U.S. Bank Stadium game

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
What I was told by Gopher ticket office about ticket availability to U.S. Bank Stadium game for Gopher basketball season-ticket holders.

"Right now, the negotiations are still on going for the potential game at US Bank Stadium. When a deal gets finalized, we will send out information on how you can get tickets. We are unsure on when that would be finalized."

Guessing that means no special ordering rights for season-ticket holders, they'll just refer us to Ticket Master or U.S. Bank Stadium, give us some B.S. excuse why they can't at least give us "first rights" to buy tickets.

What I was told by Gopher ticket office about ticket availability to U.S. Bank Stadium game for Gopher basketball season-ticket holders.

"Right now, the negotiations are still on going for the potential game at US Bank Stadium. When a deal gets finalized, we will send out information on how you can get tickets. We are unsure on when that would be finalized."

Guessing that means no special ordering rights for season-ticket holders, they'll just refer us to Ticket Master or U.S. Bank Stadium?

This is why the convoluted statement by Mark Coyle about how they have all these nice perks for loyalty is bunk. Just treat the season ticket holders like they should be treated. Offer a good home schedule and include games like this in the package. Skip all the other garbage.

This is why the convoluted statement by Mark Coyle about how they have all these nice perks for loyalty is bunk. Just treat the season ticket holders like they should be treated. Offer a good home schedule and include games like this in the package. Skip all the other garbage.

Yep, I read the first couple sentences of Coyle's long-winded hubris and then just quit reading. A bunch of gobbly-goop that amounts to nothing. We're supposed to be excited about earning perks like a Gopher calendar or going to a coaches pre-game talk? Oooooo, wow, that's awesome, Mark!

I guess I wasn't the only one not impressed with Coyle's self congratulatory memo to those of us who should be grateful.

I will place a wager that in our new egalitarian rewards system, people with Gopher scores in the 0-999 range might have some access the rest of us unwashed fans might not.

Here is how the volleyball at Target Center is being handled:

Please note this is not a part of our season ticket package:

Big Ten/ACC Challenge Aug. 24-25

Due to these matches being held at Target Center, tickets for this event are not included in 2018 season ticket packages and must be purchased through Ticketmaster. All Gopher season ticket holders will receive exclusive pre-sale access on May 8 to purchase seats. Gopher Score members and 2018 NCAA Volleyball Championship ticket buyers will have access to purchase on May 9-10. On May 11, tickets will open for sale to the general public. Additional details on pricing and tournament packages will be shared via email and on gophersports.com prior to the exclusive season ticket pre-sale on May 8

I see the same 3 things for US Bank Stadium MBB.

1 day for STH
2 days for other Gopher Score and FF ticket holders
Then general public.

Here is how the volleyball at Target Center is being handled:

Please note this is not a part of our season ticket package:

Big Ten/ACC Challenge Aug. 24-25

Due to these matches being held at Target Center, tickets for this event are not included in 2018 season ticket packages and must be purchased through Ticketmaster. All Gopher season ticket holders will receive exclusive pre-sale access on May 8 to purchase seats. Gopher Score members and 2018 NCAA Volleyball Championship ticket buyers will have access to purchase on May 9-10. On May 11, tickets will open for sale to the general public. Additional details on pricing and tournament packages will be shared via email and on gophersports.com prior to the exclusive season ticket pre-sale on May 8

I see the same 3 things for US Bank Stadium MBB.

1 day for STH
2 days for other Gopher Score and FF ticket holders
Then general public.

Thanks for the info.

I could live with this for basketball. If it's not part of season-ticket package, season-ticket holders (STH) should get first crack.

What I'll be curious about is, would any of the seats made available to STH be among the best seats, not all nosebleeds?

Update from Doogie

Per Doogie (via Pitino), opponent won't be a blueblood but will be in the next tier.

Expect the game to be Saturday, Dec. 8, or Saturday, Dec. 22.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Per Doogie (via Pitino), opponent won't be a blueblood but will be in the next tier.

Expect the game to be Saturday, Dec. 8, or Saturday, Dec. 22.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Could it be...Wichita State?

Could it be...Wichita State?

Possible, but Shockers headed for a down year this season. Pretty much losing everyone.

Here are teams from the other Power 6 conferences + a few others in that "next tier" I'd be more than happy to see the Gophers play at U.S. Bank Stadium:

AAC: Cincinnati, UCF

ACC: Notre Dame, Syracuse

Atlantic 10: Davidson

Big East: Butler, Xavier

Big XII: Iowa State, Texas

Mountain West: Nevada, San Diego State

Pac 12: Oregon, Stanford

SEC: Mississippi State, Tennessee

WCC: Gonzaga

Ah yes, Dec 22nd as people are traveling for a long holiday weekend.

Can someone cut & paste the story from the Trib?

Or at least provide the date here.

Does the story give any indication if it'll be a doubleheader at U.S. Bank, or just the Gopher game?

per STrib: Gophers will play Oklahoma State in U.S. Bank Stadium's Final Four test run

The Gophers men’s basketball team will play what amounts to a 2019 Final Four warm-up game for U.S. Bank Stadium in December, but the Gophers opponent will be quite real: Oklahoma State.

A source told the Star Tribune on Monday the OSU Cowboys will be the opponent, news that could be made official this week.

Oklahoma State is a perennial Big 12 contender, winning 20 or more games in seven times in the past 10 seasons, including a 21-15 record in 2017-18 under first-year coach Mike Boynton Jr. It has been an NCAA tournament team in four of the past six seasons.

NCAA officials will attend the December game to monitor how basketball fits into the Vikings’ home stadium.

Kate Mortenson, President and CEO of the 2019 Final Four local organizing committee, said last spring that everyone will be “aiming to make (the December Gophers game) an event unto itself in addition to the ‘test game’,” she said. “It’s a big deal.”

The Final Four in Minneapolis is scheduled for April 6-8, 2019.

A date for Gophers-Oklahoma State is not yet set.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...bank-stadium-s-final-four-test-run/481954531/

Go Gophers!!

per STrib: Gophers will play Oklahoma State in U.S. Bank Stadium's Final Four test run

The Gophers men’s basketball team will play what amounts to a 2019 Final Four warm-up game for U.S. Bank Stadium in December, but the Gophers opponent will be quite real: Oklahoma State.

A source told the Star Tribune on Monday the OSU Cowboys will be the opponent, news that could be made official this week.

Oklahoma State is a perennial Big 12 contender, winning 20 or more games in seven times in the past 10 seasons, including a 21-15 record in 2017-18 under first-year coach Mike Boynton Jr. It has been an NCAA tournament team in four of the past six seasons.

NCAA officials will attend the December game to monitor how basketball fits into the Vikings’ home stadium.

Kate Mortenson, President and CEO of the 2019 Final Four local organizing committee, said last spring that everyone will be “aiming to make (the December Gophers game) an event unto itself in addition to the ‘test game’,” she said. “It’s a big deal.”

The Final Four in Minneapolis is scheduled for April 6-8, 2019.

A date for Gophers-Oklahoma State is not yet set.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...bank-stadium-s-final-four-test-run/481954531/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed!

Yes, a little surprising we play them for 2nd time in 4 seasons at a neutral site. Was hoping for Baylor, Iowa State, K-State or Texas, but could be worse, I guess.

OSU will not wow the masses, no matter how good they are. Any news on a double header game? My guess is tickets will be at least $50 for something remotely decent.

Once again they don't manage the message very well. Let everyone think it's Kansas, then fail to deliver. Same thing happened with Duke/Miami last year.

Once again they don't manage the message very well. Let everyone think it's Kansas, then fail to deliver. Same thing happened with Duke/Miami last year.

Maybe they tried to get someone like Kansas but couldn’t make it work.

There will be plenty of seats available even if they don't give STH first dibs.

Who thought it was kansas? I am excited for this game. I hope its a double headed.

Per Pat Reusse twitter, Clemson-Memphis is the other game.

Would have been very interesting if Tubby was still there.

Top Bottom