Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    The RPI and SOS are so bad, what would it even take to make the NCAA? Purdue a must win, beat Penn State, and go no worse than 1-2 vs MD, Rutgers & MSU?
    Winning the Big Ten championship.

Might have to win 4 of 5 remaining regular season games and then win at least one in the BIG tourney...to get in NCAA conversations. If Stollings had not left for Texas Tech, she should have been fired after this year for setting up the non-conference schedule she set up. IMO, that schedule should have cost someone there job. And I'll say at the same time that the AD should take some heat for allowing a coach to schedule like that.

Blog Entries

Let's see some more Whalen mojo. The Lady Gophers and coaches have their work cutout.

Taking four out of five remaining games or three out of five plus one Big Ten playoff win may sway an NCAA bid.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Blog Entries

Simply amazing game tonight! Kudos to Whalen for sticking with Defense and making adjustments. To reiterate what have been said, this is a good sign for the future of the program.

Here's hoping the winning streak continues. Recruits will start to notice how Whalen maximizes the players that she has and how she motivates them.

Quote Originally Posted by tripledouble View Post
    If Stollings had not left for Texas Tech, she should have been fired after this year for setting up the non-conference schedule she set up. IMO, that schedule should have cost someone there job. And I'll say at the same time that the AD should take some heat for allowing a coach to schedule like that.
    I'm curious if people were saying the same thing last year. Comparing the two, only 3 teams from NC finished better than .500 with 2 others finishing .500 so did you all have the same complains last year? I get these teams are worse... but last year wasn't exactly the cream of the crop either.
    Last edited by NerdyLaundry; 02-15-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Yes, we complained about last year's NC schedule also. Cupcakes in the NC schedule seems to be a tendency for the former coach. And, for teams that have a chance to be on the bubble, like this year's team, a weak NC schedule never plays well with the selection committee.

Quote Originally Posted by tripledouble View Post
    Yes, we complained about last year's NC schedule also. Cupcakes in the NC schedule seems to be a tendency for the former coach. And, for teams that have a chance to be on the bubble, like this year's team, a weak NC schedule never plays well with the selection committee.
    It would indeed be interesting to do a more complete ex-post-facto study using historical end-of-season rankings of our NC teams - doing it over all of the Stollings seasons, but especially focusing on whether what she left for us this year was any worse (or better) than her average cupcake-ness.

It may take me a while to get to it, so if someone wants to beat me to it, be my guest.

Also, see my somewhat related just-now couple posts on the "Other B1G Teams" thread.

Blog Entries

After the Lady Gopher went 1-7 in Big Ten play, I thought they'd be done. Who would've thought that they would go 18-7 after the drubbing of Purdue in West Lafayette. They have a chance to go 19-7 tomorrow against Penn State if it does not become a trap game.

Their destiny is in their own hands for the NCAA tournament. They play rank teams after PSU the rest of the way. They have remaining away games against Maryland (#7) and Rutgers (#23). The finale is at home against Michigan State (#24).

Kudos to Coach Whalen and coaching staff!
    Last edited by hungan1; 02-16-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Blowing out PSU but with MD losing to IO sadly they will probably be playing angry.

Blog Entries

I never tire of watching this video once in a while. There is no doubt in my mind she is a great hire - a legendary legacy player and now coach.

Gotta love Lindsay! Hopefully Paige wants to be just like her!

Blog Entries

As I watched Kim Mulkey's Baylor team dominate the Iowa Hawkeyes and Megan Gustafson, I am wondering how far Whalen will take the Gophers basketball team. Will her coaching career be like Dawn Staley's, Kim Mulkey's or any of the women's basketball greats?

I am certain of one thing. It will be exciting to watch the Lady Gophers in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Gotta love Lindsay! Hopefully Paige wants to be just like her!
    Guess that got answered today. Welp, the what could could have been.

A Perkins blast from the past.

That is awesome!