U officially called every Gopher Football ticket holder during our renewal process

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

They didn't call me, but I renewed in 17 for taxes.... so they kinda called everyone...

They called everyone? Damn, I thought they singled me out.

It's getting easier as the STH base is rapidly dwindling. Thanks Mega.

I think a more accurate statement would be that they contacted every ticket holder. No call for me, but got an email from Fleck.

I think a more accurate statement would be that they contacted every ticket holder. No call for me, but got an email from Fleck.

Possibly missed the call? They called me a few months ago and I told them I'd be renewing. Finally renewed the other day but hadn't heard from them since that call.

I don't check the voice mail on my landline....

This effort is worth at least 1 extra win per season!

I'm betting the mass robo call was counted. Do they think that is somehow an improvement on fan engagement? BTW, I heard from the ticket office changes are coming in how they price next year. Info was not specific but I believe it to be you will no longer be able to pool your seat donation with others in your group toward your tailgate parking pass. With VERY little college football atmosphere on game day, let's hope they do not do that!

After close to 30 years as a ST guy, we are done unless we can find someone to share our tickets with. Miss too many games.

Its been a fun run.

After close to 30 years as a ST guy, we are done unless we can find someone to share our tickets with. Miss too many games.

Its been a fun run.

We are also looking for someone to share our 4 season tickets (see Gopher Ticket Exchange for details)

Hey Jack, I have a great idea. Why don't we share our tickets with each other????:rolleyes:

I see where you have your post before mine and still no comments. I had one on Gopher Illustrated but it didn't work out. Another indication of the lack of interest in Gopher football.

Young people want to be entertained both on an off the field. Gophers have a long way to go and basically don't get it when it comes to a great game day experience. All one needs to do is go to a Vikings game. Even if they lose, one can still enjoy the plaza which is exciting and lively.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if they called any of the people who dropped tickets in the last two years in an effort to bring them back?

Wait I know the answer to that one.....they didn't.

Possibly missed the call? They called me a few months ago and I told them I'd be renewing. Finally renewed the other day but hadn't heard from them since that call.

Slim possibility I guess...if they didn't leave a VM.

Slim possibility I guess...if they didn't leave a VM.

Maybe they have the wrong phone number on file? Possibly the # on your account is a phone you don't have anymore?

I wonder if they called any of the people who dropped tickets in the last two years in an effort to bring them back?

Wait I know the answer to that one.....they didn't.

I think they called my wife and she dropped two years ago. Not sure she answered...

Acknowledging that they need to do more for fan involvement is great. One robocall can't turn it all around, but it's a step in the right direction. IMO step two would be to shut down Oak street between Williams/Mariucci/TCF for game day and make that whole area a pregame party. Selling beer at Mariucci is great, being able to carry that beer to the food trucks outside would be better, being able to get food/beer/music all in one place in that area would be ideal. Maybe a big tented/heated area pregame for the colder games too.

IMO step two would be to shut down Oak street between Williams/Mariucci/TCF for game day and make that whole area a pregame party.

They do this already and have been for several years now.

Isn't it a dry zone though? I could be wrong...

No. You can buy beer in the lobby of Mooch and mill about in the whole area in front, up to the TCF lots. There's a few food trucks lined up on the north side of the lawn outside as well.

No. You can buy beer in the lobby of Mooch and mill about in the whole area in front, up to the TCF lots. There's a few food trucks lined up on the north side of the lawn outside as well.

Last year when I went there early on there were staff sitting at the exit area from Mariucci asking that you not take beer outside that area, and the food trucks were outside that area. You could carry food into the Mariucci area, but not vice versa. Maybe that changed later in the year, but we gave it a try early and decide to tailgate elsewhere after.

They do this already and have been for several years now.

Are you sure? Pretty sure I've played frogger getting from Bw's to the stadium. I think Oak street is open between Williams and TCF. Agreed that the section between mariucci and the stadium is closed down.

Acknowledging that they need to do more for fan involvement is great. One robocall can't turn it all around, but it's a step in the right direction. IMO step two would be to shut down Oak street between Williams/Mariucci/TCF for game day and make that whole area a pregame party. Selling beer at Mariucci is great, being able to carry that beer to the food trucks outside would be better, being able to get food/beer/music all in one place in that area would be ideal. Maybe a big tented/heated area pregame for the colder games too.

Last year when I went there early on there were staff sitting at the exit area from Mariucci asking that you not take beer outside that area, and the food trucks were outside that area. You could carry food into the Mariucci area, but not vice versa. Maybe that changed later in the year, but we gave it a try early and decide to tailgate elsewhere after.

I don't know if they were just particularly lax the day I was there, but we went there before the Nebraska game and not only did they let us bring our beer over to the stadium, they let people openly bring beer to the area in front of Mariucci. One of the guys at a table by us literally put a case of beer on top of the table they were standing at and nobody ever said a word to them. They were there for over an hour. Several cops walked by and said nothing.

I'm guessing it's like everything else there - start it really strict then loosen up with time. The second game of the first season my buddy had a beer while on the sidewalk between the stadium and the parking lots and a cop threatened to arrest him if he didn't get rid of it. Later that year (and after) they just asked that you finish it before you enter.

Top Bottom