LB Ahmad McCullough Commits to Gophers!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

How many years will he have to play?. Imo needed since we appear thin at lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now do we have to start an "at least we beat out Eastern Michigan for a recruit" theme?

Wondering if someone in the administration informed PJ that waiting four years to see results is not going to fly and he has decided to go the JUCO route to try to get results sooner?

It looks like two, he was originally a 2017 commit. That said, NCAA math is usually less simple.

This looks like a very nice pick up, welcome to the Boat!!

Grabbing a JUCO LB this cycle always made sense to me. Next year we have seniors in Martin and Barber and then a lot of inexperience behind them in Guthrie, Rush, Sari-Marin, and Oliver.

Now do we have to start an "at least we beat out Eastern Michigan for a recruit" theme?

Wondering if someone in the administration informed PJ that waiting four years to see results is not going to fly and he has decided to go the JUCO route to try to get results sooner?

Possibly, but this guy seems like more of a "depth" guy than a sure-thing starter or impact player.

Purely speculation on my side, but given he wasn't on 2017 roster on Hutchinson CC website and the only film is from spring ball, I'd guess he red-shirted 2017 season and will be a RS-Sophomore for Gophers in 2019.

Gophers offered on Monday, then Eastern Michigan, Colorado and Rutgers also offered within last couple days. Seems to be a guy who is about to blow up with offers.

per Greder:

McCullough, of Baltimore, Md., had an offer from Eastern Michigan before he pledged to the Gophers, and Rutgers offered him a scholarship soon after his announcement Thursday afternoon.

McCullough is the 10th commit in the Gophers’ 2019 class and third from a junior college program. He is the fourth pledge in May, and his comes a day after top Illinois target, defensive end Jason Bargy, committed to the U on Wednesday.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/10/gophers-10th-commit-for-2019-is-juco-linebacker-from-maryland/

Go Gophers!!

How does the offer after a commitment work?

Oh, you're going to Minnesota! Well, here's an offer anyway!

Source? That wouldn't make sense if he was a 2017 recruit. He'd either come in as a RS SO or a JR.

Matt Jessen-Howard tweet
Ahmad McCulluogh will be a Mike or Will backer at Minnesota and has four years to play three. #Gophers

What? It's 2018. If he was a 2017 recruit and played in 2017, he's exhausted one year of eligibility.

Over on TDG, speculated in the article that he didn't play last year in 2017 and 2018 would be his first year of eligibility used. So he'd be here in 2019 as a RS So (3 to play 3).

What? It's 2018. If he was a 2017 recruit and played in 2017, he's exhausted one year of eligibility.

Yeah he'll play at CC this year, not for the Gophers. He's a 2019 recruit, which means by the time he joins the Gophers it would be his 3rd year out of HS. I'm not sure if last year counts as a redshirt year or not. I've heard mixed reports. If he didn't use any eligibility last year, then he'd be a true freshman at CC this year.

Top Bottom