Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 198
  1. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Dainja is a stud. His dad went to the U. It's on us if we didn't recruit him hard.
    Or there were reasons for the coaching staff not to recruit him hard and to prioritize other options.


  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,409
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Minnesota kids? I'll take a whole team of German kids if they're like the one coming this summer that has never played 1 minute of B1G. Seriously. As a frosh I expect he will be everything we lost in Coffey leaving (by B1G time).
    Last edited by diehard; 06-23-2019 at 02:38 PM.
    Kingdom Warriors

  3. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Minnesota kids? I'll take a whole team of German kids if they're like the one coming this summer that has never played 1 minute of B1G. Seriously. As a frosh I expect he will be everything we lost in Coffey leaving (by B1G time).
    ....Zero chance he is as productive next season as Amir was last season

  4. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    Jarvis, Coffey, Oturu, Kalscheur...
    But don’t let facts get in the way of your argument

    Dainja is good but it’s clear he wasn’t a priority for whatever reason.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah a 247 composite national 40th rated prospect is not a priority....Grow up... Streak as in 6 straight in state offers decided to turn down pitino

  5. #170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Yeah a 247 composite national 40th rated prospect is not a priority....Grow up... Streak as in 6 straight in state offers decided to turn down pitino
    Sounds like you are in the market for a bridge.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGopher View Post
    Personally, I doubt this
    Right. The “1 year losing streak of 2019” is ranked 4th in the big ten. But complain away.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    Matthew Hurt, Zeke Nnaji, Tyrell Terry, David Roddy, Tyler Wahl, Dain Dainja. Pitino needs to do better.
    Matthew Hurt was a top 10 recruit who could go to any school in the country.

    Zeke Nnaji was a top 40 recruit who ended up signing with a school that has brought in 5 top 5 recruiting classes in the past 8 years.

    Tyrell Terry was a point guard who, at the time he committed, probably looked like he would be playing behind Marcus Carr and Isaiah Washington if he came here.

    Isaiah Ihnen is ranked higher than Tyler Wahl at about the same position.

    Plus I'm pretty sure we're at or near the top of the Big Ten as far as number of in-state players on our roster. And as I said earlier, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than that we simply got beat out by Baylor.

  8. #173

    Default

    Why are people complaining about implications that Baylor pays players? If you go to Baylor or Kansas or Kentucky or schools of that Ilk you’re either getting illicit payments or you’re a terrible negotiator. It would’ve been nice to get dainja but let’s see how the class shakes out before panicking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    349
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Yeah a 247 composite national 40th rated prospect is not a priority....Grow up... Streak as in 6 straight in state offers decided to turn down pitino
    I know we have made tourney 2 out of 3 years and if two years ago wasnt a crazy year maybe 3 years in a row making tourney, but I guess to make tourney we need Minnesota kids. Cant force kids to go here. Big ten program that's made tourney 2 of 3 years. Good school. Great town. Pretty sure it isn't Pitino that hasnt gone after him hard. Kids just decide they want to go out of state, but it isn't the lack of Pitino trying hard.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    Matthew Hurt, Zeke Nnaji, Tyrell Terry, David Roddy, Tyler Wahl, Dain Dainja. Pitino needs to do better.
    David Roddy was never a take, you really think he chose CSU over two big ten schools?

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  11. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Streak as in 6 straight in state offers decided to turn down pitino
    And I'd bet not every one of those 6 will turn into major impact players for their teams. Pitino has to get the right Minnesota kids, not just a Minnesota kid.

    And not mentioned by Cayman above, Terry also chose Stanford. I'd never fault a kid for actually valuing education when making his choice.

  12. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    Matthew Hurt, Zeke Nnaji, Tyrell Terry, David Roddy, Tyler Wahl, Dain Dainja. Pitino needs to do better.
    The 2019 class from Minnesota isn't one to get hung up about at all. Wahl sucks, he's like another mike hurt, Roddy was never a take and honestly we dodged a bullet that he didn't commit if his offer was ever committable. You're right Terry was a miss for sure, would love to have that kid in the program. Pitino should've recruited him earlier. Matt Hurt and Nnaji were never staying no matter what Pitino did. Obviously would've been great to get one of Hurt/Nnaji but realistically that wasn't going to happen, and no reason to settle for the leftovers from MN. The out of state guys who committed are miles better than Wahl and Roddy. You have to take the best players you can get and idgaf what state they're from.

    Garcia, Suggs, Walton, and now Madsen are the top local targets for 2020. If Pitino has a leg up with them because they want to stay home, that's great and we should welcome them with open arms. If there are better players from out of state who want to come here, even better. If these guys have already made up their minds they're going to blue blood programs, there's not anything that can be done and you have to look elsewhere and get the best guys you can.

    Regarding Dainja, there's something going on behind the scenes as its clear Pitino never recruited him hard. Definitely a great player but you also have to question the fit with the program. Something has scared a few programs off no doubt.

  13. #178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    The 2019 class from Minnesota isn't one to get hung up about at all. Wahl sucks, he's like another mike hurt, Roddy was never a take and honestly we dodged a bullet that he didn't commit if his offer was ever committable. You're right Terry was a miss for sure, would love to have that kid in the program. Pitino should've recruited him earlier. Matt Hurt and Nnaji were never staying no matter what Pitino did. Obviously would've been great to get one of Hurt/Nnaji but realistically that wasn't going to happen, and no reason to settle for the leftovers from MN. The out of state guys who committed are miles better than Wahl and Roddy. You have to take the best players you can get and idgaf what state they're from.

    Garcia, Suggs, Walton, and now Madsen are the top local targets for 2020. If Pitino has a leg up with them because they want to stay home, that's great and we should welcome them with open arms. If there are better players from out of state who want to come here, even better. If these guys have already made up their minds they're going to blue blood programs, there's not anything that can be done and you have to look elsewhere and get the best guys you can.

    Regarding Dainja, there's something going on behind the scenes as its clear Pitino never recruited him hard. Definitely a great player but you also have to question the fit with the program. Something has scared a few programs off no doubt.
    Blue bloods are not options for Walton or Madsen. As for Wahl sucking, You do know he can guard 3 positions, understands sides offense, is a great passer, really good handle, high basketball idea and a ferocious rebounder. He is a below average shooter but is easily a plus player.

  14. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    David Roddy was never a take, you really think he chose CSU over two big ten schools?
    He had a Gopher offer. I don't think they offered for ****s and giggles. Perhaps he just saw more playing time for himeself at CSU. He would certainly fill a need now with Amir leaving (same with Wahl).

  15. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Matthew Hurt was a top 10 recruit who could go to any school in the country.

    Zeke Nnaji was a top 40 recruit who ended up signing with a school that has brought in 5 top 5 recruiting classes in the past 8 years.

    Tyrell Terry was a point guard who, at the time he committed, probably looked like he would be playing behind Marcus Carr and Isaiah Washington if he came here.

    Isaiah Ihnen is ranked higher than Tyler Wahl at about the same position.

    Plus I'm pretty sure we're at or near the top of the Big Ten as far as number of in-state players on our roster. And as I said earlier, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than that we simply got beat out by Baylor.
    Yeah, you're right, why would a top 10 or top 40 player want to stay in state to play B1G basketball, how ridiculous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •