Shooter say Oturu to have shoulder surgery.

You haven't been a Gopher troll for very long if you think bad luck started with him.

I think the better question is, when have the Gophers NOT had bad luck? 1997, if you ignore Eric Harris' injury. Oh, wait, then came 1999.

I think the better question is, when have the Gophers NOT had bad luck? 1997, if you ignore Eric Harris' injury. Oh, wait, then came 1999.

Isn’t a silver lining now better than when conference play opens? Or is this something that is expected to linger?

You haven't been a Gopher troll for very long if you think bad luck started with him.
Who is trolling? I am trying to be optimistic about this club.

Any legacy curse would have to go back to Bill Musselman, at the very least.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Who is trolling? I am trying to be optimistic about this club.

Any legacy curse would have to go back to Bill Musselman, at the very least.

Lou Hudson breaks wrist. Don Yates academic troubles. Predates even Musselman as that screwed up seasons in the 60's.

Hopefully, come September 1st he is rested and ready to go.

It would seem we must be due some good fortune some time soon for a nice long run? Maybe, this is the season it begins?

We need to add two experienced guards to the roster to have a chance, however.

Isn’t a silver lining now better than when conference play opens? Or is this something that is expected to linger?

The article predicted a 4 month recuperation. That should give him a couple of months before the season starts to practice.

Pitino curse? It's a Minnesota curse! Goes way back.

Not worried. With rehab he will be better than ever. Besides, don't underestimate what we have in Curry and Matz. Oturo will be there when we need him.

Not worried. With rehab he will be better than ever. Besides, don't underestimate what we have in Curry and Matz. Oturo will be there when we need him.

Maybe by the time he's recovered, people on this site will actually learn how to spell his name?

Can you add? Assuming the surgery is soon, Oturu should be cleared by September at the latest for practicing. He'll have 6-8 weeks to get in shape. I think he'll be just fine and if he's not, i'll eat the crow later.
Yes, I can add, but I will believe he is ready when I see him on the court for this team. Six to eight weeks is the optimal recovery. I think we are snake bitten given how injuries affected this team, Mason & McBrayer specifically, last season. This team drags our recovery from injuries like a five year-old kid not wanting to go to bed.

Perhaps redshirt potential if the recovery doesn't go as well as expected?

I mean, you could say that about any injury. Do we even know exactly what the issue was? Torn labrum? Torn rotator cuff?

Didnt lynch have shoulder issues before his junior year - he came back fine....

Didnt lynch have shoulder issues before his junior year - he came back fine....

To be fair, there are a wide range of shoulder injuries. Lynch's recovery doesn't mean much without knowing their exact injuries and if they are even comparable. Hopefully Oturu's isn't a major thing that could linger or be susceptible to re-injury. Would be nice to know more details.

If Oturu does need some time to round into shape at the start of the season, it will give Pitino an excellent opportunity to give Stockman more minutes and see how he does. if Stockman proves he can do the job, then there's no real reason to rush Oturu back, and they can give him more time to rebuild strength in the shoulder.

on the other hand, if Stockman has problems, then the Gophers could be thin on the front line again. I would be leery about giving Curry too many minutes in the non-conference schedule.

Bottom line - still a LOT of question marks for this year with health and injury issues. i.e., just another year of Gopher Basketball.

Top Bottom