PJ Fleck Interview on Sports Huddle 5-6-18

Like WHB Brewer said, is there really that much difference between 9 or 11? Either way, that's a fairly small number. He doesn't achieve anything more by saying 9 instead of 10 or 11.

It's a significant difference. PJ has a history of shading numbers e.g. the recruiting class rankings. Everyone knew the 2018 class wasn't going to end up a top 25 class but that was the number he used on early signing day (which was a stretch even that day). Single digits sound better than double digits in terms of illustrating how young a team is.

It's a significant difference. PJ has a history of shading numbers e.g. the recruiting class rankings. Everyone knew the 2018 class wasn't going to end up a top 25 class but that was the number he used on early signing day (which was a stretch even that day). Single digits sound better than double digits in terms of illustrating how young a team is.

Perhaps in his mind he was a top 25 class and really liked what he got. Kind of like teams drafting in the NFL. "We had him rated higher than a 24th pick etc." "We got our man after all." "He fell in to our laps." "We couldn't be happier." Who is to judge on NSD how high the class should be judge? On stars or the end results?

Perhaps in his mind he was a top 25 class and really liked what he got. Kind of like teams drafting in the NFL. "We had him rated higher than a 24th pick etc." "We got our man after all." "He fell in to our laps." "We couldn't be happier." Who is to judge on NSD how high the class should be judge? On stars or the end results?

ooooooook

You forgot the sarcasm cues in your post...

Good riddance to you. I can't think of any other poster whose disappearance would have added more to the ability of everyone else to enjoy reading and posting in GopherHole. Even posters who most other posters hate (like me) add some value to this site every once in awhile. You have never added anything to GopherHole but your stupid attempts at getting cheap laughs at another poster's expense. Here's hoping you keep your promise.

The irony in this post is delicious.

No, my point was, isn’t early May an odd time of the year to get worked up over what the coach said in a local radio weekly interview? Really?

Who’s worked up? Not me.

ALL the frothing at the mouth in this thread has come from hair trigger PJ apologists. I asked a simple question about the 9 scholarship statement which degenerated into a round of rationalizations and feigned indignation. I also stated it’s entirely possible we’ve had some retirements or transfers -we’ll have to wait and see I guess. Apparently PJ is holding his cards close to the vest again.

Who’s worked up? Not me.

ALL the frothing at the mouth in this thread has come from hair trigger PJ apologists. I asked a simple question about the 9 scholarship statement which degenerated into a round of rationalizations and feigned indignation. I also stated it’s entirely possible we’ve had some retirements or transfers -we’ll have to wait and see I guess. Apparently PJ is holding his cards close to the vest again.

You asked for an explanation of the 9 scholarship comment. People gave some possibilities, you didn't like the explanations.

Who’s worked up? Not me.

ALL the frothing at the mouth in this thread has come from hair trigger PJ apologists.
I asked a simple question about the 9 scholarship statement which degenerated into a round of rationalizations and feigned indignation. I also stated it’s entirely possible we’ve had some retirements or transfers -we’ll have to wait and see I guess. Apparently PJ is holding his cards close to the vest again.

Says the poster that has posted 14 times in this thread, doesn't like the explanations given to the question he asked and claims the coach is shading the numbers.

You asked for an explanation of the 9 scholarship comment. People gave some possibilities, you didn't like the explanations.

You’re right, because they don’t make much sense other than the possibility of a transfer/retirement that haven’t been announced. Not counting special teams players...that’s an example of a rationalization. Pulling scholarships...

What people don’t seem to like is bringing up how PJ tends to overexaggerate as a matter of course and this may be yet another example...or not. I’ll be willing to eat my shoe on this.

Says the poster that has posted 14 times in this thread, doesn't like the explanations given to the question he asked and claims the coach is shading the numbers.

You’re the perfect example of a frothing at the mouth poster. Do you come on here for any reason other than to slag people?

It’s not an opinion...it’s his own words.

How many days until kick-off?

Kill was a "straight shooter" and he overstated our youth and inexperience all the time. He knows more than we do about the team. Period.

By the way, this is the most Minnesotan thread ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right, because they don’t make much sense other than the possibility of a transfer/retirement that haven’t been announced. Not counting special teams players...that’s an example of a rationalization. Pulling scholarships...

What people don’t seem to like is bringing up how PJ tends to overexaggerate as a matter of course and this may be yet another example...or not. I’ll be willing to eat my shoe on this.

There are, of course, just as many who LOVE to bring up that aspect of his coaching as a negative. Most people in Minnesota seem to think every coach should be Bud Grant.

There are, of course, just as many who LOVE to bring up that aspect of his coaching as a negative. Most people in Minnesota seem to think every coach should be Bud Grant.

Every coach's personality gets ripped. Tracy Claeys personality (or lack thereof) and his physical appearance were both ripped. . . and he won 9 games.

So, it goes to show just how open-minded Minnesotans are that PJ Fleck isn't just constantly being ripped. He speaks his own language.

A coach over exaggerating.... Well, now that would be a f’ng first, wouldn’t it

I think it's safe to say that your thoughts on the current HC are immediately apparent to even the most casual observer.

Then tell me my thoughts on the coach. I'm all ears. You seem pretty upset about my observations (which aren't fireable offenses-minor character flaws at worst). I've given him tons of props for his attributes.

Only coach who didn't set low expectations recently may have been Brew.

Only coach who didn't set low expectations recently may have been Brew.

Nope. Claeys had high expectations and stated them publicly. I think he even went as far to say that they could be a 10 win team before the season started.

Nope. Claeys had high expectations and stated them publicly. I think he even went as far to say that they could be a 10 win team before the season started.

Right after he mentioned it was the 6th year of the program and that’s where they should be. But some on here still want to say his first year is somehow comparable to Flecks.

Top Bottom