Illinois four-star DE Jason Bargy commits to the Gophers

As soon as I saw the Bargy thread I knew something bad had happened.

Fuuuuuuuuudge

Age 17 is not the formative year or there about. It occurs junior high years (at the most) and younger, much younger. He may be around a bad crowd, relatives aren't nice etc. Hard to say so don't want to judge.

I hope you and all men on this board have matured since 17. Granted most have matured past the point of doing whatever he has been arrested for much earlier... but if all men stopped maturing at 17 this world would be an ugly place.

The report has him listed at 220 pounds; that's 35 pounds ligher than 247. We all know sizes are inflated, but 35 pounds is ridiculous.

I hope you and all men on this board have matured since 17. Granted most have matured past the point of doing whatever he has been arrested for much earlier... but if all men stopped maturing at 17 this world would be an ugly place.

You miss the point. The poster had said formative years. The formative years are before the age of 17. Yes we mature at all ages including 17. There is a difference.

The report has him listed at 220 pounds; that's 35 pounds ligher than 247. We all know sizes are inflated, but 35 pounds is ridiculous.

Are you saying that high school heights and weights are not always reported accurately? I'm shocked! In my experience, some coaches are pretty good about getting accurate heights and weights on the program. Others just ask the kids and write down whatever they say - or in some cases, coaches will inflate heights and weights to make kids look better or more intimidating on the roster. I've lost track of the number of kids who gain or lose weight, or get taller or shorter, from one sport to the next. (kid will be 6'2" in football and 6'4" in hoops - or a 200lb football player winds up wrestling at 170).

I didn't see this posted anywhere else...really don't mean to pile on the kid, but he won't be playing college ball anytime soon. This report is hard to read...

https://www.daily-journal.com/news/...cle_608b3f2c-e76d-11e8-8bcc-e3f43408cf49.html

"Reading from a police report, Prosecutor Erika Hamer said the victim told deputies she awoke to find Bargy performing a sexual act.

He became upset by her reaction. She got out of bed and went into a bathroom. Bargy threw her stuff on the floor, telling her she could sleep there.

The victim was attempting to leave when Bargy followed. She asked why he was following her.

He yelled at her and shoved her to the ground. Bargy then punched her in the face.

The victim was able to get away. She took a pocket knife out of her jeans pocket and threw it toward Bargy. She then picked up a brick and held it as she backed away from him.

Bargy’s father was shielding the victim when deputies arrived.

According to the report, she had a swollen eye, bloody nose and bloody lip.

Hamer said the misdemeanor would be upgraded to felony based on results of a hospital report that showed the victim suffered a broken orbital bone and a fractured vertebra in her neck."

I didn't see this posted anywhere else...really don't mean to pile on the kid, but he won't be playing college ball anytime soon. This report is hard to read...

https://www.daily-journal.com/news/...cle_608b3f2c-e76d-11e8-8bcc-e3f43408cf49.html

"Reading from a police report, Prosecutor Erika Hamer said the victim told deputies she awoke to find Bargy performing a sexual act.

He became upset by her reaction. She got out of bed and went into a bathroom. Bargy threw her stuff on the floor, telling her she could sleep there.

The victim was attempting to leave when Bargy followed. She asked why he was following her.

He yelled at her and shoved her to the ground. Bargy then punched her in the face.

The victim was able to get away. She took a pocket knife out of her jeans pocket and threw it toward Bargy. She then picked up a brick and held it as she backed away from him.

Bargy’s father was shielding the victim when deputies arrived.

According to the report, she had a swollen eye, bloody nose and bloody lip.

Hamer said the misdemeanor would be upgraded to felony based on results of a hospital report that showed the victim suffered a broken orbital bone and a fractured vertebra in her neck."

Chilling report, but I found this kind of odd. This was happening at Bargy's house?

This just reeks of steroid induced rage. He's going to spend some time in jail for this one

Top Bottom