Iowa - small W
@ Ohio State - big L
@ Nebraska - small L
Indiana - small W
@ Illinois - medium W
Purdue - small W
Northwestern - small W
@ Wisconsin - medium L

Honestly I think we lose @ Wisconsin while playing for a share of the Big Ten West

As much as I am behind PJ 100% and love what you're saying, I don't think we'll go 9-3 :(

NMSU - big W
Fresno - small W
Ohio - medium W
@ Maryland - small W
Iowa - small W
@ Ohio State - big L
@ Nebraska - small L
Indiana - small W
@ Illinois - medium W
Purdue - small W
Northwestern - small W
@ Wisconsin - medium L

Honestly I think we lose @ Wisconsin while playing for a share of the Big Ten West

Okie-dokie. I'll have whatever you're drinking and I'll put on rose-colored glasses.

I like PJ and am optimistic he can right the ship, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth about how last season ended. Getting outscored 70-0 in the last two games makes me wonder, if it was a lack of talent, bad coaching, giving up by the coaches and players, or all of the above?

I like PJ, but...

NMSU - W
Fresno - W
Ohio - W
@ Maryland - L
Iowa - L
@ Ohio State - L
@ Nebraska - L
Indiana - W
@ Illinois - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - L
@ Wisconsin - L

MD, Nebraska and Northwestern are likely losses. Illinois will be better, Iowa tough.

Well, if you can't be optimistic this time of year, then when? If the QB situation takes care of itself and we stay healthy, why not? Winfield will lead the defense and Rodney will run for 1800 yards.

Last year I was right there with you both oars churning hard. This year...BIG sigh...I dunno man? Sadly, I'm not sure we'll win 5 again. I do hear and see his plan to be better in 2019 but it worries PJ hedges and pushes that out to 2020 as we get closer to 2019.

Surprise me PJ. In the meantime Nebraska is talking about returning to glory now! I wish our coach was too. And meanwhile Michigan is in Paris.

Okay- you're wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like PJ and am optimistic he can right the ship, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth about how last season ended. Getting outscored 70-0 in the last two games makes me wonder, if it was a lack of talent, bad coaching, giving up by the coaches and players, or all of the above?

Agreed, those last two games are what is keeping me from being very optimistic this year. I had flashbacks to the Brewster era where our players looked bad but our coaches looked even worse.

I need a 3-0 start and a win over a tough Fresno State at home for me to sit back down in the boat. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Demry Croft drama was the reason for the last two losses.

It's the same concerns this year as last year.

1. Who is our QB.
2. How well will our QB play?

Until these questions are answered, it's hard to be too confident at this stage.

Not going to lie. The last two games of 2017 was horrendous. The Gopher's Chittty-Chitty Bang-Bang simply ran out of gas.

After the lost to Maryland (31-24) and Purdue (31-17), not even counting coming close against MSU (30-27), I felt like these games portend what the rest of the season was going to be like. IMHO, these should have been winnable games.

I remember thinking that they have turned the corner after routing Nebraska (54-21). Disheartening.

Looking at the season another way, they are learning thru failure.

We shall soon see what the "Year One" (Two :cool02:) version of the Gophers will be like soon!

1. Who is our QB.

Until these questions are answered, it's hard to be too confident at this stage.

You nailed it - will the trigger man be a difference maker? I don't see any of these three (Morgan, IMG Academy guy or Vic V.) starting in place of NW, Iowa, WI, Purdue tSOU or Nebby's QBs.

Floor - 4 wins Ceiling - 7 wins I see 5-7 as of today

1. Who is our QB.

agree. and i am less confident about the qbs this year than i was last year.

you could even say there are question marks at receiver, offensive line, special teams and defensive line as well. none of this should add up to much confidence. Perhaps OP can tell us what indicates wins at each game in the schedule.

i could see getting bowl eligible, but i could also see a 4 win season. i know neither one of those options would be all that exciting to most gopher fans, but i don't think you rebuild a football team in the big ten as quickly as you do in a mid major.

it's fine to be bullish about the season so long as you also realize that another rebuilding year is very possible (likely).

A win against mighty MD? Are you crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree. and i am less confident about the qbs this year than i was last year.

you could even say there are question marks at receiver, offensive line, special teams and defensive line as well. none of this should add up to much confidence. Perhaps OP can tell us what indicates wins at each game in the schedule.

i could see getting bowl eligible, but i could also see a 4 win season. i know neither one of those options would be all that exciting to most gopher fans, but i don't think you rebuild a football team in the big ten as quickly as you do in a mid major.

it's fine to be bullish about the season so long as you also realize that another rebuilding year is very possible (likely).

You could even add O and D coordinator to the question marks list. Neither of them showed an ability to make adjustments to help the offense or defense counter what the other team was trying to do, especially as the year went on.
The end of the season was very uninspiring.
Looking at the schedule I could see a 3 win season happening if things don't improve: 2 non-conf. wins and 1 BIG win vs. Indiana or Illinois.
If things go right and the question mark areas are better than expected then I could see a 9 win season

If this team is as bad as the Fleck supporters say, he should be fired. I do not like his persona, but I think he is a better coach than his supporters posting here. I don't think his last year at WM was a fluke. Last year the team hadn't bought into his "culture." It is my belief that they have either bought in or left this year. Not only do I see a good shot at 9-3, but I think we have a solid shot at beating the Huskers. If we can't this year, when can we ever beat them again with Frost at the helm? Whoever the QB/QBs are they will make mistakes, but they are winners. That is the difference between them and last year.

The team was left with very little at wr the past two games. Croft seemed to shrug his shoulders the last two games and go through the motions.
I think with a healthy Tyler Johnson plus Bateman, DD, and Bell plus a better passing QB our offense will be more balanced.
I am hoping for six or seven wins.

Right now we're undefeated and tied for first place. I'll enjoy that while it lasts.

NMSU - big W
Fresno - small W
Ohio - medium W
@ Maryland - small W
Iowa - small W
@ Ohio State - big L
@ Nebraska - small L
Indiana - small W
@ Illinois - medium W
Purdue - small W
Northwestern - small W
@ Wisconsin - medium L

From your lips to God's ears. That would be an epic turn around.

Indiana with Tom Allen as DC and now HC is looking sort of like a Kill-Claeys team the last couple years - good defense and atrocious offense. They had the 26th ranked defense and 96th ranked offense last season. A complete reversal from their prior iteration. They were probably better than their 5-7 record as their eastern division residence does them no favors.

This will likely be a tough game.

Cousins signed with the Vikings not the Gophers.

You're dead wrong. If we win 9 games, it will be miraculous.

Unless we blow leads in the losses, lose to the best opponents on the schedule, and don't get the ninth win until the bowl game. Then it's disappointing. At least, that's what I hear on here.

If everything goes right I can see it happening. However I really have no idea what to expect from this team heading into this season. Thankfully the offense is in much better hands than it was last season so I'm expecting an improvement.

That would be one of the most surprising seasons in a long time if we won those games.

I mean just from the start.... arguably Fresno is better than us. They were last year.

Top Bottom