JUCO linebacker Ahmad McCullough commits to the Gophers

Meanwhile, back to the thread... Will he be enrolling at the U this summer or fall, or will he be playing CC ball in the fall and enrolling sometime in 2019?

Meanwhile, back to the thread... Will he be enrolling at the U this summer or fall, or will he be playing CC ball in the fall and enrolling sometime in 2019?

If he's signing for 2019 he can't enroll til the winter of 2019 at earliest and have it paid for by scholarship. More likely the summer of 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only potential issue with going JUCO for 3 players is there aren't a ton of scholarships available next year (pending attrition), and now are they going to be in the same position in a couple years where there aren't many people in the class of fall 2024 Sr's?

From the numbers people are pointing out it seems like it makes sense except for potentially leaving this true freshman class a little thin.

And for the record, Fleck said he doesn't like to go the JUCO route. He said he would where he felt it was necessary. I don't like going to work, but yet I do when necessary (which seems to be virtually EVERY weekday with few exceptions... :) ). So does going to work make me a hypocrite?

My only potential issue with going JUCO for 3 players is there aren't a ton of scholarships available next year (pending attrition), and now are they going to be in the same position in a couple years where there aren't many people in the class of fall 2024 Sr's?

From the numbers people are pointing out it seems like it makes sense except for potentially leaving this true freshman class a little thin.

And for the record, Fleck said he doesn't like to go the JUCO route. He said he would where he felt it was necessary. I don't like going to work, but yet I do when necessary (which seems to be virtually EVERY weekday with few exceptions... :) ). So does going to work make me a hypocrite?

I think this will be a full recruiting class. I believe there is going to be more attrition than some of us think and there are going to be quite a few 4th year juniors (would be 5th year SRs) who look like they could definitely get passed on the depth chart. Those players are likely to have graduated and "pushing them out" doesn't feel as slimy (they have degrees, they can transfer and play elsewhere without sitting, etc.).

I expect a full class and I expect a class in a couple of years to add 3 JuCos (to backfill this class).

Per Goblirsch he was offered by home team Maryland. He’s now listed as a soft commit.

If he’s actually eligible to play at Maryland immediately (2018) seems like a no brainer.

PJ did say a month or so ago, that we would have a class of 23 or 24 guys. We talked about how the players might react to that news...with only 9 scholarship seniors.

that was fast. I wonder what the the team record is from committing to de-committing. what was this one 19 days.

players have decommitted after a day, this isn't even close.

1 day? I should design some recruiting programs using these analytics to identify ROI. fascinating.

I remember Smith-Marsette, who is a WR for Iowa, was committed to us for maybe 2 days right around NSD in '17 before flipping to them.

PJ did say a month or so ago, that we would have a class of 23 or 24 guys. We talked about how the players might react to that news...with only 9 scholarship seniors.

He did? There's virtually no way that happens unless that's including walk-ons.

Heck, the Gophers even had a basketball coach "decommit" after a day--Calvin Luther.

Is that when we got Musselman? If so, a great tradeoff.

I am sick when I think that we had that racist Ozzie Cowles for 11 years and he did not have one single black player on his team while Illinois and Iowa dominated with their black stars

Top Bottom