2018 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

Thanks.

Its funny he says this isnt about Towns or Wiggins. It is.

He wants out, but wants to get paid super max, so he wants to get traded now, to keep those Bird Rights.

Your welcome. Not getting that Bird Rights contract would be very expensive for Butler. He can sign the five-year, $190 million extension with the Timberwolves next summer if he isn't traded, or he can sign a four-year, $141M deal with a new team that doesn't get his Bird Rights.

Whoa whoa whoa......this is the first Ive heard of the gf thing

It's all over the Wolves sites out there. Gist is that Towns and Butler had some back-n-forth tweets about Towns' relationship/gf. Soon after Towns scrubbed her from his social media life or whatever it's called. Rumors abound. Cheating, bullying, just being a jerk, etc. No real explanation known at this time, but it has been a point of frustration between the two of them.

Your welcome. Not getting that Bird Rights contract would be very expensive for Butler. He can sign the five-year, $190 million extension with the Timberwolves next summer if he isn't traded, or he can sign a four-year, $141M deal with a new team that doesn't get his Bird Rights.

Just listened to JohnnyK on the Fan. Butler wanted the Wolves to restructure his deal now. That would gain him $10 million more if I heard correctly. To do so was almost impossible for the Wolves to do as they would have to find a way to gut the roster.

Just listened to JohnnyK on the Fan. Butler wanted the Wolves to restructure his deal now. That would gain him $10 million more if I heard correctly. To do so was almost impossible for the Wolves to do as they would have to find a way to gut the roster.

Heard that too and remembered the discussions when the Wolves made the qualifying offer.

Some, who didn't have a clue, thought it was laughable offer. It wasn't. The others talked about how it would have been nearly impossible to get Butler the big money without gutting the team.

After listening to Johnny K. sounds like that's what Butler wanted. He wanted his money now and wanted Towns and/or Wiggins out of here.

Bet he was surprised when his bobo Thibs didn't want to do it.

Lotsa angles here - more than I'd figured. Thanks, all, for the dirt!

Trade with Nets. Nets are a good fit. They have a couple of contracts with one year left that match Butler's salary (Crabbe, Faried, Carroll), young players (Allen, Lavert, Russell (who I wouldnt touch), Dinwiddle, and Hollis-Jefferson.

I know they really like Lavert, Allen, and Hollis-Jefferson. In the very least, I need to have Allen, who would fit great next to Towns.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9xr2hnt

A Knicks trade looks unattractive for both teams. Even if the Knicks get Butler, they have enough bad contracts not to sign another max player (Irving.) So they should stay the course, which is what they plan on doing. Portzingas/Butler combo doesnt do much. However, here is the best possible trade I could come up with

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yajvne9y

A Knicks trade looks unattractive for both teams. Even if the Knicks get Butler, they have enough bad contracts not to sign another max player (Irving.) So they should stay the course, which is what they plan on doing. Portzingas/Butler combo doesnt do much. However, here is the best possible trade I could come up with

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yajvne9y

Yuck to that trade. We would have Towns, Gorgi, Patton and Kanter. Way too many centers.

More news:

Clippers #1 destination according to Butler.

Towns told Taylor/Thibs that Butler must go or he will.

More heavy rumors that Butler and Kats girlfriend got it on.

More news:

Clippers #1 destination according to Butler.

Towns told Taylor/Thibs that Butler must go or he will.

More heavy rumors that Butler and Kats girlfriend got it on.

first i heard about #2, but makes sense since towns wont sign extension

He'd still be on the team though. Find a 3rd team to take him and maybe..

if you cant find a third team, then just cut him. hes an expiring. Just using him as a means to get the knicks last 2 lottery picks, ages 18 and 19

Nothing but pennies on the dollar available from the three teams Butler has named. I won’t be surprised if KAT also demands a trade. Hiring Thibs could set the team back ten years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing but pennies on the dollar available from the three teams Butler has named. I won’t be surprised if KAT also demands a trade. Hiring Thibs could set the team back ten years.

exactly

Nothing matters more than Taylor getting rid of Thibs. That is the key to having any hope for the future.

Funny, apparently Wiggins’ brother, Nick Wiggins, tweeted “Hallelujah” in response to the original Shams tweet about Butler wanting to be traded.

Plenty of love on the team it looks like

Reusse: Jimmy Butler's request for a trade builds on what the Timberwolves do best: chaos

There is a long-serving pundit on the local sports scene who has been espousing this theory on the Timberwolves for several years: “Even when they do the right thing, it turns out to be the wrong thing.”

OK, the person is me and pundit might be generous as a self-description, but you have to admit: That oft-repeated theory on our Woofies came through in resounding fashion again Wednesday, as reports surfaced that Jimmy Butler wants to be traded.

This alone was enough to validate the punditry, but the reports came with the information there were three teams that Butler could be traded to with his assurance of signing a long-term deal:

Brooklyn, the New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Clippers.

Presumably, this would mean the Wolves would get more in a trade for Butler from a team that knew it could keep him. Except, there’s the minor problem that there’s one player combined on those three rosters the Wolves actually would covet — and the Knicks aren’t going to trade that one, Kristaps Porzingis.

The Timberwolves have made plans to celebrate this as their 30th season and, really, none of us could properly celebrate if we were being deprived of the franchise’s strongest tradition:

Chaos.

http://www.startribune.com/jimmy-bu...s-on-what-the-timberwolves-do-best/493795681/

Howl Wolves!!

Funny, apparently Wiggins’ brother, Nick Wiggins, tweeted “Hallelujah” in response to the original Shams tweet about Butler wanting to be traded.

Plenty of love on the team it looks like

And then later, Butler posted some sort of workout video on Instagram and ended it by saying "Hallelujah".

Bunch of children.

Nothing matters more than Taylor getting rid of Thibs. That is the key to having any hope for the future.

I agree that Thibs needs to go, but nothing matters more than Taylor selling this team. It starts with incompetence at the top.

I agree that Thibs needs to go, but nothing matters more than Taylor selling this team. It starts with incompetence at the top.

Not a bad idea and there are buyers out there. The problem is they all want to move the team.

Of course if they keep Thibs that might not be such bad idea.

Not a bad idea and there are buyers out there. The problem is they all want to move the team.

Of course if they keep Thibs that might not be such bad idea.

That unfortunately is the problem. You'd think they could find someone to keep them here.

Taylor should keep the team, but put the right son-in-law in charge. Roger Griffith seemed to make all the right moves with the Lynx.

Top Bottom