PJ Fleck robo-call

What I see is a few folks who continue to overpay for season tickets trying to feel better about that decision by pretending it somehow makes them a better fan. Par for the course around here. Also absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly doesnt make us a better fan, it was always my way of making a donation to the U. Hope to do it again in the future.

What I see is a few folks who continue to overpay for season tickets trying to feel better about that decision by pretending it somehow makes them a better fan. Par for the course around here. Also absurd.

Yes, I would absolutely and emphatically state that contributing money to the program (improving the program's financial position and resources to compete against its peers) makes one a better fan than someone who doesn't do those things. I very much doubt that anyone complaining about "overpaying" for tickets that they won't even purchase is doing anything of substance to improve the program's position. And no, complaining incessantly about P.J. Fleck on a message board doesn't count.

Not congratulations - but maybe understanding. As in, "I don't agree with what you did, but I understand why you did it."

Jeez, DP, we're talking about a guy who lives in Texas - but still follows the Gophers closely, and was willing for years to invest the money to fly up here for games. That is a heck of a commitment. I would argue that he is more committed than a lot of the fair-weather fans in MN who don't show up for games if they don't like the weather forecast, or sell their tix to WI or NEB fans.

If he has decided he wants to do something different, that is his choice. he has every right to make that choice. And I suspect it was not an easy choice. I have no problem with what Houston did. Now, the people on here who think they have a right to judge who is or isn't a real "fan," that I have a problem with.

I'm not telling him what to do or what not to do - more power to him. I'm asking why he insists on broadcasting it, repeatedly, on a Gophers fan board. He picked a thread about a P.J. Fleck automated call to make sure that we all knew (for the 5th or 6th time, at least) that he dropped his season tickets. I fail to understand the thought process that leads someone to think that letting us all know about this (repeatedly) is a good idea.

Yes, I would absolutely and emphatically state that contributing money to the program (improving the program's financial position and resources to compete against its peers) makes one a better fan than someone who doesn't do those things. I very much doubt that anyone complaining about "overpaying" for <b>tickets that they won't even purchase</b> is doing anything of substance to improve the program's position. And no, complaining incessantly about P.J. Fleck on a message board doesn't count.

I do buy tickets DPO. I go to multiple home and at least one road game a year. Was a season ticket holder for nearly 2 decades before the value just wasn't there and I moved to the secondary market. That's when I became a "fan" - and implemented the economics that I learned as a student at the U.

I do buy tickets DPO. I go to multiple home and at least one road game a year. Was a season ticket holder for nearly 2 decades before the value just wasn't there and I moved to the secondary market. That's when I became a "fan" - and implemented the economics that I learned as a student at the U.

DPO has defined who are Gopher fans and who are not, apparently we didn't make his/her cut. And heaven forbid you or anyone else disagrees with what is going on at any given moment with Gopher football, how dare you criticize the program. According to Dictionary.com FANATIC is defined as "a person whose enthusiasm or zeal for something is extreme or beyond normal limits". It does not reference "money spent" as a measurement or "level of fandom".

I'm not telling him what to do or what not to do - more power to him. I'm asking why he insists on broadcasting it, repeatedly, on a Gophers fan board. He picked a thread about a P.J. Fleck automated call to make sure that we all knew (for the 5th or 6th time, at least) that he dropped his season tickets. I fail to understand the thought process that leads someone to think that letting us all know about this (repeatedly) is a good idea.

I think we all come to post on this board as fans. Some of us come here to process. Season tickets are a huge commitment for many of us. Someone coming up from Houston for a full season is big as it gets. Most of us come to process things as fans. If we were all graded on making points repeatedly, most of us would flunk on 40 times alone.

I think you missed the point. Houston made the decision to drop his season tickets - and shortly after that, he gets a robo call from Fleck about season tickets. The juxtaposition of the two events is ironic, to say the least. It would be like a long-time Republican who decides to stop making campaign contributions, and getting a robo-call from Trump.

But, you have my permission to print and market T-shirts that say "I'm a better fan than you," if that makes you feel better. Maybe combine it with a crowd shot of one of last year's games, with an X over your (occupied) seat.

I think you missed the point. Houston made the decision to drop his season tickets - and shortly after that, he gets a robo call from Fleck about season tickets. The juxtaposition of the two events is ironic, to say the least. It would be like a long-time Republican who decides to stop making campaign contributions, and getting a robo-call from Trump.

But, you have my permission to print and market T-shirts that say "I'm a better fan than you," if that makes you feel better. Maybe combine it with a crowd shot of one of last year's games, with an X over your (occupied) seat.

Cool. It would probably have had the intended effect if he hadn't already let us know that he dropped his tickets in every post prior to that for the past week.

Cool. It would probably have had the intended effect if he hadn't already let us know that he dropped his tickets in every post prior to that for the past week.

For the record, you have now brought up your point far more than I shared dropping my tickets, and again, I never bragged about it!

All I got was my daily call from a highjacked number from a woman named Elizabeth who offered me a great deal on a resort stay.

Back off. I think she’s warming to me. Free resort stay means she is putting the champagne on ice and closing the blinds. Don’t mess this up for me. She calls twice a day now.

How do we know this was a robo-call?

Top Bottom