Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st

Let’s see how long it takes for 11 to broadcast a kid picking the U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When is Benhart going to announce he’s leaving the state so we can prepare for our next big let down?

I don't want to call the kid any names, but geez...

what could you have done to scorn the local team more?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xB7o040HXW8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slow news day in the TC....? This nearly 4 minute segment was part of the main newscast? That was really weird. Maybe a 20 second blurb would have been more appropriate. He’s obviously excited about it. Have fun at college.

Well, good riddance to him. No longer respect his father, either. He should be erased from the alumni directories and game tape segments for allowing his son to do this the way he did on local TV. Over-reaction? Maybe, but this is a fan board, and we are huge Gopher fans. Apparently Jay no longer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In no particular order my ass! Specifically had it down to MN and ND! Everyone involved with this should be ashamed of themselves, all I can do is shake my head at this sad exploitation.

Fleck can recruit a division 1 quality quarterback and some good offensive linemen to name a few things??

And you know this because the QBs have thrown a combined zero passes??? And the linemen, while highly rated have made zero blocks or was there a true frosh that I missed last year?

That was...well...it was pretty lame. Good lord, was that pandering out of Shaver and the boys at 11.

Slow news day in the TC....? This nearly 4 minute segment was part of the main newscast? That was really weird. Maybe a 20 second blurb would have been more appropriate. He’s obviously excited about it. Have fun at college.

THIS! Sidenote. What was up with Randy Shaver touching Carroll's thigh continuously during the "interview"?

Let’s see how long it takes for 11 to broadcast a kid picking the U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Benhart could become a local hero by doing the same thing and picking the U and not many folks would talk about Quinn again for a long time.

The whole procession was enough to make ND football even higher on my despised list- just below Sconnie.

Yes, and don't call me Shirley.

His results on field and in recruiting MN high level talent is...? We all know he can teach about happiness and joy but all the others could not...

To each their own on judging how Fleck is doing but a simple glance at the recruiting rankings for these players, especially in the two classes Fleck has had so far shows an big difference so far in the quality of recruits he's got. Yes, he missed on Carroll, and he missed on Duggan, but to think there isn't a difference compared to the previous regime...again, seriously? Fleck and his "culture" will have to start winning games to see recruiting make the next step and that's yet to be seen if he can do that in the B10, but quality of recruits he's getting has jumped significantly from the Claeys/Kill days. If you want to compare the coaches strictly on recruiting in MN in which Kill landed Coughlin, I get it...but I think you have to look at recruiting as a whole. He's off to a good start with the 2020 class and Mann, now lets see if he can pull in Kaden Johnson

Benhart could become a local hero by doing the same thing and picking the U and not many folks would talk about Quinn again for a long time.

The whole procession was enough to make ND football even higher on my despised list- just below Sconnie.

That would be fantastic

Think it through!

Dad is a know it all and horses ass. He will now be out of the state for a couple of days every weekend ND plays at home.

That is a huge win. The state of Minnesota wins in this.

And dad, since I know you'll read this............please feel free to take as many cake-eating Edina friends with you when you go to South Bend. Please fill the van to capacity!

Dad, you seriously let the kid do that on KARE? Seriously, daddy? LMAO

Kare 11 clearly knew he was going to ND because of the elimination graphics that they had setup. And to put ND and Minnesota as the last two? Really a kick in the crotch to Gopher fans. Great job Kare 11......you gained a bunch of viewers for one newscast.....and lost a whole lot more for this stunt.

Kare 11 clearly knew he was going to ND because of the elimination graphics that they had setup. And to put ND and Minnesota as the last two? Really a kick in the crotch to Gopher fans. Great job Kare 11......you gained a bunch of viewers for one newscast.....and lost a whole lot more for this stunt.
Yup. Never watching them again. Terrible thing to do to local Minnesota viewers.

We don't have KARE 11 on our cable package down here in Rochester, so I didn't see it live. I just watched the posted video here on GH.....damn, I now can't unwatch it. Seriously? He was "called" to choose ND......and Shaver's "fatherly" touches to the thigh, sealed the deal.

I didn't kare too much that he was leaving until I saw that replay. I do not wish him well. I just do not kare unless he later signs with the Vikings. Then, yes.

Fleck can recruit a division 1 quality quarterback and some good offensive linemen to name a few things??

Virtually every head coach we've had has recruited a Division I quality QB and some good offensive linemen.

And none of the QBs or OL recruited by Fleck to MN have taken a single snap - so how would you know whether they're any good?

So, it's official. Quinn Carroll opts for Notre Dame.

This wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last. Seantrel Henderson, Jason Cornell, Matt Birk, Larry Fitzgerald, Frank Ragnow, etc...

Get used to it. It won't be the last time MN's marquee athletes decide to leave home. We won't be bagging all the top flight in-state recruits. Even in the state of Ohio - tOSU doesn't get all their top in state athletes.

Some kids just want to leave home and experience life elsewhere. It doesn't always work out as in the case of Willie Mobley and Bryce McNeal. But, then things sometimes don't pan out when kids commit to the Gophers as in the cases of Andre McDonald and Jeff Jones, and other players like Jimmy Gere who had to hang it up due to injuries.

The Gophers have to start winning consistently before maybe more of the top MN athletes consider staying home. But, that won't stop kids who want to experience Harvard, Stanford, Notre Dame, or other prestigious schools or storied programs. If you are the parents of these kids, you let them follow their dreams.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2012/8/10/3186252/minnesota-football-recruiting-highest-ranked-what-happened

What is important is it is not the end of the world for the Gophers. It does not matter where the players come from who want to be a Gopher. We just want great players. It all boils down to recruiting.

All this excitement over a 4 star offensive lineman? Geez people, get a grip.

"Watch the team logos, and as they go gray- that school will be eliminated..."

So many at Kare11 I want to punch in the face. FU Randy Shaver, Dave Schwartz

Schwartz Twitter reply to criticism of not having MN commits: "well, Andre McDonald (was on) a few years ago with me."

Andre freaking McDonald? What was that, 1990?

OH calm down people, he's a 17 year old kid. Good luck to the young man

OH calm down people, he's a 17 year old kid. Good luck to the young man

Yeah, he is a 17 year old kid, who made a really egotistical, classless, jackass move. Lack of parental guidance too, apparently. I don't wish him ill personally, but I will be rooting hard against him (and ND) on the field.

Top Bottom