Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default All Things Dain Dainja Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020) Gophers Offered

https://247sports.com/Player/Dain-Dainja-46046838

Dainja is the son of former Gopher PF Dana Jackson.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Here is an article from October:

Dainja has earned D1 offers from Hampton, Denver, and Montana so far. He was rated as a top 150-160 area player in the recent national 2020 rankings by Prep Hoops and several high major programs are in contact.

“I’m hearing from Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and I got an invite to a big man camp at Baylor in August. I’m going to visit Iowa State in November.”

Who is Dain’s basketball influence? That was an easy choice, his father Dana Jackson.

“I have to say my hoops influence is my dad,” Dain said. “He played with the Gophers and he played overseas in Argentina.”

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/10/re...n-dainja-2020/

Go Gophers!!

He reminds me a bit of MO Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    He reminds me a bit of MO Walker.
    Looks a little more trim than Mo when he arrived on campus.

His game reminds me of former Gopher Dana Jackson.

He's going to be a top recruit. I know its only a highlight video, but he has a very good feel for the game for being a big man

He and Dawson Garcia would make a formidable front court duo. With those two on the floor, not many teams could put out personal without creating a mis-match.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    He's going to be a top recruit. I know its only a highlight video, but he has a very good feel for the game for being a big man
    Yeah, especially if he continues to grow and gets a little bit leaner.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Amin Fan View Post
    His game reminds me of former Gopher Dana Jackson.
    Sadly, my most vivid memory of Dana as a Gopher was him attempting a full court pass from out of bounds in the last seconds of the game (against Iowa State, I think) and hitting the scoreboard. Ball turned over, Cyclones score and we lost. Ugh. Pretty good career, I think. he was either a juco or a transfer as I recall. That was a long time ago, early 90's?

How tall is Dainja? I've seen him listed as being anywhere from 6'6" to 6'10.

Looks like a big body with a decent touch. He has zero hops, could be a problems at the Big 10 level.

Go Gophers!!