Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st

There's nothing to gain by raggin on the Quinn family. We will survive.

This. For cryin' out loud, go easy on the kid. Much as it would be great to keep all the best in-state guys home, it doesn't happen...some guys just wanna carve out their own niche'.

Now...what Shaver was thinking is a mystery. He's gonna pay for this one for awhile.

This. For cryin' out loud, go easy on the kid. Much as it would be great to keep all the best in-state guys home, it doesn't happen...some guys just wanna carve out their own niche'.Shver

Now...what Shaver was thinking is a mystery. He's gonna pay for this one for awhile.

Again..it's not so much his choice (a little bit cause we are homers after all) but his way of doing it...came across as ****** bag narcissism at best... And KARE 11 and shaver...they had a choice and blew it!

Again..it's not so much his choice (a little bit cause we are homers after all) but his way of doing it...came across as ****** bag narcissism at best... And KARE 11 and shaver...they had a choice and blew it!

This 100%. I'd never begrudge a kid for choosing Notre Dame- great school and program; but with dad being a former Gopher the way this was handled is brutal.

Per Quinn and father reason #1 was a faith-based institution...

And you know what? Maybe if he actually took to the teachings he wouldn't be banned from a few houses in Edina due to bullying. I'm not sad we lost out on him.

This. For cryin' out loud, go easy on the kid. Much as it would be great to keep all the best in-state guys home, it doesn't happen...some guys just wanna carve out their own niche'.

Looks like Quinn's mom signed up for yet another new GopherHole account, this time to try to blame Shaver for what happened.

I'm pretty sure Quinn can survive some criticism on a message board. Thanks for your concern tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW - caught a bit of an interview with Ryan Burns on KFAN this morning. He said that QC's decision was based in part on Notre Dame having a better track record of developing OL and getting them drafted in the NFL. ND gets linemen drafted almost every year. Gophers haven't had an OL drafted since Eslinger and Setterstrom in 2006. Burns pointed out that both WI and IA have had many more OL drafted compared to the Gophers in recent years. So, if you're an OL recruit, and your goal is to go to the NFL, then MN may not be your preferred destination.

Burns also noted that current Gopher OL coach Callahan has coached several NFL draft choice OL from Western Michigan, so he believes the Gophers will be able to get some OL drafted in upcoming years. Anyway, that was his take on one of the reasons for QC's choice of ND over MN.

FWIW - caught a bit of an interview with Ryan Burns on KFAN this morning. He said that QC's decision was based in part on Notre Dame having a better track record of developing OL and getting them drafted in the NFL. ND gets linemen drafted almost every year. Gophers haven't had an OL drafted since Eslinger and Setterstrom in 2006. Burns pointed out that both WI and IA have had many more OL drafted compared to the Gophers in recent years. So, if you're an OL recruit, and your goal is to go to the NFL, then MN may not be your preferred destination.

Burns also noted that current Gopher OL coach Callahan has coached several NFL draft choice OL from Western Michigan, so he believes the Gophers will be able to get some OL drafted in upcoming years. Anyway, that was his take on one of the reasons for QC's choice of ND over MN.

Over the years Notre Dame firmly has a grip on Edina both academically and athletically.

That's a natural take, but also an interesting one since Harry Hiestand, the Irish's OL coach for the last 6 seasons and a huge reason why Notre Dame blossomed into Offensive Line U, is now coaching with the Chicago Bears, and will have zero impact on Carroll's ability to develop into an NFL lineman. Can Jeff Quinn, Hiestand's successor, have that same level of success? Looks like Carroll is betting his future on it.

KARE11 has been showing Notre Dame home games for over 25 years. Maybe when the NBC lands the Big 10, they will show players signing on with the Gophers.
This is a lame excuse. No NBC affiliate is bound to promote Notre Dame because the national executives signed a contract. Those who are going to watch ND on NBC would watch regardless of KARE pimping Quinn the Eskimo on their news.

It is kind of a chicken and an egg situation. ND has had much more talented OL recruits. You could look at it from another angel in that how many 5star and 4star OL recruits didn’t make the NFL because they went to ND? I sure that answer is a lot more than the U. Looking at the last draft, it is obvious that if you have the talent, it doesn’t matter where you go to college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the last draft, it is obvious that if you have the talent, it doesn’t matter where you go to college.
I understand notoriety of schools being a factor to some extent, but the U is BigTen -- so I would think a kid would lean towards more playing time to develop/prove oneself than what they would get at a school like ND where you may not get a go even as a 4-Star.

I understand notoriety of schools being a factor to some extent, but the U is BigTen -- so I would think a kid would lean towards more playing time to develop/prove oneself than what they would get at a school like ND where you may not get a go even as a 4-Star.

At the same time, most players aren't going to develop the same in every program. Maybe it takes a certain position coach you really connect with, or maybe someone needs more competition for playing time to get them motivated.

Truth, but game vs practice is where you really learn what you're made of and what you need to work on.

The Carroll's made a deal with Randy Shaver of KARE11 six months ago to televise it. This, as he is continued to visit the gophers.

Seriously, Jay Caroll. Seriously daddy! LMAO

Just a thought experiment, do you want:

Playing / practice time with coaches putting lots of guys into the NFL, or coaches putting fewer guys in the NFL?

That kinda changes things IMO.

It's pretty clear from recruiting results (hing ranking players happily getting in line at stacked programs) that "playing time" just isn't much of a selling point.

So according to 247 from 2013 to 2017 notre dame has had 16 4 star or better offensive linemen while minnesota has had 0. Good news for minnesota is we got 2 4 star ol this year. Talent shows up in the nfl.

So according to 247 from 2013 to 2017 notre dame has had 16 4 star or better offensive linemen while minnesota has had 0. Good news for minnesota is we got 2 4 star ol this year. Talent shows up in the nfl.

How many of those ND OL are in the NFL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Carroll's made a deal with Randy Shaver of KARE11 six months ago to televise it. This, as he is continued to visit the gophers.

Seriously, Jay Caroll. Seriously daddy! LMAO

What about that scenario isn't plausible?

Time to move on, people. He would've helped the team, but he didn't want to be a Gopher. And in today's "me, me" society, why would anyone be surprised by the live announcement? This is another, "whatever" type of situation to me.

Time to move on, people. He would've helped the team, but he didn't want to be a Gopher. And in today's "me, me" society, why would anyone be surprised by the live announcement? This is another, "whatever" type of situation to me.

I need about another week to ten days to move on, thank you.

100%

Quinn
noun
/kwihn/
Definitions:
1. Someone who makes a fool out of themselves by thinking they are way more important than they really are.
Example usage: "He really made a quinn out of himself at that meeting".

2. Someone who craves attention.
Example usage: "Don't be such a quinn all the time."

LOL at this. You're such a crybaby

I think I have moved on, but it was still and incredibly dumb thing to do.

Notre Dame fans weren't even watching, so the whole audience was people who really didn't want to see it.

With that in mind, it makes you wonder why someone would do it and it almost makes me think the dad thought it was a good idea and strongly supported it as a way for him to one-up his other fellow football dads.
It's the equivalent of building a bigger house than your neighbors.

For those who are interested.
Notre dame had 24 guys that were 4 star recruits since 2009. Went back here as that was when zach martin was drafted. Of them 5 have made the nfl. 7 are still on roster. 4 have transferred including one who never played at nd but xferred and made nfl. 2 of these guys went to the defensive side of the ball. 1 quit football 1 was injured and retired. 3 didnt play really at all and considered transferring. One 3 star made the nfl for them but i took him out as we werent counting them. As for the gophers we have had a single 4 star in jimmy gjere who retired due to concussions. I think that talent makes it to the nfl. Not a school.

There are some really disgusting posts in this thread. Post #246 for example.

I hope Quinn is successful at Notre Dame.

Move on already. Stop letting the hate and bitterness consume you.

You've moved on, but your ghost is still here.

Top Bottom