Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st

Fleck can recruit a division 1 quality quarterback and some good offensive linemen to name a few things??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is the division 1 quality QB he has recruited? Do we know that yet. They really are not rated higher, or even as high, as some of our past QB recruits. We will see how they turn out, but he has recruited amy can’t miss QBs yet.

Offensive lineman? Again, to be seen. We are not even in Year 1 yet.

It's gotten slightly better. Significantly? No. Going from an .83 average to an .85 average (rough estimate), from 50-60 nationally to 40-50 nationally, isn't "significant," in my book.

I still contend he got extremely lucky with the OLs from IMG, which are inflating things. That was a once in a lifetime, coincidental, 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of deal, that only happened because of Annexstad. Who, by the way Fleck, wouldn't even offer a scholarship, but chose to walk on out of the goodness of his heart. What does that class look like if Annexstad decides he wants that Pitt scholarship? Fleck was basically handed a freebie there (more like three freebies). So, you can pluck Coughlin from the population, but why not adjust Fleck's classes for anomalies?

I know the 2019 class isn't done yet, but as of right now we're dead last in the B1G in average composite ranking per recruit....and it's not even close. He's whiffing big time on recruits he's pouring a ton of resources into (Carroll, Duggan, Mertz, probably Hank and Benhart), which really hurts because you can't make up for lost time with others. I think we're seeing Exhibit A as to why the previous regime chose to focus resources on more realistic targets (not arguing the merit of the strategy, just observation).

IMO, things aren't looking as rosy as the Fleckites like to lead on. I'm not alarmed in any way, and this is even a little better than I expected to this point.....but we were promised much more. Trumping things up by saying things are light-years better is being very misleading.

Do we know that? Or did ZA tell PJF he was coming here regardless and PJF decided to use the scholarship for another player.

I honestly don't believe PJF was going to risk not getting ZA when they are so desperate at QB. I think if ZA would have told PJF he wouldn't walk on he'd have a scholarship right now.

Besides, every year recruits recruit other kids to come where they committed. Maybe it's teammates, maybe they were at a camp together or in the same conference or have the same side action. But every year there's stories of kids who going onto Twitter or Facebook or whatever to sway other recruits. Do you ignore those, too? Do you also ignore legacies?

Regarding 2019, a lot can change between now and December (let alone February). I'm not going to worry about ranking until August/September, personally.

Please create a new thread if you want to bash the head coach for getting the best recruiting class in the internet recruiting era but still not being good enough. Thanks.

He didn't do that. Thanks for the incorrect information.

It's gotten slightly better. Significantly? No. Going from an .83 average to an .85 average (rough estimate), from 50-60 nationally to 40-50 nationally, isn't "significant," in my book.

I still contend he got extremely lucky with the OLs from IMG, which are inflating things. That was a once in a lifetime, coincidental, 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of deal, that only happened because of Annexstad. Who, by the way Fleck, wouldn't even offer a scholarship, but chose to walk on out of the goodness of his heart. What does that class look like if Annexstad decides he wants that Pitt scholarship? Fleck was basically handed a freebie there (more like three freebies). So, you can pluck Coughlin from the population, but why not adjust Fleck's classes for anomalies?

I know the 2019 class isn't done yet, but as of right now we're dead last in the B1G in average composite ranking per recruit....and it's not even close. He's whiffing big time on recruits he's pouring a ton of resources into (Carroll, Duggan, Mertz, probably Hank and Benhart), which really hurts because you can't make up for lost time with others. I think we're seeing Exhibit A as to why the previous regime chose to focus resources on more realistic targets (not arguing the merit of the strategy, just observation).

IMO, things aren't looking as rosy as the Fleckites like to lead on. I'm not alarmed in any way, and this is even a little better than I expected to this point.....but we were promised much more. Trumping things up by saying things are light-years better is being very misleading.

False, but you continually make up crap on here so it's not surprising.

Please create a new thread if you want to bash the head coach for getting the best recruiting class in the internet recruiting era but still not being good enough. Thanks.

At the risk of sounding like Wren....
The proof of whether it's the best recruiting class will be seen in the next 4 years based on wins and losses. It's still an unknown at this point.

And just to clarify, by "internet era" we mean back to 1992?

What a terrible idea. First he is a 4 star guy, why have it on the nightly news? Second how can the final 2 be the UofM and ND? Just totally random right?!?! Shaver and Kare11 should get tons of heat for this. Just say something in sports or show a 30 second clip of him announcing.

Yes he just gave Notre Dame a free four minute commercial.

I don't blame the recruit. I do blame channel 11.

(Yes I know he'll never see this.)To Jay Carroll. Thanks for being a great Gopher. Congratulations on raising a talented son. I do think that 37 plus years as a Gopher trumps a six month "commitment". Few have a problem with Quinn going to Notre Dame. Giving channel 11 and Notre Dame a free four minute recruiting commercial in the Gophers yard is a bit much.

Per Quinn and father reason #1 was a faith-based institution, and the kid is quoting scripture so he may be a legitimately practicing catholic. That said, why string the Gophs along? Perhaps too polite to say no to PJ, but that doesn’t jibe with the ego blast we witnessed yesterday.

These things can come down to some pretty random criteria. Maybe he really was considering MN but the GF loves ND...well guess what. You’re going to go to ND and try to be a good catholic.

Like I said before, nobody can blame him for going to ND - great program, campus, academics. But curiously Reusse who normally doesn’t like self-absorbed blowhards set down his prejudice and applauded Quinn for rejecting PJ. What a world.

Per Quinn and father reason #1 was a faith-based institution, and the kid is quoting scripture so he may be a legitimately practicing catholic. That said, why string the Gophs along? Perhaps too polite to say no to PJ, but that doesn’t jibe with the ego blast we witnessed yesterday.

These things can come down to some pretty random criteria. Maybe he really was considering MN but the GF loves ND...well guess what. You’re going to go to ND and try to be a good catholic.

Like I said before, nobody can blame him for going to ND - great program, campus, academics. But curiously Reusse who normally doesn’t like self-absorbed blowhards set down his prejudice and applauded Quinn for rejecting PJ. What a world.

Quinn is Presbyterian, not Catholic.

Jay may be a Catholic as he went to Winnona Cotter HS which is Catholic but Quinn is not.

I really don't care that much where he goes.

I do care about how the message is delivered though.
I think he set a new standard with this one in a negative way.

Not sure how the next person can top that.

Do we know that? Or did ZA tell PJF he was coming here regardless and PJF decided to use the scholarship for another player.

I honestly don't believe PJF was going to risk not getting ZA when they are so desperate at QB. I think if ZA would have told PJF he wouldn't walk on he'd have a scholarship right now.

Besides, every year recruits recruit other kids to come where they committed. Maybe it's teammates, maybe they were at a camp together or in the same conference or have the same side action. But every year there's stories of kids who going onto Twitter or Facebook or whatever to sway other recruits. Do you ignore those, too? Do you also ignore legacies?

Regarding 2019, a lot can change between now and December (let alone February). I'm not going to worry about ranking until August/September, personally.

I thought I heard that in Zack's case, he PWO'd so that the extra scholie would allow both Faalele and Dunlop to have offers.

It kinda creeps me out that we know these people's religion. I kinda get why it comes up.... still...

It kinda creeps me out that we know these people's religion. I kinda get why it comes up.... still...

It's common for people to discuss their religion. It is the center of their lives, after all. Sure, some people find it annoying, or problematic, but religious people in my experience are very upfront about it and inject it into innocuous conversation (similar to recovering addicts).

Since Reuse applauded Quinn, that’s all I need to hope he gets an ACL ( just kidding). Seriously having never seen Quinn play I really can’t pass judgment on whether the Gophers missed out. Granted he was highly rated, but that is usually based on physical attributes not on being a physical force beteeen the lines. I remember Sentral Henderson who, most people thought was better then sliced bread. His college career was a disaster. Maybe Quinn will see the light before Dec.

Since Reuse applauded Quinn, that’s all I need to hope he gets an ACL ( just kidding). Seriously having never seen Quinn play I really can’t pass judgment on whether the Gophers missed out. Granted he was highly rated, but that is usually based on physical attributes not on being a physical force beteeen the lines. I remember Sentral Henderson who, most people thought was better then sliced bread. His college career was a disaster. Maybe Quinn will see the light before Dec.

I didn't follow Seantrel Henderson very closely in college, but I do remember him having career threatening back surgery.

By the way, roughly 90% of prospects are rated as 2* or 3*, yet the vast majority of first round picks are either 4* or 5*. I wouldn't let one bust fool you into thinking rankings don't matter.

There's nothing to gain by raggin on the Quinn family. We will survive.

I call BS. This smells of a made up response to negative feedback. I'd bet my house on it.

Yep. Complete garbage. You can bet Kare11 will attempt to make amends and suck up to Fleck and the U the next few months with more interviews and features. So it might be a positive in the end.

Agreed, this is a cop out. P*nis class level move, rubbing it in the Gophers football programs face that a top rate M man's legacy picks Notre Dame. If he was gonna spurn the Gophers he should done it a long time ago. Those ripping U of M campus in Are in do not get it. Notre Dame campus is ok but all of South bend surrounds it and it is armpit level city in Indiana. I don't buy the pius faith crap, playing a role, this kids going to college to party and get laid just like all football players at major programs do. This is the best path to the NFL, college experience all fluff level stuff.
I call BS. This smells of a made up response to negative feedback. I'd bet my house on it.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Not everything has to be done for gain.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I agree. Lets focus on the players that want to be here. It is obvious that Quinn doesn't. On another note I've been faithful to KARE 11 in the past, and tonight it will be a different station.

He had a better college career than any Gopher OL since Setterstrom/Eslinger.

He certainly had his hiccups, but it was far from a disaster.

Let’s see how long it takes for 11 to broadcast a kid picking the U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KARE11 has been showing Notre Dame home games for over 25 years. Maybe when the NBC lands the Big 10, they will show players signing on with the Gophers.

Top Bottom