Email from the U: Exclusive Benefit for Gopher Football Season Ticket Holders

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Thank you for your continued support of Gopher Football! In addition to the many benefits in the Gopher Loyalty Program all 2018 football season ticket holders will receive a NEW benefit this season:

All football season ticket holders will now be eligible to purchase single game tickets at an exclusive discounted rate. In addition to having early access prior to the public on-sale in July, save up to 20% off the public single game price!

Single game tickets will go on-sale to season ticket holders on Monday, May 7 at 9am. Take advantage of your ability to lock in additional tickets for the home opener, homecoming, or senior day at an exclusive discount for being a season ticket holder.

2018 Mini-Plan Packages
Also, starting Monday, May 7 at 9am, mini-plan packages will be available exclusively to our Gopher Score members. NEW this year – mini-plans offer both fixed and flexible package options, starting as low as two (2) games for $30 per seat.

Gold Plan: Iowa, Indiana, & Purdue
Packages start as low as $170 per seat

Maroon Plan: Fresno State, Iowa, Northwestern
Packages start as low as $140 per seat

Flex 3 Plan: Pick any three (3) games
Packages start as low as $60 per seat

Flex 2 Plan: Pick any two (2) games - excluding Iowa
Packages start as low as $30 per seat

Get more information on 2018 mini-plans →

We appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you back in TCF Bank Stadium this fall!

Go Gophers!!

Nice perk, but the first thing I thought of was people dropping a seat or two in big "donation" areas and then purchasing them thru a package. It would save a lot for many.

per the U:

Thank you for your continued support of Gopher Football! In addition to the many benefits in the Gopher Loyalty Program all 2018 football season ticket holders will receive a NEW benefit this season:

All football season ticket holders will now be eligible to purchase single game tickets at an exclusive discounted rate. In addition to having early access prior to the public on-sale in July, save up to 20% off the public single game price!

Single game tickets will go on-sale to season ticket holders on Monday, May 7 at 9am. Take advantage of your ability to lock in additional tickets for the home opener, homecoming, or senior day at an exclusive discount for being a season ticket holder.

2018 Mini-Plan Packages
Also, starting Monday, May 7 at 9am, mini-plan packages will be available exclusively to our Gopher Score members. NEW this year – mini-plans offer both fixed and flexible package options, starting as low as two (2) games for $30 per seat.

Gold Plan: Iowa, Indiana, & Purdue
Packages start as low as $170 per seat

Maroon Plan: Fresno State, Iowa, Northwestern
Packages start as low as $140 per seat

Flex 3 Plan: Pick any three (3) games
Packages start as low as $60 per seat

Flex 2 Plan: Pick any two (2) games - excluding Iowa
Packages start as low as $30 per seat

Get more information on 2018 mini-plans →

We appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you back in TCF Bank Stadium this fall!

Go Gophers!!

Still nothing to former season ticket holders in an attempt to bring them back into the fold.

Ostensibly, we have a young up and coming coach who is generating interest around the globe for Gopher football. You’d think maybe they’d try to get some to re-up.

I gave mine up two years ago due to schedule conflicts causing too many missed games and the cost of travel to each game. Before that a season ticket holder all through school and for 12 years after graduation. Missed four years when I lived in Texas and lacked the resources to travel back for games (kept them the first year, but was only able to sell tickets to one game due to lack of fan interest) then again for 7 years. Had hockey tickets for a few years as well.

Haven’t heard a peep. I’m not interested in re-upping but if they were serious, they’ve got my name and know I’ve been willing to pay in the past. I know adding my name to the email list is expensive and all (yeah, no, no it’s not) but you’d think they’d at least try.

But keep patting yourselves on the back for not really accomplishing anything. Seems to be SOP as it relates to Gopher football these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are season ticket holders why would they want to buy more tickets? What a crap perk. There really is no benefit to being a season ticket holder anymore except that you way over pay for your tickets.

If they are season ticket holders why would they want to buy more tickets? What a crap perk. There really is no benefit to being a season ticket holder anymore except that you way over pay for your tickets.

Seems like a good scalping perk if the market is good.

The Friday Night Home game will be against Indiana on 10/26.

If they are season ticket holders why would they want to buy more tickets? What a crap perk.

If I have friends/family who are occasional attendees, why wouldn't I want to buy them tickets as a gift or for them to reimburse me?

There really is no benefit to being a season ticket holder anymore except that you way over pay for your tickets.

And, you know, giving back to the school (over and above the ticket price), getting to sit in the same seats every game, getting to sit by the same people every game, having access to things like the benefit mentioned in this very thread. Nope, no benefits at all.

At least there is an effort being made, but I doubt I will take advantage of it b/c it's still going to be higher than the secondary market prices. Last year I gave my tickets to one game away to a friend, bought myself a super cheap ticket on Stubhub and sat with my friend as there are multiple open seats in front, behind, and next to my season tickets.

If I have friends/family who are occasional attendees, why wouldn't I want to buy them tickets as a gift or for them to reimburse me?

And, you know, giving back to the school (over and above the ticket price), getting to sit in the same seats every game, getting to sit by the same people every game, having access to things like the benefit mentioned in this very thread. Nope, no benefits at all.

Giving back to the school, great perk! Buying tickets for friends/family? Ok so you can save a little bit there, but you are acting like it's hard to get tickets to the games. This would only be a good perk if friends/family weren't able to buy the tickets. These games won't be sold out.

I get the same seats every game. That lets me get to know the people I sit around. I buy two more tickets than my wife and I need so we get to invite friends and family to attend the games with us. To me it is more than trying to get the cheapest tickets, it is a day outing that includes tailgating before and after the game and enjoying the day. It also lets me help support the school that is trying to build the program back up. To each his own, I go to support the Gophers and I don't care who they are playing, I am in the stands having fun. We will also be going to Maryland and Illinois road games this year.

This might make a small dent in the massive inventory of unsold seats.

Top Bottom