Shooter: Look for Rickey Foggie to join Dan O'Brien's staff as QB coach at St. Thomas

per Shooter:

Lou Holtz coached quarterback Rickey Foggie with the Gophers during the 1984-85 seasons. Foggie will use that experience, he said, when he coaches quarterbacks at St. Thomas Academy for a first time this fall.

“One of the things I drew from coach Holtz was to always play the game mentally in your mind so once you get into the game, you won’t be surprised by anything,” Foggie, 51, said. “My approach is to be mentally and physically ready to go. For me, it’s being the smartest guy on the field.”

Foggie starred for Holtz as a passer and runner before Holtz bolted for Notre Dame after two seasons. Foggie said he had no intention to follow Holtz to South Bend, Ind.

“I wasn’t leaving my teammates — there wouldn’t have been a chance,” he said.

Foggie accepted the St. Thomas Academy job after receiving a call from new head coach Dan O’Brien.

Foggie, by the way, also offers outside one-on-one personal quarterback training and can be contacted via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/...boost-gophers-baseball-players-pro-prospects/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom