recruitment.

She announced Sunday afternoon on Twitter that she is now heading to the University of Michigan to play for the Big Ten's Wolverines.

"After they had the coaching change at Miami and coach (Megan) Duffy left, I talked with my parents and my coaches (Zionsville coaches Andy Maguire and Keith Hollins and AAU coach Tony Marlin) and decided to reassess things," Nolan said. "I kept Miami in the loop, but I wanted to see what was out there. I had a great visit at Michigan and it just fit."

Nolan took visits to Miami to meet with the new coaching staff, to Michigan and to Marquette (where Duffy is now the head coach) last week.

Michigan had recruited her some before she committed to Miami originally, and she said everything went great on her visit

"I really loved the campus, and I got to meet with a lot of the current girls on the team and they were so awesome and welcoming," Nolan said. "It is a great academic school, and there are going to be amazing opportunities after I graduate with them helping with job placement and connections. I always dreamed of playing in a "Power-5" school, and this is an opportunity for me to so."

Nolan will join a couple of former rivals who just finished their freshmen years at Michigan in Carmel's Amy Dilk and Noblesville's Emily Kiser.

Nolan said she is excited to play with both of those players.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/5/20/w...gan-staff.aspx

Michigan adds Toyelle Wilson to the coaching staff.

University of Michigan women's basketball head coach Kim Barnes Arico announced the addition of Toyelle Wilson as the recruiting coordinator/assistant coach on Monday (May 20). Wilson spent the last six seasons as an assistant coach at Baylor and was the head coach at Prairie View A&M for three years.

On the recruiting trail, Wilson helped Baylor recruit top-10 recruiting classes every year, including last season's No. 1 recruiting class in the country.

Prior to joining the Baylor staff, she led Prairie View A&M to three straight SWAC Tournament championships and NCAA Tournament appearances. She compiled a 55-43 record in her three seasons as the program's head coach. Prior to accepting the head coach position, Wilson was the Panthers' top assistant for four years, and spent three seasons as an assistant coach at Robert Morris University.

Wilson was one of 30 coaches across the nation that participated in the Center for Coaching Excellence (CCE) by the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA). The CCE is an elite program for select basketball coaches and is designed to provide college women's basketball coaches with the professional skills and personal ethics training necessary to be exceptional leaders. Wilson is also a member of the WBCA.

A native of Voorhees, New Jersey, Wilson earned a bachelor's degree in business management from Manhattan College in 2003 and was a four-year letterwinner for the women's basketball team. She was a team captain and earned Defensive Player of the Year honors while leading the Jaspers to an NCAA Tournament berth and a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference championship in 2003.