Alabama is again blocking a player from joining another SEC school as a graduate

From the article: "Redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy ... graduated from Alabama in December and is close to completing the requirements for his master's degree."

Seriously, you can play football for Alabama and in three years graduate with a bachelors and a masters degree. Those courses at Bama must be real challenging, right up there with North Carolina courses....

From the article: "Redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy ... graduated from Alabama in December and is close to completing the requirements for his master's degree."

Seriously, you can play football for Alabama and in three years graduate with a bachelors and a masters degree. Those courses at Bama must be real challenging, right up there with North Carolina courses....

I do get what you're saying. However do remember that you can take college courses in high school.

... and if you read further down in the articles, here's some good news:

Alabama reportedly hires new head of recruiting
Updated May 11, 8:50 PM; Posted May 11, 8:47 PM

By Michael [email protected]
Alabama has a new head of the recruiting operation and he's familiar with the territory.

Bob Welton is leaving Scott Frost's staff at Nebraska to be the Crimson Tide's new player personnel director, BamaInsider first reported Friday. He replaces Jody Wright who left to be UAB's offensive line coach.

As much as I think grad transfer should be allowed, I don't have a problem blocking them from a team in the same conference or on the schedule. Of the 120ish D1 FBS schools, that would still leave ~83% of schools available, maybe more. Though they should allow students a chance to appeal to a board in unusual circumstances (only school that offers doctorates in a specific field, for example).

As much as I think grad transfer should be allowed, I don't have a problem blocking them from a team in the same conference or on the schedule. Of the 120ish D1 FBS schools, that would still leave ~83% of schools available, maybe more. Though they should allow students a chance to appeal to a board in unusual circumstances (only school that offers doctorates in a specific field, for example).

Agree.

He must have done the equivalent of PSEO wherever he was. That would give him 2 years of credits, mainly in the general classes you need to complete a degree. If his major was in a subject that had class choices in the summer, he could have got his bachelor degree in 2 years. Then a year for the masters. It is doable.

the primary reason for this rule is academics and if that is to be believed then a move to any school should be allowed. If the motive is anything other than academics then maybe they need to review the rule.

He must have done the equivalent of PSEO wherever he was. That would give him 2 years of credits, mainly in the general classes you need to complete a degree. If his major was in a subject that had class choices in the summer, he could have got his bachelor degree in 2 years. Then a year for the masters. It is doable.

AP classes can knock off a ton of credits too.

Top Bottom