Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 188
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Whalen Effect is real!!!
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Inver Grove Heights
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    The Whalen Effect is real!!!
    I hope we can land Paige Beuckers. She plays like Chris Paul. Smooooooth.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Sure hope she is paying attention. She will have a winning coach who knows how to win and has a winning formula and will prepare her for the WNBA and Olympics. Plus, why not stay home and play in front of family and friends?

    Get her here and Azzi Fudd in 2021.

    MN will go far with Whalen.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash30 View Post
    I hope we can land Paige Beuckers. She plays like Chris Paul. Smooooooth.
    Sign up Paige, bring your friends lets build a championship team!

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Gophers being ranked as high as #14 today is part of the Whalen mystique. Are the Gophers getting an inflated rating because of who their head coach is?

    I am worried about the ratings inflation. The Gophers have yet to go to the meat of the Big Ten games.

    What the Gopher's rank will be at the end of the season is what matters.
    Last edited by hungan1; 12-03-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Come on buzz killington! Celebrate some success. This is good news!

  7. #127

    Default

    The gophers are winning games that they would not have won last year. Their ranking MAY be a bit inflated but Whalen’s presence has people paying attention.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Inver Grove Heights
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    The Gophers being ranked as high as #14 today is part of the Whalen mystique. Are the Gophers getting an inflated rating because of who their head coach is?

    I am worried about the ratings inflation. The Gophers have yet to go to the meat of the Big Ten games.

    What the Gopher's rank will be at the end of the season is what matters.
    Inflated? Yes
    We’ll take the media attention. It also can’t hurt recruiting to be ranked this well.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamj95 View Post
    The gophers are winning games that they would not have won last year.
    I believe this is a bit disparaging to the players whom, last season, defeated Maryland in a blow out, Iowa (twice) and Michigan for instance.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    The Gophers being ranked as high as #14 today is part of the Whalen mystique. Are the Gophers getting an inflated rating because of who their head coach is?

    I am worried about the ratings inflation. The Gophers have yet to go to the meat of the Big Ten games.

    What the Gopher's rank will be at the end of the season is what matters.
    This post a joke?

    Why does it matter if Whalen gets them ranked higher? Isn’t that a good thing? And if all that matters is the rank at the end of the year why do you care if they are overrated now?

    I’m very confused by your thinking.

  11. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    I believe this is a bit disparaging to the players whom, last season, defeated Maryland in a blow out, Iowa (twice) and Michigan for instance.
    I believe I never mentioned the players. Maybe i should have been more specific. The current coaching staff are winning games last years coaching staff would not have won. No disrespect to the players, they have played their butts off this year switching to a defensive style team.

  12. #132

    Default

    Whalen has them playing real defense which you can always bring every game, unlike shooting where you will be hot / cold at times. They obviously practice rebounding , breaking the press and their overall teamwork on offense has improved. They did struggle with the 2-3 zone and were standing around too much without crisp passes. Overall, they feel like a top 20 team but we should get a boost when Hubbard gets back.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Eagan, MN
    Posts
    6,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GringaGopher View Post
    Whalen has them playing real defense which you can always bring every game, unlike shooting where you will be hot / cold at times. They obviously practice rebounding , breaking the press and their overall teamwork on offense has improved. They did struggle with the 2-3 zone and were standing around too much without crisp passes. Overall, they feel like a top 20 team but we should get a boost when Hubbard gets back.
    +10000
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Don't get me wrong. Lindsay Whalen is the real deal!

    She IS bringing the Gophers to national prominence.
    Last edited by hungan1; 12-05-2018 at 03:23 AM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Whalen: Ranking 'show some good progress'

    https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/0...good-progress/

    But Whalen, who retired from professional basketball this summer after helping the Minnesota Lynx win four WBNA titles, said it’s hard to say whether the Gophers are worthy of the ranking. They have one victory over a ranked opponent, then-No. 12 Syracuse (7-2) Nov. 29 at Williams Arena.

    “It’s so early,” Whalen said, “and obviously the win against Syracuse was a big game, and a big win for us, but it’s really hard to talk too much. We still have four nonconference games, and then Big Tens.”
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •