STrib: Gophers basketball: Who's in, who's out since last season?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Addition and subtraction

An offseason of change for Gophers men’s basketball:

Goings

Jamir Harris: Guard finished his freshman season and then left the program.

Davonte Fitzgerald: Junior forward played only one season for Gophers and transferred in March.

Ben Johnson: Assistant coach with Minnesota ties left for Xavier.

Kimani Young: Assistant and key recruiter left for Connecticut.

Comings

Payton Willis: 6-4, 180-pound guard transferring from Vanderbilt. Eligible in 2019-2020 season.

Rob Jeter: Former Wis.-Milwaukee head coach becomes a key Richard Pitino assistant and recruiter.

Note: The Gophers have two open scholarships and an assistant coach position still available.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-basketball-who-s-in-who-s-out-since-last-season/481570401/

Go Gophers!!

why would he join the Gophers after being a head coach at UW Milwaukee? I am probably asking a question already asked on some other thread so an advanced apology.

He was fired from UW-Milwaukee in 2016. Spent the last 2 years as an assistant at UNLV

Article doesn't even mention Strength Coach Shaun Brown who left to take the same position at West Virginia

What I'm not getting is why no movement on the second assistant. It's pushing a month since Ben has been gone. I would have thought there would be movement a lot faster than this. Jeter was on board in a couple of days, and these openings tend to fill quickly at this time of year.

What I'm not getting is why no movement on the second assistant. It's pushing a month since Ben has been gone. I would have thought there would be movement a lot faster than this. Jeter was on board in a couple of days, and these openings tend to fill quickly at this time of year.

Still working on the buyout with North Saint Paul . . .

I wonder how many season ticket holders will be “out”?

Word is they’ve interviewed some people but decided they weren’t good fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No assistant during the open recruiting period was puzzling. Now, there really is no need to rush...get the guy who can deliver a player lol

Top Bottom