Notorius B1G Podcast May 10 2018 - Things looking up in the Twin Cities

hungan1

Reaction score
I thought this was worth sharing. I only transcribed the Gophers' portion.

Allen and Steve talked about Gopher commits Jason Bargy, Keonte Schad, JJ Guedet, and Cole Kramer.

Notorious B1G Podcast: Gophers, Hawkeyes, Huskers add commits
By Allen Trieu (and Steve Wilfong) May 10, 3:01 PM

Podcast transcript - read at your own peril.

AT: "The newest B1G commit is a significant one. MN picks up a commitment from Jason Bargy, a 4 Star DE from Momence, IL. He's ranked 190th in 247 Sports Composite. We ranked him higher in 247 SPorts, a top 100 guy.

Great athlete. Played tailback FR year. Runs track. Runs an 11 (seconds) 400 meter. And he's grown off season from 235 to 255 lbs. A huge pick up for PJ Fleck. He's one of the highest rated kid since Carter Coughlin.

With him and D'Vion Harris - You wonder when these two guys committed, how these guys fit together, after Bargy gained weight they'll complement each other well."

SW: "What a good Defensive Line Class for the Gophers. MN is sitting at 25th in 247 Sports Composite Team Recruiting Ranking. That is good for 5th Place in the B1G at this point in the recruiting cycle.

There are some intriguing guys in this class, and the strength no doubt is in the Defensive Line. You talked about Bargy. You talked about D'Vion Harris out of St. Louis Luther North. You can never have too many athletic guys at the point of attack that could get after the QB. That is pretty much a cliche.

But in addition to those two, MN has a pair of JC DT committed. Keonte Schad, 6'4" 275 lbs. He is currently ranked the No. 1 JC DT in the country in 247 Sports Composite Ranking.

The Gophers No. 1 DT Keonte Schad, that will change as more guys get ranked. But what MN is getting there is a young man that's added weight and will bring quickness at the point of attack.

And they have a massive 2-Gap type in Chris Daniels who was a 4-Star recruit that originally signed with Texas that will come to MN via way of Copiah-Lincoln, the JC power.

So, I really like this defensive line class, and then you compound it by the fact that they went out and got Tyler Nubin the 6'2" 183-lb smooth corner out of St. Charles North.

And this defense that MN is putting together in this class combined with what they landed last cycle - they are on an uptick from a talent standpoint."

AT: "Yeah, Chris Daniels is actually a kid that was originally when he was a FR he was at Mona Shores (HS) in Muskegon (MI). So, I had a chance to see him. He was a power lifting champion at that point, and I am sure he's gotten stronger since then. So they are gonna add a guy, two guys who I think will help them right away.

Schad was a kid from WI, so I've had a chance to get familiar with him a little bit even before he committed to the Gophers.

So a good class for PJ Fleck and company. I think there is no question now that he is an outstanding recruiter to get a guy like Jason Bargy in this class. And now, there is some questions as to how many of these offers at this point are committable and how hard were some of these schools are going after them. But there is no question that some of them were. He (Bargy) picked up a WI offer, and Iowa State and some other schools were still pushing for him.

So, a big get for MN there in Jason Bargy. And it just furthers what they've been able to do in a short time there in the Twin Cities."

SW: "We got to see a couple other MN commits over the weekend the Opening Regional in Massilon OH. (Skipped the description of Massilon HS football facility)...

We got a chance to see Cole Kramer, MN's QB commit from Eden Prairie throw the ball and thought he was solid.

We saw a 6'7" 281-lb OT in JJ Guedet take a lot of reps against future P5 players. Guys he's going to play against in the B1G. And for the most part still held his own and has a lot of upside in that frame."

AT: "Yeah, I thought Cole threw the ball well consistently. You'd expect that after the stats the kid put up last year, and what we saw of him on film. But, his testing results were outstanding. He ran in the 4.6's. His other testing results were really strong, and he's added some weight to I think 180 lbs at that camp. I know I think there will be two QBs in the class, but don't sleep on Cole.

I thought we liked Max Duggan a lot at that camp. He was our Alpha for the event. But, I think right after that there were a couple of QBs next in the mix. Cole was certainly one of those guys.

Things are certainly looking up in the Twin Cities!"

I skipped the rest of the podcast.

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Article/Notorious-B1G-Podcast-Gophers-Hawkeyes-Huskers-add-commits-118134332

Thanks for sharing. Nice to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the transcript.

Good to hear Cole looked competent amongst the QBs. Hopefully he can make the jump into the Big Ten and help us in a few years. It's a shame we missed out on Duggan but no use crying over it. I was hoping Maverick McIvor was the QB coming up on a visit but sounds like it's one of the other guys. TX Tech may be the leader for McIvor.

Thanks for the transcript.

Good to hear Cole looked competent amongst the QBs. Hopefully he can make the jump into the Big Ten and help us in a few years. It's a shame we missed out on Duggan but no use crying over it. I was hoping Maverick McIvor was the QB coming up on a visit but sounds like it's one of the other guys. TX Tech may be the leader for McIvor.

QB Prospects with MN interest:

Jacob Clark - Rockwall HS, Rockwall TX, Pro 6'5" 210 lbs, 0.8601 Nat'l Rank 678, Pro Rank 21, TX Rank 83 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7448372/59e28dda4bb2d60f2455dbe4

Zach Calzada - Lanier HS, Buford GA, Pro 6'3" 195 lbs, 0.8567 Nat'l Rank 766, Pro Rank 23, GA Rank 75 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6068087/59ffe32c8cd3e00e4899da2d

Maverick McIvor - Central HS, San Angelo TX, Dual 6'3", 195 lbs, 0.8477 Nat'l Rank 948, Dual Rank 20, TX Rank 117 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6231290/58200035688ec31d8c8bc7f7

Spencer Brasch - Higley HS, Gilber AZ, Dual 6'4" 190 lbs, 0.8099, Nat'l Rank N/A, Dual Rank 34, Az Rank 36https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5117882/59c9462cf560451194ee6a74

I love that we are getting interest from these kinds of players. I hope our O Line is up to the challenge protecting any QB we have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I love that we are getting interest from these kinds of players. I hope our O Line is up to the challenge protecting any QB we have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Gophers just needed a couple more breaks here and there and hope the commitments stick.

I thought this was worth sharing. I only transcribed the Gophers' portion.

Allen and Steve talked about Gopher commits Jason Bargy, Keonte Schad, JJ Guedet, and Cole Kramer.

Notorious B1G Podcast: Gophers, Hawkeyes, Huskers add commits
By Allen Trieu (and Steve Wilfong) May 10, 3:01 PM

Podcast transcript - read at your own peril.

AT: "The newest B1G commit is a significant one. MN picks up a commitment from Jason Bargy, a 4 Star DE from Momence, IL. He's ranked 190th in 247 Sports Composite. We ranked him higher in 247 SPorts, a top 100 guy.

Great athlete. Played tailback FR year. Runs track. Runs an 11 (seconds) 400 meter. And he's grown off season from 235 to 255 lbs. A huge pick up for PJ Fleck. He's one of the highest rated kid since Carter Coughlin.

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Article/Notorious-B1G-Podcast-Gophers-Hawkeyes-Huskers-add-commits-118134332

One thing that is for sure... it doesn't matter if this is hand timed or electronic, an 11 second 400 is quite impressive. I am guessing it is a world record by a good 30 seconds!

One thing that is for sure... it doesn't matter if this is hand timed or electronic, an 11 second 400 is quite impressive. I am guessing it is a world record by a good 30 seconds!

Did he mean to say 11 seconds 100 meter? The 100 meter world record is 9.58 seconds. The current world record for 400 meter is 43.03 seconds.

Did he mean to say 11 seconds 100 meter? The 100 meter world record is 9.58 seconds. The current world record for 400 meter is 43.03 seconds.

I was being sarcastic. I am guessing he meant 100. A 11 second 100 is a pretty good time and would place you highly in the MSHSL championships.

Top Bottom