The Golden Gopher Fund Auction is live! Lots of cool Gopher stuff here...

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per the U:

The University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Fund is hosting an online auction which directly benefits Gopher student athletes. The auction ends on May 11 at 5 p.m.

The auction launched April 30 and features 48 items ranging from game-worn jerseys to framed prints. Also included is a game-worn football helmet featuring Goldy Gopher, gear packages and autographed items from Gopher greats Lindsay Whalen, John Anderson, Paul Molitor, Mychal Thompson, Rachel Banham and Maxx Williams.

The Golden Gopher Fund aspires to support the athletic department in forging tomorrow's leaders through world-class academics opportunities, extensive student-athlete development and nationally recognized athletic experiences. The Golden Gopher Fund is responsible for generating philanthropic gifts to assist the athletics department in covering all costs associated with the student-athlete experience in the classroom, in competition and in life.

Here's the link: https://gophersports.cbsi-auctions.com/iSynApp/allAuction.action?sid=1102781&selectedCatId=19541&pgcust1=&pgcust2=&pgcust3=&pgmode1=$pgmode1&pgmode2=&qMode=open&query=&sort=title_asc&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=*&qt[0].value1=*&rc=48

These items are all well and fine, but they really need to up the ante and get some big ticket items here, For Example:

Baseball Clinic with Gopher Great and MN Twins Manager Paul Molitor...$10,000
Dinner for Four and signed jerseys from MN all time greatest athlete Dave Winfield...$15,000
Include other such experiences with Lindsey Whalen, Rick Pitino, PJ Fleck, John Anderson, etc
Golf Clinic and Nine Holes for 3 attendees hosted by Tom Lehman...

Maybe this isn't the exact auction for these high profile legends but the Athletic Dept needs to really get creative with their fund raising. Maybe a nice wine dinner and auction. Just my two cents

There's some cool stuff there.....but way underwhelming. A signed hockey stick from a team that didn't even make the postseason? Is that a cool thing to display? A signed basketball by a coach who has taken the team to one NCAA appearance?

They've got to step it up. There's a reason why a bunch of these have zero bids.

There's some cool stuff there.....but way underwhelming. A signed hockey stick from a team that didn't even make the postseason? Is that a cool thing to display? A signed basketball by a coach who has taken the team to one NCAA appearance?

They've got to step it up. There's a reason why a bunch of these have zero bids.

Their last auction (this winter) made a ton of money, with every item having multiple bids -- people typically bid on these types of auctions at the last minute.

You may not like the items but I guarantee they all go for good $$ with several bids.

Their last auction (this winter) made a ton of money, with every item having multiple bids -- people typically bid on these types of auctions at the last minute.

You may not like the items but I guarantee they all go for good $$ with several bids.
I hope so. I'm sure that the proceeds go to good causes. There are multiple items that I'd live to display. But not for what they are going to sell for. They couldn't get any Gophers legends to sign some stuff?

I do really like that all white basketball. It would look nice next to my golden (ski-u-mah) striped replica helmet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PJ signed mini oar would be a cool man cave decoration..

These items are all well and fine, but they really need to up the ante and get some big ticket items here, For Example:

Baseball Clinic with Gopher Great and MN Twins Manager Paul Molitor...$10,000
Dinner for Four and signed jerseys from MN all time greatest athlete Dave Winfield...$15,000
Include other such experiences with Lindsey Whalen, Rick Pitino, PJ Fleck, John Anderson, etc
Golf Clinic and Nine Holes for 3 attendees hosted by Tom Lehman...

Maybe this isn't the exact auction for these high profile legends but the Athletic Dept needs to really get creative with their fund raising. Maybe a nice wine dinner and auction. Just my two cents

Rick Pitino does have a lot of time on his hands right now...probably need some clear, concrete ground rules in place (for him), tho. :p

Top Bottom