Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st

Yeah, he is a 17 year old kid, who made a really egotistical, classless, jackass move. Lack of parental guidance too, apparently. I don't wish him ill personally, but I will be rooting hard against him (and ND) on the field.

It's KARE11

Let him enjoy the spotlight

this thread is hilarious.

anyone who is offended by this needs to check their priorities. lay the internet down for the day. go get some fresh air.

I didn't watch as I knew he was gone. I do think it's not necessarily the nicest move to pick another school. Classless? No, that would be picking Becky! If that was the case I would have had the pitchforks and torches in the van as I drove around picking up all you fellow vigilantes as we headed to KARE! On one hand it sucks to not get the best local kid but if they get the rest that they want then I will be happy, the Lakeville kid seems to be a 1A to a 1B deal. As Fleck said he only wants kids that want to be here. Win and more kids will want to be here, simple as that.

He and Kare 11 will get the karma they deserve....

Quinn
noun
/kwihn/
Definitions:
1. Someone who makes a fool out of themselves by thinking they are way more important than they really are.
Example usage: "He really made a quinn out of himself at that meeting".

2. Someone who craves attention.
Example usage: "Don't be such a quinn all the time."

"Watch the team logos, and as they go gray- that school will be eliminated..."

So many at Kare11 I want to punch in the face. FU Randy Shaver, Dave Schwartz

Schwartz Twitter reply to criticism of not having MN commits: "well, Andre McDonald (was on) a few years ago with me."

Andre freaking McDonald? What was that, 1990?

Are you thinking of Ariel McDonald the basketball player from the early 90’s?

Yeah, Kare will be off the air by the end of the week. One guy already deleted them from his channel guide!
Lol!!!

I'd bet that the Gophers will have more OL drafted in the next 5 years than the Irish... and they will also have better seasons...

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

I'm disappointed, but I have no problem with Carroll picking Notre Dame. I hate Irish football, but it's a good school with a great post-grad network, so I understand that part of the allure in addition to the football tradition. What bugs me beyond Carroll is the fact the public actually thinks elevating these kids' decisions to something worthy of more than a five-second mention during the sports report is newsworthy. I follow recruiting from the 30,000 foot level, but the deification of these kids is getting a tad ridiculous.

After having some perspective on the whole situation on had to put it in context. We can't keep every local stud home.
Wisconsin signed Logan Brown right out from under Michigan and MSU's nose and he is a 5 star rated O-lineman who is ranked higher nationally
than Caroll. Kids are going to pick where they want to go.

That being said; I am really hoping we get Benhart!

To each their own on judging how Fleck is doing but a simple glance at the recruiting rankings for these players, especially in the two classes Fleck has had so far shows an big difference so far in the quality of recruits he's got. Yes, he missed on Carroll, and he missed on Duggan, but to think there isn't a difference compared to the previous regime...again, seriously? Fleck and his "culture" will have to start winning games to see recruiting make the next step and that's yet to be seen if he can do that in the B10, but quality of recruits he's getting has jumped significantly from the Claeys/Kill days. If you want to compare the coaches strictly on recruiting in MN in which Kill landed Coughlin, I get it...but I think you have to look at recruiting as a whole. He's off to a good start with the 2020 class and Mann, now lets see if he can pull in Kaden Johnson

It's gotten slightly better. Significantly? No. Going from an .83 average to an .85 average (rough estimate), from 50-60 nationally to 40-50 nationally, isn't "significant," in my book.

I still contend he got extremely lucky with the OLs from IMG, which are inflating things. That was a once in a lifetime, coincidental, 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of deal, that only happened because of Annexstad. Who, by the way Fleck, wouldn't even offer a scholarship, but chose to walk on out of the goodness of his heart. What does that class look like if Annexstad decides he wants that Pitt scholarship? Fleck was basically handed a freebie there (more like three freebies). So, you can pluck Coughlin from the population, but why not adjust Fleck's classes for anomalies?

I know the 2019 class isn't done yet, but as of right now we're dead last in the B1G in average composite ranking per recruit....and it's not even close. He's whiffing big time on recruits he's pouring a ton of resources into (Carroll, Duggan, Mertz, probably Hank and Benhart), which really hurts because you can't make up for lost time with others. I think we're seeing Exhibit A as to why the previous regime chose to focus resources on more realistic targets (not arguing the merit of the strategy, just observation).

IMO, things aren't looking as rosy as the Fleckites like to lead on. I'm not alarmed in any way, and this is even a little better than I expected to this point.....but we were promised much more. Trumping things up by saying things are light-years better is being very misleading.

Even if he had chosen the Gophers I would have found the spectacle disgusting.

I only want guys who want to be here. I realize it's just something PJ says, and some may not like it, but it's true. Didn't really care for the way the announcement went down, but it is what it is. At least he didn't pick the Badgers. That's the only way I would have been a little upset. Plenty of good players still on the board for 2019.

I think the reason the Quinn defection hurts is that his dad was a U alum. You would expect those kids to bleed maroon and gold and for dad to instill some pride in his alma mater.

Instead, dad was whispering how great ND is as they watched games on NBC when he was a 10 year old. Dad always wanted him to attend ND. No one else really had a shot at the end of the day.

THIS! Sidenote. What was up with Randy Shaver touching Carroll's thigh continuously during the "interview"?

I just re watched it. He gave him two knuckle bumps to him by his knee. Quite a bit different from you just described. Was not continuously. Need to be careful how we describe acts. Still wrong for KARE to put the act on TV.

Are you thinking of Ariel McDonald the basketball player from the early 90’s?

He's talking about Andre McDonald, the WR out of Hopkins who committed to the Gophers when Dave Schwartz had him on live. At the time he was a coveted recruit for Jerry Kill. It seems so long ago because he got kicked off the time and eventually wound up at UW-River Falls.

I still contend he got extremely lucky with the OLs from IMG, which are inflating things. That was a once in a lifetime, coincidental, 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of deal, that only happened because of Annexstad. Who, by the way Fleck, wouldn't even offer a scholarship, but chose to walk on out of the goodness of his heart. What does that class look like if Annexstad decides he wants that Pitt scholarship? Fleck was basically handed a freebie there (more like three freebies). So, you can pluck Coughlin from the population, but why not adjust Fleck's classes for anomalies?

I agree with this paragraph. I suggested in one of the qb threads that Annexstad was responsible for Fleck's good recruiting numbers this year. Maybe my post was too cheeky, but it wasn't received well.

I didn't watch it. Heard ND was the inside track and was immediately irritated that KARE 11 would give air time to an instate recruit announcing he was going to play elsewhere.

I agree with this paragraph. I suggested in one of the qb threads that Annexstad was responsible for Fleck's good recruiting numbers this year. Maybe my post was too cheeky, but it wasn't received well.

We got Annexstad without even giving him a scholarship and then he brought us two other highly ranked players. If anything that sounds like recruiting genius to me.

We got Annexstad without even giving him a scholarship and then he brought us two other highly ranked players. If anything that sounds like recruiting genius to me.

Exactly. Some of the folks criticizing Fleck want it both ways. Give the guy a chance. Like someone else said there are more fish in the sea and maybe the Gophers will meet ND in a bowl game 3 years from now.

He's talking about Andre McDonald, the WR out of Hopkins who committed to the Gophers when Dave Schwartz had him on live. At the time he was a coveted recruit for Jerry Kill. It seems so long ago because he got kicked off the time and eventually wound up at UW-River Falls.

Andre dropped out of UW - River Falls and never played on the team.

He is now playing in the IFL. It's pretty low-level football, but there are quite a few NFL alums in it. He had a good first season with them.

I just re watched it. He gave him two knuckle bumps to him by his knee. Quite a bit different from you just described. Was not continuously. Need to be careful how we describe acts. Still wrong for KARE to put the act on TV.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the lecture. Already in a bad mood, I found it annoying and distracting.

]

Just called KARE11 and politely told them that they disrespected the U... thats all...

Please create a new thread if you want to bash the head coach for getting the best recruiting class in the internet recruiting era but still not being good enough. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please create a new thread if you want to bash the head coach for getting the best recruiting class in the internet recruiting era but still not being good enough. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good enough to get your chili hot?

What a terrible idea. First he is a 4 star guy, why have it on the nightly news? Second how can the final 2 be the UofM and ND? Just totally random right?!?! Shaver and Kare11 should get tons of heat for this. Just say something in sports or show a 30 second clip of him announcing.

I gave us about a 30% chance of getting Quinn before Wariner left for Mich but when he left I had little hope, the only possible way I see him flipping is if ND goes like 3-9 and Kelly gets fired (not impossible) but we should focus on Benhart now

Top Bottom