Yahoo: Kansas cheerleaders say they were subjected to naked hazing

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Yahoo:

A pair of University of Kansas cheerleaders came forward this week detailing an alleged hazing incident involving six first-year cheerleaders during a summer camp for children, the Kansas State Collegian reported.

The incident, according to Kansas State’s student newspaper, occurred on July 25, 2017, during a camp for children in kindergarten through third grade. The university placed the cheerleading team on a one-year probation in September after learning of the incident, determining that the team violated sections of Kansas’ Student Code.

The two cheerleaders, who wished to remain anonymous for “fear of repercussions” detailed the “initiation” to the Collegian, which started with the new members showing up to Memorial Stadium with running shoes.

They said they were made to run up and down a hill multiple times. Then, they were told to lay on the ground, were blindfolded and led into different cars, which “drove erratically to a vacant house.”

From the Collegian:

[At the house], one of the cheerleaders said she was put inside of a washing machine.

“They put me in a cardboard box and were banging on the sides,” the other said.

Later, both sources said they were taken to a room where they were asked a series of questions, and if they answered a question incorrectly, they were told to remove an article of clothing.

“They questioned me, took off my clothes and put my blindfold back on,” one source said.

Then, all six of the team’s new members were led, naked, into another room, one of the sources said.

“I remember getting put into a big laundry basket,” one said. “I was shaken around and stuff.”

Later, the source said she was moved to another room in the house.

“I had taken my blindfold off along with another girl sitting next to me,” she said, “and two alumni guys walked in and saw us naked.”

The girls were eventually separated into two groups.

“After that, they took two girls downstairs, they had been initiated,” a source said. “And then they took me and two other girls, put us in a room together and told us we are ugly, we don’t deserve to be on the team and our skills weren’t good enough. They sat us down with all the alumni and all returning cheerleaders.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-che...t-took-place-youth-summer-camp-213902318.html

Go Gophers!!

Like nobody felt like

"Hey this isn't right.... we should not do this."

And nobody said anything or told anyone?

I will never understand this kind of stuff. It wouldn't be any fun for me, even if I was part of the group hazing others. I played small college football. We had a freshman "hazing" if you want to call it. But no one was required to be there or do anything they didn't want to (and there was no pressure to participate). I had a blast as a freshman. Didn't feel so great the next day but it was a great time all around.

misunderstood the title of this thread for a bit, then realized yahoo in this instance is a news source.

How's the kid doing?

Still a lot of back pain and no feeling in his right foot and numbness down the right leg. Other than that he graduates in Dec. and will be getting ready to pursue his Phd. Thanks for asking.

Go Gophers !

Still a lot of back pain and no feeling in his right foot and numbness down the right leg. Other than that he graduates in Dec. and will be getting ready to pursue his Phd. Thanks for asking.

Go Gophers !

You rightfully must be VERY proud #71 and the way he helps center your family. He is an example of all that is good with Golden Gopher Football. The very best to you and all of your family OPGD#71.

wren

You rightfully must be VERY proud #71 and the way he helps center your family. He is an example of all that is good with Golden Gopher Football. The very best to you and all of your family OPGD#71.

wren

Thank You Wren ! Wishing your lovely wife a Happy Mother's Day !

Thank You Wren ! Wishing your lovely wife a Happy Mother's Day !

And the same to your beautiful Gal! Speaking only for myself, my better half is the reason that most folks have much of anything to do with me. How did some of us ever get so lucky? Tell your son that his accomplishments in academics are going to pay off very well and that many folks are looking for great things from him. Young men like him will, indeed change the world for the better and will find so many ways to leave their mark! Football is a start for much greater good in the future.

Keep smiling...keep having fun and bless us all! Beat the stinking badger, GOPHER!

Go Gophers !

Damn, that sucks. Did he ever have surgery? I don’t recall if it was a herniation or not. My discetomy was the best thing I ever did. Very happy with the results.

Send him my best wishes.

Top Bottom