Duke's incoming 5-person class is ranked #1, 2, 3, 17 (Tre) and 39

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Last week, five-star prospect Joey Baker announced that he was reclassifying to join the 2018 recruiting class and would enroll at Duke in the fall.

Baker's decision means Mike Krzyzewski will enter 2018-19 with no fewer than five freshmen ranked in the top 40 of the 2018 ESPN 100. R.J. Barrett, Zion Williamson, Cam Reddish, Tre Jones and Baker will form the nucleus of a Blue Devils roster that has lost its entire starting five from last season.

Barrett, Williamson and Reddish are ranked Nos. 1, 2 and 3, respectively, in the ESPN 100. (Jones is No. 17, and Baker clocks in at No. 39.) In other words, even by Duke's recent lofty standards, this is one extreme abundance of talent.

If fact, the abundance raises a question. Is this the Blue Devils' best recruiting class yet?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23454370/is-duke-best-recruiting-class

Go Gophers!!

No, their best recruiting class was Laettner and Brian Davis because they got eight years out of them and they won multiple championships.

I just puked twice when I read the headline. Duke=Puke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how much attention does Coach K pay to rankings versus evaluating the players himself? To get 3 guys in the top 5 or 10 would seem pretty difficult. lol sheesh Nice job Coach K. You are good coach but I hope you lose.
Hardest part is if the Gophers are not even in the tournament who does one even root for besides unknown underdogs. North Carolina is a disaster. Louisville lost it's leader. Ky is KY. AZ and Kansas seem dirty. Izzo has lost his appeal for me. Bo retired in shame, before that you respected they'd somehow figure out a way to be in the mix. It's a long list....
Virginia and Villanova maybe are good people?

Yawn. Wake me when they get 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.

How much would it suck to be one of the veteran guys on the team? You see your playing time taken by incoming freshman every year.

I know I would love it if this were the Gopher recruiting class but there is something about this that just is sickening. College basketball was not meant to be a Lebron James posse, where the best players gather themselves to one place to win a quick title and then in this case, go pro. This is garbage.

How much would it suck to be one of the veteran guys on the team? You see your playing time taken by incoming freshman every year.

they know what it is. There's no 'learn, develop, improve' there. You better come in ready to play or risk never seeing the court.

I know I would love it if this were the Gopher recruiting class but there is something about this that just is sickening. College basketball was not meant to be a Lebron James posse, where the best players gather themselves to one place to win a quick title and then in this case, go pro. This is garbage.

Yup.

With KY, NC, KS, and Duke, it's about putting studs in the league first. If they happen to win a championship in the process, that's a bonus but not the priority.

Can’t wait to see the Dukies lose before the title game. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom