All Things Tyler Wahl Recruitment Thread (Class of 2019) Gophers Offered

Yeah embarrassing for sure. I mean King, Lynch, Johnson, Coffey, Hurt, Kalscheur, Omersa, Oturu and maybe a new one in the next few weeks. Oh wait those are all Minnesota kids that Pitino DID land.

No kidding. Good lord, a couple of kids pick other schools in 2018 and certain folks jump right into full-on hyperventilation mode. I supposed they'd be shocked to find out how many kids from other states spurn their home schools in favor of out-of-state programs. Ask the Wisconsin faithful about it, I'm sure they'd fill your ear on how many of their in-state kids have spurned the Badgers over the past decade.

It is what it is. When you have a certain number of scholarships per year and a lot of high major talent being produced in-state, you're not going to get every talent that comes along. No program in any sport in any state gets them all every year. It just doesn't happen.

But, if folks want to freak out, have at it.

Pitino’s offer: Schools make several offers to players that are not their first choice, and not all offers are up to the player to accept.

Pipeline comments: Minnesota is producing more and more D1 caliber players. The U doesn’t have room for all of them and not all of them fit Pitino’s style of play. Some of the players that are farther down on the Gophers pecking order will choose to go some place else, and many times that will be sooner than the Gophers get their players. That all leads to the mistaken impression that the U is losing all of the Minnesota recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All true. Wahl did have an offer that he could have accepted anytime. Gophers wanted him but knew he was a long shot. No big deal. Unless your a blue blood, everyone misses on more recruits than they get. Tracking the top 30 programs over the last 20 years, most kids do not stay home and furthermore there are many states who produce more high end players than Minnesota. Pitino has done a pretty good job recruiting, now he has to do a much better job coaching. Could care less if players come from the state.

Not surprised that he followed Reuvers to Wisconsin. I won't be cheering for either of them. Fortunately....Pitino has shown that he can bring in talent from other states. Plenty that are as good as the traitors.

Not surprised that he followed Reuvers to Wisconsin. I won't be cheering for either of them. Fortunately....Pitino has shown that he can bring in talent from other states. Plenty that are as good as the traitors.
Traitors from another State coming here, traitors from this State going elsewhere, it all evens out and we still find ways to be average.
I only want one thing...win!

Im waiting for wahl to continue the Lakeville north trend of posting on social media a Pitino/mn hate filled rant saying we didn't value him and MN, the TC, and MN education system sucks (even though he lives here)

Traitors from another State coming here, traitors from this State going elsewhere, it all evens out and we still find ways to be average.
I only want one thing...win!

Again, another troll comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im waiting for wahl to continue the Lakeville north trend of posting on social media a Pitino/mn hate filled rant saying we didn't value him and MN, the TC, and MN education system sucks (even though he lives here)

Did this actually happen? Reuvers? I thought I remember him saying in a Strib interview or something that he had "concerns about the culture" or something to that effect, given it was just a few months after the Kevin Dorsey twitter incident, an answer he may very well have been baited into. I don't remember anything about hate-filled anti-Minnesota rants.

Top Bottom