9-3 tell me I’m wrong

That’s the absolute worst case. I think six wins is possible, if we get some bounces our way

If Winfield doesn’t come back it’ll hurt my prediction

To the OP

You're wrong. 4-8

Leaky toilet for an offensive line, no Brooks, no Smith, no running holes. Zach will be back-peddling throws all year because we simply cannot block. We couldn't against NMSU, Fresno or Miami, it'll be worse vs B1G competition. Our O line is responsible for our true frosh qb being hurt.
It's also going to leave us with very vanilla and predictable play calling.

That will leave our Defense on the field A LOT, and they will get beat after being exhausted.

It's going to be a long long season, ending with only one more squeaky win over Purdue or Illinois.

4-8....no bowl
The nice thing for you is that you won’t be disappointed

Your wrong, team makes to many mistakes to be 9 and 3.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

To the OP

You're wrong. 4-8

Leaky toilet for an offensive line, no Brooks, no Smith, no running holes. Zach will be back-peddling throws all year because we simply cannot block. We couldn't against NMSU, Fresno or Miami, it'll be worse vs B1G competition. Our O line is responsible for our true frosh qb being hurt.
It's also going to leave us with very vanilla and predictable play calling.

That will leave our Defense on the field A LOT, and they will get beat after being exhausted.

It's going to be a long long season, ending with only one more squeaky win over Purdue or Illinois.

4-8....no bowl

I agree with most of what you said. Team has a ton of weaknesses that were clearly put on display today. I still think they can get to 6 wins, but the road got a lot more difficult today. Nebraska still appears to be a mess. Purdue and Illinois are gonna be close games. Indiana had a great OOC season, but so did we...probably equal in talent, and its a home game. NW really struggled in OOC. Our Gophers aren't as good as we'd hoped, but I believe they'll keep improving as the year goes along. Fingers crossed for health.

As I have indicated in the beginning, the Gophers are within the trajectory of 4-8 to 8-4 realistically.

As I have indicated in the beginning, the Gophers are within the trajectory of 4-8 to 8-4 realistically.

That will probably be shown to be correct. Lou Holtz bugs me sometimes but I agree with his observation that a new team shows up every week - its impossible to predict who they will be, a confident group that executes well or a doubting squad that fails to execute. I doubt if we will look at bad in two weeks as we did today. Go Gophers!

7-5 at best with our offense
Who are these 4 teams you think we will beat? Even Indiana looks better than us right now (not that Michigan State is ever consistent). Purdue looks like a squad that is learning and growing.

Illinois and Indiana look like the best bets (and I'm not so sure on either being a win at this point). Nebraska, N'western, and Purdue are the next best chances, but I'm not sure we can win 2 of 3 there. 3-5 wins is my current feeling. I don't see a bowl game this year.

Put Magpie in the troll group. This place after losses (especially since Fleck was hired), brings out trolls. Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan. Real fans have a long term view on this and while today was disappointing, Gopher football will challenge for the West title.

Not trolling, bruh. Calling it like it is. Purdue lost 3 games by what, 8 points? Then beat a ranked team (not that BC really deserved it, but it's better than who we have faced). Purdue was called the best 0-3 team in the nation, and they proved that today. We were certainly on the list for worst 3-0 team, as per usual, and we proved that today too. I expected a loss and called it early. A blow out and complete collapse in all aspects outside of the kicking game is a problem. It doesn't make me a troll. It means I'm paying attention.

Not trolling, bruh. Calling it like it is. Purdue lost 3 games by what, 8 points? Then beat a ranked team (not that BC really deserved it, but it's better than who we have faced). Purdue was called the best 0-3 team in the nation, and they proved that today. We were certainly on the list for worst 3-0 team, as per usual, and we proved that today too. I expected a loss and called it early. A blow out and complete collapse in all aspects outside of the kicking game is a problem. It doesn't make me a troll. It means I'm paying attention.
If we lost at home to Eastern Michigan....would you be predicting any wins?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'd have the same attitude. I don't drink Kool-aid. There are a few games that will be close, but I find it homer-esque to say we're going to win 9 games. 5 seems fortunate at this point.

I'm not going to be so bold as to say you are absolutely wrong, but I do believe there is a non-zero chance you are mistaken.

If Winfield doesn’t come back it’ll hurt my prediction

I’d say I’m wrong at this point. Was a pie in the sky thing. Thought we had an outside chance at 9-3 quarterback sight unseen.

Losing Winfield, Smith, and the Maryland game leaves no room for error and we will certainly have an error or 4.

I would revise my prediction down to 6-6 at this point.

"9-3 tell me I’m wrong"

We will know the answer to that for sure after the tOSU game. However, it is very dismal.

We are just hoping that the Gophers will qualify for a bowl by the end of the season. I hope that they can take 3 out of 5 winnable games - Nebraska, Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, or Northwestern.

Their best shot are against Nebraska, Indiana, and Illinois. But, to me it is looking more like another 5-7 season.

Probably battling with SD St for the West division to face Boise in championship game.
Right. All I'm saying is that you can discount the Purdue loss to EMU....but you have to give some points to the Gophers for their FSU win. Let's hope that the Maryland game was Maryland's Temple. Time to get the heads back on straight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Right. All I'm saying is that you can discount the Purdue loss to EMU....but you have to give some points to the Gophers for their FSU win. Let's hope that the Maryland game was Maryland's Temple. Time to get the heads back on straight.

Right on! With that ...

Just don't like that people continue to talk about E Mich like they're still the laughing stock that they were for so many years, without realizing the incredible turn around there the last few years. They had a great QB in Roback, and now they look to have another good one in the Iowa transfer.

I like PJ, but...

NMSU - W
Fresno - W
Ohio - W
@ Maryland - L
Iowa - L
@ Ohio State - L
@ Nebraska - L
Indiana - W
@ Illinois - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - L
@ Wisconsin - L

You were right on the first 10, too bad you’re wrong on the last 2...

Top Bottom